• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Challenge Suggestion: The Mentalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
Hello all, This AverageIPA

I discussed this challenge idea In a previous thread, however it was very vague and I didn't specify what maps should be in the map pack so here is where ill discuss what I think this challenge could be and what would be in it.

The Mentalist: Puzzle Pack Challenge
This challenge is essentially a pack that is comprised of all the puzzle maps on the server (In the puzzle section at spawn), it doesn't function quite as PoH does however it provides a doable challenge for those who maybe arent so apt at parkour. The maps that I propose are in the challenge are:

Isle of Redstone (White) = 1
Obfusco (White) = 1
The Eye (White) = 1

Sea of Redstone (Blue) = 2
Blackbox (Blue) = 2
Carpe Diem (Blue) = 2
Orvilles Bucket (Blue) = 2
Tulip Tulip Tulip (Blue) = 2
Tulip Among Grass (Blue) = 2
Tulip Among Tulip (Blue) = 2

Amalgam (Green) = 4
Divergence (Green) = 4
Paradox (Green) = 4
Festival (Green)= 4
Minr Golf (Green) = 4
Departure (Green) = 4

Detention (Yellow) = 7
Meanie Greenie (Yellow) = 7
Nightmare Button (Yellow) = 7
Trapapalooza (Yellow) = 7
City Commute (Yellow) = 7
Frozenishing (Yellow) = 7
The Prestige (Yellow) = 7
The Return (Yellow) = 7
Troll Kingdom (Yellow) = 7
Pocketz Stadium (Yellow) = 7
Heist (Yellow) = 7
Birds of Paradise (Yellow) = 7

Button Button (Orange) = 12
Torsion (Orange) = 12
Viae (Orange) = 12
Viemort (Orange) = 12
Minecorp (Orange) = 12

Perspective (Red) = 18
Vares Sert (Red) = 18

This is all of the maps that I would include in this challenge pack, to add a little extra challenge to the pack, Id say make the life count 20.
With departure and heist that means that you only have 3 extra lives to make it through the challenge. (If this is too little we can discuss upping)

So the way ill determine the point value of this challenge is by taking

Real Point Value x 1.5 + (Life Count x 2) Rounded to an even number.

Real Point Value = 221
Life count = 20

Real Point Value (221 x 1.5) + Life Count (20 x 2) = 371.5
ROUNDED Point Value =
375 POINTS

I think that this could be a good challenge.
I think as an extra incentive to do this challenge it could come with the
RARE tag: Special Ops
I Encourage all greens to let me know if they think that this could be a good challenge, also if you see any issues with this challenge or think its a weak idea please feel free to let me know in the comments.

Thank you all.

Until Next time -
AverageIPA

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
I'm not really a fan of these kinds of challenges simply because puzzles are kind of redundant to have in challenges. Some of these have a little bit of replay value and maintain some of their challenge on subsequent playthroughs (such as Vares or any with parkour in them), but once you have done a puzzle map and have the answers for it written down, going through it again is a breeze, unlike parkour and somewhat unlike mazes. Outside of the easy, intermediate, and hard puzzle packs, I think having all-puzzle challenges isn't the best idea because they're way too easy to go back through on repeat playthroughs, making their challenge point value imbalanced when scaled the same way as maps of other types. There's a reason almost all challenges are primarily parkour or maze, and that's because they're usually still challenging even if you've played through them already (unless you have the maze mapped of course, but that takes far more effort than simply writing down puzzle answers). One thing that would make this interesting is a time limit feature, but that's sadly impossible as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.