• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Add More Challenges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
Challenges are an excellent idea. I love the thought of having to complete maps with modifiers to add an element of difficulty that isn't typically there. However, most of the challenges are made up of old maps. We haven't had any challenged added for quite a while, and I believe it's time to change that. Here, I have collected my favorite challenge suggestions from past posts, as well as come up with my own. It'd be awesome if some of these were implemented!

Nether Tour

Blazeville
Incendium

Modifiers: 2 Lives
(Credit to _Fire_)

Halloween Horror

Spooky Minr

Modifiers: 1 Life
(Credit to _Fire_)

Mazerunner

Every Maze in one challenge

Modifiers: None
(Credit to AverageIPA)

Hardcore Veterans

Mineco
Old Level 2

Sky Parkour
Paradox
Evulsion
Skytop Labyrinth
Lava Parkour
Chillers Door Maze

Soar's Doormaze
Funkytown
Breaking Free
Elusion
Hell Parkour
Chaos
Sssnake
CUBE-ERT
Tower Parkour
Satyrs
Lava Maze
Mob Parkour

Snowstorm
Viemort
Sanitarium
Wolly Mammoth
Vil Bo
Zarklin Ruins
4 Corners Dojo
The Big Egyptian
Pixel Parkour

Aquarium
Sra

Modifiers: None

The Great Escape

Breaking Free 2

Modifiers: No Checkpoints

Immense Irony

Shiny Red Apples

Modifiers: No Food

Mineco Madness

Mineco
Valentine
Apoco

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
I've seen some of these posts, and definitely want to implement some of them sooner or later.
I'll use this reply not only as a reply to these challenges, but also to the other.

Some challenges look fine to me. Others, like mazerunner in this post, are hard to keep updated since we keep getting new mazes - they'd need to become auto-updated challenges like hexa (and we'll probably need to include things like rivers run red and the other colour variants here)...

I'm also questioning the 'usefulness' of simple 'pack' challenges: essentially just a series of maps that are of a similar theme - how worthwhile is playing a challenge of this type - especially if you've already beaten the maps before, it's simply beating the maps in a different context (and at the moment, in one 'sitting').

Finally, I felt that single map challenges feel a little weird, but I retract that opinion, as playing a map with a specific modifier can be an interesting endeavor. However, which maps to choose and which modifiers to apply feels a bit arbitrary to me. (E.g., Immense Irony in this case: does removing food in this challenge really add something interesting to the playstyle of the map? -- otherwise, the irony could've also been there for other food-related maps.)

I'm not trying to bash or reject the ideas altogether, I'm just trying to share my view on some of the ideas that have been posed. I understand that there are quite a few things wrong with challenges right now, and I'm not fully happy with the state they are in either, so I hope to either repurpose this thread or inspire a discussion on where to take challenges next.

Fire previously raised his concerns as well in this thread https://forums.minr.org/threads/challenge-issues-updates-and-new-ideas-needs-updated.3845/#post-34854 of which the original post also beautifully displays the first issue I raised. I think most of these are valid, and keeping the challenges updated manually is just very difficult, especially with the number of maps coming out these days.

In conclusion, thanks for the ideas, and I/we will definitely look over all suggestions that were put out in this subforum, even if it may take a while before they are effectively implemented. If you'd like help steer challenges into a better direction, please start a discussion / continue this thread. I have a few plugin-side ideas that may help counteract challenges breaking (e.g., ensuring that a challenge's map is properly replaced / it's point value updated whenever a map moves out/in, auto-updating challenges, etc), but some extra ideas may help here. I will also accept any suggestions for new modifiers, as I feel we're reaching the limit of the novelty and interest of the modifiers that are currently here.

Reactions: Big

Schylah

The Sassy Dragon
Greenie
Jan 5, 2018
For the Hard Core veteran's challenge Big, were you thinking of all the HC maps in the past or were you including the current rotation?

If you're goin with the past rotations, the following maps should be included in your list.

Invictus, Bugs, Corrupt, The Return, Blitz, Fire & Ice Maze, The Face, Mean Greenie, Snow Fort, MineCorp, Demon, Biome Parkour, The Wheel, 154, MYTH, The Varied 11, Metal Harbor, and MineTech.
(Sourced from Minr Wiki and list of past HC maps still in FFA.)

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
For the Hard Core veteran's challenge Big, were you thinking of all the HC maps in the past or were you including the current rotation?

If you're goin with the past rotations, the following maps should be included in your list.

Invictus, Bugs, Corrupt, The Return, Blitz, Fire & Ice Maze, The Face, Mean Greenie, Snow Fort, MineCorp, Demon, Biome Parkour, The Wheel, 154, MYTH, The Varied 11, Metal Harbor, and MineTech.
(Sourced from Minr Wiki and list of past HC maps still in FFA.)
I was going for all maps which have had 2 appearances in hardcore. Mineco and lv1 and 2 are exceptions, but I thought they still fit.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Is it still not feasible to create a time limit condition for challenges? That would open up a whole new door for some interesting combinations.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
It is not infeasible, no, what I am semi-worried about is how to implement this properly.
E.g., we want proper feedback: how much time is remaining (reminder every X time? always-visible timer? where do we put it?).

I also like the concept of maps giving 'bonus time', for example, your starting time is X minutes, and it increases by beating X map(s).

Moist_Towelette_

Overly Saturated Small Rag
Greenie
Dec 2, 2019
Red Light, Green Light

Supersonic

Super Minr Kart*

Trek

Modifiers:

Lives - 3

*(or Traffic since Minr Kart has an interesting way it runs)

this is just a cute idea I had, hope yall like it <3

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
How about a limited life challenge for easier maps like:

One Second Chance

Inferno
Infiltration
Bugs
River Run

Modifiers: 2 lives

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
Challenge Name: Tasty Planet
Map List:
Piece of Cake (White)
Candyland (Orange)
Cake Quake (Orange)

The Great Cake (Red)
Modifier: 12 lives
This challenge pack consists of all (edible maps) the life modifier will make this twice as intense
1+12+12+18 = 46 + 46 x .25 -> roughly 57
I'd Suggest this challenge to be
60 Challenge points

Last edited:

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
I was going to make a thread about hexa, but I think it's relevant enough to this thread.

I was talking with some other greens and staff recently, and there seems to be popular support for updating hexa, considering that so many new maps have been added and the difficulty standard has gone so far up. It's an entirely different challenge now compared to 3 years ago, but the player has the same amount of lives to complete it with.

One idea that was suggested was to scrap the 66 life count and instead give the player more lives for completing a certain number of maps. This could change depending on difficulty, so harder maps reward the player more than easier ones. This way hexa would automatically adapt whenever new maps are added without as much worry of it becoming outdated. Would this be possible?

You could also get more lives for maps with mandatory deaths.

rebplane

Boring Turtle
Op
Jan 5, 2014
I'll just say it on this thread, though I know there are currently 3(+?) active threads for challenges. I'm in the process of cleaning up the outdated challenges and making the challenge hub easier to venture through before I add these new challenges, but I expect to add them by the end of this week (you can keep suggesting though!)

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Some suggestions:

Handicapped

Mariana
Kraze Vil
Mob Parkour
Retrograde
Heartless

(You could add more maps with limitations that I'm missing)

Last edited:

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
More Challenge Ideas/Proposals

Challenge Name: (This is it) or (Welcome to the end)
Map List: Rapture
Proposed point value = Regular pt Value (25) x Difficult Modifier (4) = 100 Challenge Points

For anyone who has beaten Rapture knows how difficult of a task this is.

Courtesy of _Trains_
Some other possible names for this bag of suffering are as follows:
"Purgatory"
"Baptised"
"Chistened"
"Ascension"
"Forgotten"
"Ressurection"
"Revelation"
"A New World"

Whoever Publishes this challenge (If) they publish it may decide on one of these names.

Last edited:

rebplane

Boring Turtle
Op
Jan 5, 2014
More Challenge Ideas/Proposals

Challenge Name: (This is it) or (Welcome to the end)
Map List: Rapture
Proposed point value = Regular pt Value (25) x Difficult Modifier (4) = 100 Challenge Points

For anyone who has beaten Rapture knows how difficult of a task this is.

Courtesy of _Trains_
Some other possible names for this bag of suffering are as follows:
"Purgatory"
"Baptised"
"Chistened"
"Ascension"
"Forgotten"
"Ressurection"
"Revelation"
"A New World"

Whoever Publishes this challenge (If) they publish it may decide on one of these names.
Challenge added. Challenge point values are kinda not really well defined right now, I may look into it later, but I gave it 200 C-Points due to it's difficulty compared to other challenges and their point values. Will probably change stuff around in the future regarding C-Point values.

Status
Not open for further replies.