• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Book reccomendations

magicdem0n11

Peon
Greenie
Dec 18, 2013
so, as I've been roadtripping through parts of America (frikking love it btw) I've actually been... Reading, yes. Reading!?!
On holiday I have tendency to get through those books that everyone's like YOU MUST READ OOOO, and I kinda finished it too quickly. Basically can you guys reccomend some books for me or anyone else!
I've read the classic mainstream ones - divergent, hunger games. Maze runner, (furnace)
And they all kinda have similar genres in them (action, lil mystery, and maze runner had a bit of horror with the flare thing)
So yeah, anything would be helpful! Thanks!

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
His Dark Materials is by far my favorite fantasy series. There is a film made based off the first book called The Golden Compass but it is awful compared to the actual book.

Books in the trilogy:
-The Golden Compass/Northern Lights
-The Subtle Knife
-The Amber Spyglass

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
I've recently finished The Martian

Do you know the movie Apollo 13? Did you like it?

Then this book is for you.

Else wait until October when the movie adaption releases which will probably be better lmao (the book was good as well, but Ridley Scott tho).

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Do the "mainstream" ones you read include Harry Potter and Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus? Those are obvious must-reads. I'd also recommend the Inheritance Cycle (the books are Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance, since the series name isn't on the covers). It's one of my personal favorites.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Do the "mainstream" ones you read include Harry Potter and Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus? Those are obvious must-reads. I'd also recommend the Inheritance Cycle (the books are Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance, since the series name isn't on the covers). It's one of my personal favorites.
The reviews of the Inheritance Cycle from this cycle I like better than the books :)

http://swankivy.com/writing/essays/info/inheritance/eragon.html

(Note: The author pretty much hates the books, but describs it in a funny way)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Jules Verne was definitely an author whose mind was ahead of his time.

Personally, I'm a HUGE Michael Crichton fan. I find his stories a lot easier to get into because he actually does deep research into the topics of focus in the book (and provides a list of his sources, and has some fun with it by hiding fake sources in the list as well). If you ever have seen the show ER, he was the creator of it. He also wrote the Jurassic Park books the first two movies were based on.

If you want something more focused on solving a mystery, I personally have always loved the Cat Who books.

Cenpyla

New Fish
Dec 18, 2015
I have a few series' to suggest and I highly suggest everyone on planet Earth to read them.

The Graceling Realm by Kristin Cashore (my favorite series)
The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima
The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder

They're all very fantasy-y. The Graceling Realm and The Study Series are both based in completely different universes, and even though The Heir Chronicles is based in modern-day Earth, it still involves magical guilds, wizards, sorcerers, enchanters, magic stones, legendary stones, etc etc etc.

If you despise reality as much as I do, I highly suggest reading these. owo

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
The Thing They Carried:
Somewhat short book which is really just a collection of short stories with common characters. Its about the author Tim O'Brien's experience in the war, but it is fiction. Do remember that if you read it.

Jack Reacher:
This is a series. Every book reads normal without having ever read the previous ones but there are a few times where he might mention an older book. Pretty violent. Has some sexual themes in some but its not a major part of the story. Is about a veteren solving crimes throughout America.

Bartimaus Trilogy:
About a young magician doing... Things. I only read the first book but I told myself I'd go back and read the other two.

The Shadowhunter Trilogy (has 6 books):
About how demons and angels and that sorta stuff live and are killed in this world. Very magic based. Its pretty heavy in romance on the later parts but I'd say its more like lust than actual romance.

Spontida10

Peon
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
Might consider reading Jack Reacher ;)

Sadly, I haven't read many books this y are aside from the ones above but I do recommend The Shining Girls.

rebplane

Boring Turtle
Op
Jan 5, 2014
Btw, Divergent was epic, wasn't it?

You probably read these already I'm guessing: Divergent, The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey:
The first wave brought lights out.
The second wave brought a tsunami.
The third wave brought sickness.
The fourth wave, they were among them.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
A boy who lives in the graveyard and is in danger from the man who killed his family

I Am Number Four (series) by Pittacus Lore (then The Power of Six, The Rise of Nine, etc.):
They caught number 1 in Malaysia.
They caught number 2 in England.
They killed number 3.
I am number 4.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, etc.):
Shadowhunters

Last edited:

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
I am gonna throw my own favorite out on the table,

Sorcerer's Academy by Josepha Sherman

It's a pretty big series, I haven't read em all yet. There are about 15 books in the series.

coolgolfer

Professional Lurker
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchet
Insignia - S. J. Kincaid

Both great books

Jkjkelly1

The 28th Doctor.
Op
Oct 27, 2013
Most American high schools make students read this "as it's written by an American author, I can't speak for Europe though", but I really enjoyed The Great Gatsby. I think it's a great book, and I've read it multiple times.

Rhiii

New Fish
Whitey
Nov 5, 2013
Not sure if you've read this series but it is a very good read, even though I suppose it's classed as junior fiction.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (movie's good, too!)

These next ones are awesome too:
Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
Magnus Chase series by Rick Riordan
Carter Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

Happy reading :)