• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Woodwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
As we now have Black maps would it be worth allowing Woodwork into the mix providing it is still beatable for 1.14?

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
I would say no, Woodwork is simply a gauntlet of near impossible jumps stacked back to back, there's nothing creative about that map. It's not just the difficulty, it's the lack of variety and creativity in the map.

Squidyerser

Backwards Momentum
Greenie
Nov 30, 2018
Personally I don't feel that woodwork's jumps are unreasonably hard, but I feel that the aesthetics is not that great, and also, the trapdoor jump at the end is impossible in 1.14

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
This is something I've thought about a few times, and I think it might be worth discussing. I think Woodwork's gameplay is fine, being somewhat akin to that of E, with nearly every jump being menacingly hard. With E, however, the aesthetics are quite solid and the setting/palette completely change many times as the player progresses, providing excellent variety. 1010, another comparable map, is the same way. Woodwork's aesthetics, on the other hand, are made up entirely of simple and repetitive terracotta/wood patterns. The overall size of the map is minuscule—probably the smallest map on the server in volume—so these aesthetics aren't acceptable for FFA, especially with how difficult it is. I'd be willing to accept it TENNK came back one day and made the map look much better. This is all just my opinion of course, and others on the board may feel differently.

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
I would have to look at it again, but last time I checked, the Aesthetics weren’t too bad

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
I don't think black maps have expanded to the point that Woodwork has become FFA-worthy. E is unique: each level has a design, a theme.

Woodwork on the other hand is just a slog of overly-hard jumps without distinction.

(this is both aesthetics and gameplay imo)

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Woodwork is only really suited to players looking for that challenge. We don't have very many black maps and occasionally we get some very good parkour enthusiasts that enjoy a map like this. It might not be for all but the same can be said for mazes. I would prefer of we had a broader options for all skill sets, I would not personally play woodwork however I'm sure there are many players that would like to.

Reactions: Big

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Woodwork is only really suited to players looking for that challenge. We don't have very many black maps and occasionally we get some very good parkour enthusiasts that enjoy a map like this. It might not be for all but the same can be said for mazes. I would prefer of we had a broader options for all skill sets, I would not personally play woodwork however I'm sure there are many players that would like to.
The objection isn't that Woodwork contains hard jumps and appeals to a niche, but rather that it isn't a very high quality map and not fit for FFA. From the dispute evidenced in this thread, it would be best for TENKK to resubmit it to the Board.

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
Woodwork has always been available for greens who want the challenge to play at /warp r. I myself have completed it, as have many others. Granted this is not open to whites and blues, but the map is more of an optional, infamous bonus challenge after hardcore rather than a fleshed out map. "We don't have many black maps" isn't a reason why it should be in FFA, in fact the fewer black maps the better. The absolute peak of difficulty shouldn't be a huge category. Maps like this are fine, but do not meet FFA standards as has been pointed out.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Woodwork has always been available for greens who want the challenge to play at /warp r. I myself have completed it, as have many others. Granted this is not open to whites and blues, but the map is more of an optional, infamous bonus challenge after hardcore rather than a fleshed out map. "We don't have many black maps" isn't a reason why it should be in FFA, in fact the fewer black maps the better. The absolute peak of difficulty shouldn't be a huge category. Maps like this are fine, but do not meet FFA standards as has been pointed out.
What standards does it not meet?

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
What standards does it not meet?
Very limited aesthetics, it looks fine enough but a straight box hallway made of wood and terracotta does not reflect FFA standards. As has been pointed out in this thread, the map is a series of extremely difficult jumps in a row. These jumps are near-impossible and unlike E (a similar sort of map) you are staring at the exact same bland aesthetics while doing it. The map is simply a slog to get through. As you said previously, this map would be for "parkour enthusiasts". Well great, then they can beat the map at Warp R. FFA is Free for All though, not free for a small minority of people who actually want to play this. That defeats the whole purpose of FFA. Parkour maps should be more than the sum of their parts and in 2019 parkour maps are not just a series of jumps in a row. That's what Woodwork is. If you can't see why a straight hallway of near impossible jumps stacked back to back with passable aesthetics isn't FFA worthy I don't really know what to say.

I'll quote Anonymous here from the original submission thread:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.