• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

What counting base do you think is the best? (decimal, duodecimal, hexadecimal, binary. etc.)

GigiBee28

Prima Luce
Greenie
Sep 5, 2021
I watched a video called "a better way to count" and it was seximal. But I like decimal because it doesn't give me a headache.

BTJRedwing

Berdst Friend
Op
Mar 7, 2020
Whichever one you first learn.

This is a really fun topic though. Aside from really small bases that are hard to read and really large bases with tons of symbols to memorize, I've never really been convinced by any arguments that one base system is better than another. Sure base-12 has some cool mental math tricks, but it's also a lot more multiplication for kids to learn in school. I don't think anyone advocates for actually switching systems though.

We could have a base-infinity system where every number is represented by one digit. It'd be kinda fun coming up with endless amounts of symbols.

Or who says our bases need to be integers. I won't try to wrap my head around a base-sqrt(2) or base-pi system though. Or maybe a negative base system. I think base-negative2 might function similarly to two's complement, but I have enough trouble trying to wrap my head around it to confirm.

D

Deleted member 4181

Depends on application, but in general and in the majority of cases I prefer base10, simply because I'm a native English speaker and the language, as well as society, was structured around base10 so it's naturally most comfortable for me. Otherwise base 2, 8, and 16 are nice for working with computers and other bases are cool as curiosities, but I haven't worked with others much for functional reasons.

Vermilion_Stone

Redstone Resolve.
Greenie
Nov 22, 2021
This is for the ideal counting system, and I would agree that senary would be fairly decent because it has factors of 2 and 3, the closest primes to e, but one must also achieve a balance between lower bases (more and more digits for the same value) and higher bases (more and more different symbols to represent each number). This and the fact that 2 is an extremely common base and used in electronics as well makes me lean more towards duodecimal.
However, we all use base 10 already, so switching bases would cause more confusion than it would fix. Though, a counterpoint to BTJ: many schools already require memorization up to 12 anyways.

BoggledToggo

Oh good lawd he boggled
Greenie
Board
May 12, 2022
I've never thought about using non-integer bases before. That then brings up the question of how bases of say pi would work - would you then need irrational parts of each power of pi in order to represent certain numbers? That's very very cool I'm doing some research into this now LMAO