• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

What do you love about zero.minr.org?

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013

Why do you visit this server?
What do you hate about this server?
What makes you keep coming back?

How can we make the server better?

frogbreath1

That Greenie That Doesn't Really Do Anything
Greenie
Jun 20, 2015
I don't know how to word or say this but I don't think the reason people stay at this server is for the parkour most of the time. Some people do of course but most of the time it's the community that minr runs. If there is one thing I love so much about the server it's the friendly community and the non-spammy atmosphere. A bigger server doesn't always mean a better server imo. We can have real conversations with people we don't even know and become great friends with them. I keep coming back for the community. There isn't a ton to hate about the server but one way I think you could make the server better is well... Less staff? I'm pretty sure like 25% of the community now is staff and while that's good in order to get spammers and rule disobeyers banned I just think mod is losing meaning. I also think about this: Do people start becoming less active once they are mod? It just seems most the mods have been getting on less and less after they were active forever. Sure it could just be one of those "life changes" but... Well at this point I really don't know what i'm talking about anymore... In conclusion, call me biased but I think that the server could be..... Not give out as much staff positions? But what do I know :l (If this even is a flaw it is a tiny one. Love this server so much and i'm not the only one. Keep it up guys)

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
As i often mention, sometimes getting extra abilities kills the fun for people. Not only that but a lot of staff are older than most of our base players, usually 20s+ this usually means they are busy in RL with schoolwork or their career. It's hard to keep a balance sometimes. RL always comes first :)

frogbreath1

That Greenie That Doesn't Really Do Anything
Greenie
Jun 20, 2015
Yea that might be a part of the problem with why there are so many staff. When somebody leaves you gotta "replace" them with another staff. Then if they come back you have +1 extra staff...

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013

zero is the first server I joined were I really felt like part of the community. I had tried the yogscast server where the staff just flat out didn't care what happened on the server, and I had joined two servers while trying to beat the HC where I got along with people, but it just didn't mesh for me. Zero was where I could talk with people who, like me, enjoyed puzzles and challenges. I learned redstone because of my desire to help build the community more. I built maps to rival the ones that gave me the hardest time. Most of all, I got to meet some awesome people from around the world whom I could never have met otherwise.

zero is my minecraft home. Even when I need time away from minecraft, I still love to join in on conversations with people and help keep the community going strong in whatever capacity I can.

I hate that the survival aspect of minecraft has been lost on the server. When I found zero, I found a survival server that used challenge courses instead of a whitelist to keep the griefers at bay. That was what drove me to join. As the server evolved, it just became harder and harder to do anything survival-wise.

Two things: 1) the members of the community, 2) my personal commitment to help preserve the server as a friendly place.

I agree with Heckin. Staff promotions went from being something that was earned on an as-needed basis to an annual event. When we were seeing peak hour activity of 100 people at a time, we did feel overwhelmed. However, we aren't seeing that, and now the average player is getting overwhelmed with staff. I think we need to take the time to evaluate what we need in terms of staff, decide on the numbers, and stick to it. To give an example of what I mean, have staff positions for course administration, error resolution, community resource management, rank administration, etc. If we have the staff specialized instead of everybody doing everything, it would make it much easier to see how much staff is actually needed.

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
The reason I stuck with zero and not any other server was the adventurous an amazing feeling it gave me to explore the world and all the maps in FFA. In particular, Hardcore was one of the most challenging and fun experiences i've faced in this game and I wish I could go through it again.

That may explain why I'm not as active these days as I used to be. I love the community and the staff but since receiving admin powers a lot of things have lost their magic to me. True, I can fly around and build whatever I want but there is little left to discover which makes me sad because I have nostalgia for when I was a green (even though it was only four years ago) finding things for the first time and working to get my resources.

That being said, I will never outright leave this community. I usually check the forums every day and sometimes I will hop on zero to say hello and check out the new stuff. I hope the current greens though are enjoying the server as much as I did because it was the most fun I've had playing minecraft and I won't forget zero.minr for giving me tons of great memories.

Pekachoo

The Useless
Greenie
Aug 15, 2015

I visit this server because it's my favorite Minecraft server. I have always loved parkour in Minecraft, and this is the server that does parkour best. It has the best system, and the best maps. The server is also really active, in the form that new maps come every now and then, and there are people on most of the time.

There's nothing I really hate about the server. I'm trying to think of something I hate or dislike, but I can't. Instead, I wanna pull out something I LOVE about this server, which is no P2W in any form. Keeping away being able to pay to get advantages is complete bs, and this server is the best. No paying for ranks or similar keeps the effort in getting ranks, which I love.

The community is mainly what keeps me coming back. Everybody here (except new whities with no other intention of bein rude, or needing attention) is nice, funny, and keeps the jokes to a level in which we know it's jokes, and not something serious (for example when me an another person *cough*reb filled another person *cough*Vintix's inventory with fish when he was afk which is a pretty harmless joke that mostly just killed me and reb's time)

The thing that could make the server better would've been an obligatoric room the very first time you join where everything you need to know to get started is listed. I don't know if this is impossible, and I know we must help as much as we can, but it's so annoying when whities always ask "How to get to parkour" and I really wanna help them, but if I'm doing hexa or something similar to that, and nobody else is on, I can't just leave and help.

With all that said, dear MINR. You are, and will forever be in my heart <3

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
I love how you can come online and make friends with someone in 30 minutes who you will know for years. For example, think of grave being sneaky as amy. Everyone considered themselves near best friends with amy within two months because of how great it is to be with these types of friends online. We can chat, play a map, or just enjoy company any time. I can come on, wave at reb, message minty and then go about making a map or go play a map with styx. It's fun.
If I had to put one thing I dislike it would be at the harshness of some of the admins. One day I came in and slipped up helping someone when I shouldn't have and he didn't know me too well at that point and it felt like I would get disowned by the server on the spot (might have just been a bad day for them or something, I deserved it). Other than that, it's fantastic.
I think making the server better would start with routing whities directly where they want to go, to parkour. Sending them to ffa+ seems like a learning curve at the length and difficulty of many of those maps, while ffa is a nice introduction to everything.

Last edited:

Jsnick

Compass Master
Greenie
Nov 15, 2013
The fact that we're still running and a friendly community, rather than dead like 99% of the servers made in the time minr was. I love how I can come to the server and see familiar, friendly people.

To interact with others and help when possible. It's always nice to get on and talk/interact with the people online. Plus nostalgia - after being here for so long I can't really leave.

I pretty much agree with srentiln on this one (being here since the same time period) - I first joined in 2010 because it was a nice survival server with a fairly good anti-grief system, without the pain of whitelisting. Coming back after a small break (a month or more) and seeing that the server changed completely left me devastated, I almost didn't want to play anymore. I dealt with it and just kept playing, but ever since it hasn't felt the same, since the X completely died, and everyone focused on doing maps instead of doing survival things.

The fact that I've been here for too long to just quit. You guys are a second family and leaving doesn't seem like an option. I rarely bother doing maps, but I like to come back to talk with everyone. Not only this, but I feel I should help people in need if they need it.

My thought would be some way to eliminate the "where is parkour" thing, or people joining, getting confused, then leaving a minute later. I personally think staff, or even greens+ having a legitimate discussion on what we should really do to fix it, because I think we'd have a fair amount of more players if they knew what to do at the start. I'm aware that there is a giant sign saying "Maps" in spawn, but sadly a lot of people seem to have trouble with reading it (for whatever reason). An easy option is setting a filter that recognizes "where is parkour" and any variant of that (parkor, parcore, etc etc...) and will send them a message saying to click it, which will send them to the parkour room in FFA. Again this is up for discussion, but that is one suggestion.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Making the Server Better:

Perhaps when people spawn for the first time, why not spawn them on the FFA Airship. While I do like our current spawn, it can feel a bit overwhelming and where you are meant to go for maps is not immediately clear. However, on the FFA Airship, you a) Spawn in front of a sign saying that maps are below deck and b) The only way you can really go is forward.

Also, while we are talking about this, can we just rename the FFA sign at spawn to just Maps? FFA is, again, not very intuitive about its purpose, while a MAPS sign clearly states where the maps are. (When I was a whitie, I didn't think "you have to click the FFA sign to go to maps", but "you have to click this specific sign to go to maps"). For all other purposes, call it the FFA, but I think it would benefit new players a lot if we called it Maps at spawn.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
How could we introduce the survival element back into the server in your opinions?

Problem with new players is that most players that join make their decision to stay or go within 10 seconds of joining. We can only hold their hand so much. I also agree that FFA would be confusing for new players many would not know what FFA means.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
In my opinion, the only way to bring survival back to minr is to provide some form of incentive for it. It's no secret that I have a major issue with any resource that can be easily farmed being in the resource parkour, as that is one of the attributing factors towards the loss of the survival element. One of the things that c_dric had done to try to keep survival was to remove all the warps from the server and encourage the creation of the nether subway (which I am at fault for the lack of completion of).

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
What I've always loved about Zero is the group of players that play here. Mind you, that takes quite a bit of work, what with removing the trolls who seem to be everywhere. That's dealt with pretty well by the staff which frequent the server, which along with the unique features available here makes this a special place. Someone else mentioned that we have too many staff, which I disagree with, with one caveat. As currently structured, I would agree, but with a minor modification, I think the number we have would be good. I would submit to have Admins as we currently do, but then have TWO staff levels below them. A small group of regular Mods should have access to WorldEdit, /tphere, and such, with the rest of the staff basically being greens with /mute /ban /kick

Like Jsnick, I play here still because after playing here for over six years, it's like family. I find the transformations Zero has gone through quite interesting, both the good and the bad. Having that depth of experience, I think I have some insights that most others might not. Originally, c_dric and scionozion envisioned a survival server which didn't have a griefing problem, which they hoped to accomplish via challenges. This was successful to a large extent, and became more so when a more difficult set of challenges were created in early 2011. People would get green, create a home, and play survival. I would frequently change up "The Rotation", bringing in new maps as they were completed, and removing maps which had been in for a while. c_dric left all that to me, and I took protection of the server very seriously. Maps were a means to an end, namely to stop undesirables from wanting to get on the server as builders. Sometime after I left, it seems the focus of the server became maps. There is nothing wrong with that, but if the senior staff are looking to make any changes, they first have to figure out how they got to where they are.

If the goal was to become a premier map server, that goal has definitely been accomplished. The FFA ship with all the high quality maps accessible was a major step forward. The ability of greens to have their input into which maps were acceptable additions to FFA, and advertising which played up those aspects of Zero also moved us forward toward that goal.

Unfortunately, when a shift like that occurs, those greens who have come for other reasons may not understand the need to differentiate ourselves from all the other servers out there, or may find the atmosphere change more than they are comfortable with. I'd guess that a high percentage of players:

1. Come for a few minutes, can't find the maps, and leave
2. Come for a bit, try a map, get frustrated, and leave
3. Come, but are sociable and want to chat, find nobody else on who wants to talk, and leave
4. Come on, find the server empty, and leave
5. Come on repeatedly, get through HC, only wanted that challenge, and stop playing here as that is all they wanted to do.

The one thing about all these logins is that none of them become regular players, and 1-4 never even become greens. If the goal is more steady players, what is our "target market", and what is our "hook" (Who, and how do we get them here)? If we can answer these questions, we are on our way to where we want to be!

While I don't hate anything about this server, but there are things I find frustrating, such as:

1. So many whities asking where the maps are. Maybe change the FFA sign to say "MAPS" (as someone else suggested), and after they get there, have a sign which says "FFA". I like to help, but the same question does get annoying at times.

2. Not enough trusted greens having at least the /mute /kick /tempban commands. This might cause some more problems, but on the balance of probabilities, I think it would be on the positive side. It would also give people a responsibility to live up to, and an ability to move upwards considering the limited number of Staff positions available.

3. Players (mainly whities) using extremely racist/sexual language, and being allowed a ban appeal, while those who advertise are not (the impression I think that gives is that advertising is considered more serious). While I know my opinion is antiquated, I always considered that so many people have bought the game for PC (24.8 million), we only need a few, so why keep the assholes? If I wanted more assholes, I'd have become a proctologist.

I keep coming back because it's one of the very first servers I logged in to, it's still around, and I have very fond memories of my time here. Plus, I like regaling people with stories of yesteryear, and telling them how HC only took me 45 minutes....and that rules about not helping whities? Lol

The ways I would consider improving Zero are listed below, not necessarily because I want them, but because they would increase the number of unique visitors, their length of stay, the chance the would become regular players, and how much busier the server would become.

1. Consider having a few basic FREE unlimited resources, such as dirt, cobble, and netherrack for players to create new maps, then have Admins //replace with the item the players wants to use for their map's finished look, then deactivate Resource Parkour. There is little exploring on Zero due to the easy access to items in RPK. When players aren't interested in maps beyond White/Blue, they have less incentive to actually explore when the materials are waiting for them in RPK. If they are interested in mainly doing maps, they have no need for it at all, so what is the point there?

2. Consider where we want to be in 6 months, 1 year, and 5 years. Seriously. What does a successful Zero look like to you? How many unique new logins per day/per week/per month? How many of those players logging in and staying at least 15 minutes? How many players getting Blue within a month of joining? How many players getting promoted to Blue rank EVERY month? How many players getting Green rank in the next SIX months? How many new greens (within the LAST 6 months) are still really active here?

3. After we figure out what/if we want to change, make the appropriate alterations, then promote the hell out of the server, AFTER the changes.

4. Consider replacing inactive staff by promoting those who are active and worthy. If I was a staff member at work who is not actively participating, would I still be a staff member? While they might deserve the promotion, rewards/perks aren't necessarily meant to be permanent. I think most players would understand the need to pass the abilities to others in the case of non-participation. We all know that there are worthy greens who play here who would be valuable to the server in a staff role who can't fill a vacancy which doesn't exist.

5. Think about bringing in some kind of economy. Do I have suggestions? Yes. There are however many different types of economies. Money might not be the way to go. Trading resources might be. I'm not sure if there is a workable plugin for that.

6. Brainstorm all the special games the server could promote, such as Spleef, PvP Arena, Maps, etc. The more there is to do, the more likely non-Mappers will want to get green in our friendly, grief-free paradise.

I think that's about all I have to say for now on this topic. Please realize that I don't have all the information about the server, and some of these ideas won't be very workable. This is simply my brainstorming session.

Thanks for listening,
Drahmee

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
In my opinion, the only way to bring survival back to minr is to provide some form of incentive for it. It's no secret that I have a major issue with any resource that can be easily farmed being in the resource parkour, as that is one of the attributing factors towards the loss of the survival element. One of the things that c_dric had done to try to keep survival was to remove all the warps from the server and encourage the creation of the nether subway (which I am at fault for the lack of completion of).
I haven't mined even once, and I made a not very good but ok map. With r pk there was zero motivation to go build a base and get mining, which I hadn't thought much about. It would probably be tons more enjoyable to build a base with another green and get mining. However the amount of greens as mod has also seemed to take that away, nearly everyone can use /give or get worldedit from an admin (which I'm guilty of).

Mods using /give for maps always kind of confused me. I mean, sure it's nice, but is it just a thank you for them taking the position?

If the first thing new greens did was think, "alrightytighty i'm green and I need resources. Let me go make a base, find some good friends and have some fun mining, see what the best thing I can make is. I mean, that's what I came for right? Grief free survival and community? Of course :D"

Other than, "Woop! I'm green! Lemme go see what I can scrap together from r pk and make the fanciest stuff from it so I can get into ffa and make the map I wanted! Oh, they don't have ___? Well, SHUCKS lemme just replace it with some other r pk block. Nothing else to choose from? Guess the map will just have to suffer or, or maybe I can get an admin to WE it! Etc etc"

I'm guilty of all this.

Personally think we should get rid of r pk parkour. And i've never understood why anyone can use /give to make maps. Admins or mods, seems like a perk to help them with their job. I mean, why do you think everyone wants mod so badly? Idk

Last edited:

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
It may sound a bit self-righteous, but I literally only wanted mod to help out. Never once used the perk for map building. Even so, maps are a core piece of our server. Promoting someone who makes good maps so that they produce even higher quality works shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing.

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
2. Consider where we want to be in 6 months, 1 year, and 5 years. Seriously. What does a successful Zero look like to you?
I've already seen it, and I wish we could get back to where we were. There were 80+ people on during peak hours in 2013 (I think this was mostly due to the yogscast forum post)

ezzaezza

Active Player
Greenie
Feb 27, 2016
I visit this server often (when I have time) Because the community is amazing. A lot of the time people on other servers will curse, be racist, or they wont talk to you at all. But on Minr. Everyone communicates. The people online help all the time. I find it relaxing knowing that I can log onto minr and be comforted if something has happened that day. The community makes me feel wanted and special (in a way)

The one thing that bugs me about this server, is the constant question that is being asked. Where are the maps? How do I get to the maps?
Although the spawn is amazing. I think we need to do what drah suggested. Add a sign saying *MAPS* just because it really does get annoying.

I come back to Minr because it is like a second home for a lot of us. The people on here recognise me as a friend. They never curse at me or abuse me in any way. The rules are always respected and that is a big plus for me. Knowing that the staff are always there when you need them is very reassuring. And I love the fact that if someone disrespects the server. There is no hesitation in banning-kicking-muting etc.

The way you could make this server better is by adding the *MAPS* sign.

Otherwise I love Minr. It is like a different family. The ages range but their are no creeps online. When there are trolls they get taken care of immediently. Minr is the one thing that I will always remember. There are no other parkour servers like this one. And that is what makes Minr so special to us. The Minr family.

Thankyou to everyone for making me feel like family ;)

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I've already seen it, and I wish we could get back to where we were. There were 80+ people on during peak hours in 2013 (I think this was mostly due to the yogscast forum post)
Ah yes they were good times, kept the mod and admin team busy. It's a shame yogcast closed the forum it was pure luck good picked up my post from there.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Bit late to the party but here are my two cents:

Other than the obvious family-like relationship we have between eachother around here, there's one core reason I love this place to death:
It's my canvas.

A piece of paper, an actual canvas or even a guitar doesn't give me the same feeling that this place does. Partially why I don't really build anymore aside from this server. No matter how many times I've scouted the map there will always be some lovely little space where I can make something. And even though I have like ~20 different builds unfinished, I always come back to each one and I always finish each one, even if it's block-by-block building. I don't know if it's the atmosphere of building while you lovely people are also chatting around, or the many collaborations and talks I've had with almost everyone around here but this place is as close to magical as I've seen.

Whatever direction we decide to go in, as long as it doesn't involve losing this magic, I'll back it.

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014

It has been a few years since I actually played the server. I'll tell you why I chose the server.

Why do you love Minr?
I love Minr for the variety of maps people could play and are creating. I'm pretty sure there are more maps than what I had back in 2013-2014. This was the first server that gave me what I was looking for, a parkour server. It was a couple months of looking, but it was worth it.

Why did you visit this server?
I visited Minr for the mazes, parkour, and puzzles. I think I tried HC a few hundred times. My favorite map in HC was Aquarium even though it was challenging, it gave me a reason to keep going. I also found the community as I kept visiting the server and eventually I found the forums.

What do I hate about the server?
I can honestly say that I hated and loved HC at the same time. I can't find anything to hate about the server.

Why did I keep coming back?
The answer to that is simple. I still want to be a Greenie. It gives me a goal to reach for. If I return in the next year, I want to start as a white since I'll be under a new account name. I'll still have fun reconquering the maps I did. I love the community, the maps, and the staff. I hope I can return in the next couple years. Maybe I'll meet a few new people. ;) I still want to beat Aqueous and a few other maps like HC and I didn't quite figure out some of the mazes. That is why I kept coming back.

How could you improve the server?
I haven't been on since 2014, I would say that bringing back HC4 Ice path would be nice. I got pretty far on that path. It was nice for me who loved puzzles. Even the Elemental path was good. Other than that, I say it is a well-run server.

Keep on going!