• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Cipher Chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Here's a game I thought of a few days ago. It shouldn't get too spammy, and there's certainly a puzzle element where a lot may need to be done by hand or computer to continue. So I hope this gives a bit of better material to our games section here.

The first player to post each round has to come up with a simple rule for the next posters to follow. They must state it very clearly in English. Each following post in the round must follow the rules in order when making the post, and must offer the next rule (including rule number) to follow. If someone screws up, anyone else can call them out, and if it's true that they messed up, that player loses the round and a new one is started. Otherwise, the goal is to get to ten rules, where the last rule forces the very last player (who doesn't get to make a rule) to type something simple without any encoding, like "We did it!". If rules are followed out of order, then it is a mistake (unless two rules can be switched and still make the same code, which is possible early on). If the correct message is typed at the end by the 11th person, the round is a victory and everyone involved in it wins!

This all might be confusing, so I'm going to show an example loss and an example win, but with a limit of three rules instead of ten:

Player1: "Rule 1: Alternate capital and lowercase of all letters you type, starting with a capital."
Player2: "RuLe 2: FoR eAcH cHaRaCtEr YoU tYpE, tYpE iT tWiCe."
Player3: "RrUuLlEe 33:: TtYyPpEe ""HhEeLlLlOo!!"" WwIiTtHhOoUuTt EeNnCcOoDdIiNnGg IiTt.."
Player2: "Player3 messed up. He should have doubled each character AFTER alternating the caps, so it starts with "RRuuLLee" instead and should follow that pattern."

Here, Player3 loses the round. Since Players 2 and 3 posted too recently, neither could post a starting rule for the next round. Player1 went ahead and did so again.

Player1: "Rule 1: Type in all caps."
Player2: "RULE 2: REVERSE THE TEXT."
Player3: ".TI GNIDOCNE TUOHTIW 'N' LATIPAC A YLNO HTIW 'BOJ ECIN' EPYT :3 ELUR"
Player1: "Nice job"
Players 1-3 win the round.

Avoid rules that add a lot of length to the next posts. Asking to double each character was an example that makes the following message twice as long, so try not to do anything past double length. Also, keep the rules relatively simple, at least early on in each round. Maybe at the end there can be a tougher rule thrown in, but it's up to you to be clear with your rules. Make sure your rules can be followed up; saying "make your next post a picture" is a creative idea for rule 9, where nothing besides the last rule post follows it, but putting it as rule 3 makes no sense. Once it's a picture, you can't edit the text, and this isn't supposed to be about image manipulation. In short, please keep everything as simple as you can.

If you post a rule, wait for at least two other rules to be posted before rejoining the game. This lets others have turns without it being a back-and-forth exclusive round between two smarter players. You can, however, call out a mistake at any time. Don't be too picky about spelling and grammar mistakes though, focus more on whether the rules were followed or not.

I don't expect this game to be active for too long, but it's a little something I want to see happen. If I see a really interesting method of encoding here, I might use it for something...

I will begin the game now.

Rule 1: End each word with an exclamation point.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
This! is! quite! a! good! idea!

Rule! 2!: Replace! All! Vowels! With! Zeros!

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Thanks! But holdup...
The idea is that we'd be able to figure out what people are saying after decoding them. Replacing all vowels with zeroes is going to be extremely difficult, each poster would have to choose their words very carefully, 4t l34st th1s 1s m0r3 5nd3rst4nd4bl3, rant rant rant...
...but yolo, right? I'll let it go for this round, but in the future, try not to throw something like this in so early.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Thanks! But holdup...
The idea is that we'd be able to figure out what people are saying after decoding them. Replacing all vowels with zeroes is going to be extremely difficult, each poster would have to choose their words very carefully, 4t l34st th1s 1s m0r3 5nd3rst4nd4bl3, rant rant rant...
...but yolo, right? I'll let it go for this round, but in the future, try not to throw something like this in so early.
My bad. After posting it I did realize it was a bit overkill. Sorry about that.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Well, I would have assumed AEIOU were the vowels he was talking about. Let's not be too picky; if they follow the rules but deviate just a little bit due to a lack of specification by the rule poster, then we can let them be. If he missed a few As, however, we can easily call him out. I personally thing the "sometimes Y" is a vowel is bullshit, because so is W. We can all agree that AEIOU are the true American way when it comes to vowels, and America is always right #freedom

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Well, since it wasn't specified, I guess it doesn't really matter.
r0l0! 5!: r0pl0c0! 0ll! v0w0ls! w0th! th00r! 0lph0b0t0c0l! n0mb0rs!0

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Oop, looks like Creeper lost. After the second rule, there would be no vowels, just zeros. You can't convert zeros to other numbers under these rules, so he goofed.
I'm at work; someone else can start this time.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Oop, looks like Creeper lost. After the second rule, there would be no vowels, just zeros. You can't convert zeros to other numbers under these rules, so he goofed.
I'm at work; someone else can start this time.
i failed xD. Can I no longer participate in this thread?

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Rule 2: make letters upside-down with other letters (in example, replace "n" with "u", and vice versa), but don't forget your rhym in time.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
i failed xD. Can I no longer participate in this thread?
Of course you can still participate, yeroc wouldn't permanently eliminate people from the thread.
And creeper did lose, but not in the way yeroc thought. He was following my new rule which contradicted zath's' old one (I was trying to differentiate between vowels, but it seems like I only made it more confusing), but he followed the rule that he was currently posting, which you aren't supposed to do in this game.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Not quite electro. Keep in mind that your applies at the end of the current chain. By then, there would be no vowels, just zeros. In all honesty I thought you were setting up a trap. So realize that it's hard to override or undo someone else's rule, and that shouldn't be what you try to do in the first place.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
But not ONLY in the way yeroc thought.

It seems like you have to convert your message through rule 1, then through rule 2, then through rule 3.

At the time of rule 5, there would be no vowels left in your sentence, and thus nothing should've been replaced with other numbers than 0 -> that's already a fault, so no need to look further.

Sniped... Meh

On game:

Rvle 3: cyauge fye 'f' iufo a 'b', oulh tyeu hon syall fiup fye keh.

(I might have gone a little overboard with this rotating...)

Uhh, can we also ask for a more detailed explanation? I mean, rotating n->u does a double flip, like 'h->y' (imagination). But then some others only do a one-flip.. Ehh.. Ill leave it at this.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
Rhymes, huh?
I have one thing to say. I am the - oh wait nvm
Rule 4: Yon may thiuk I'm goiug to mess yon nd - po uot pear! Jnst sdell iupivipnal worps backwarp prom here.
(translating into only the obvious rotations to prevent confusion)

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
Dang, I get the hardest post!

Elnr 5: Noy tsnm eitrm ui sroloc sa umohs moled

Ereh si ua elbwaxe

(To prevent mix ups You may use any color combo of the rainbow and the previous rules still apply)

My iPad prevents some letter substitutions Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.