• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Count as high as possible before a Moderator/Admin posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
This game is stupid and should be closed. As Distinct already mentioned, yeroc's closed a game like this before. So not only is this an old, already created thread, but it's also been shut down before. Before you make a game, it might be good to check if it already exists.

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
This is kinda stupid, these games are meant for 1:many forums (Blizzard, Runescape, MMOs, forums with 1k+ users, etc).

Surprised no-one has locked this yet...
Edit: Forgot and I were thinking the same thing

-19 -24 (Forgot was technically FTB staff)

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
This game is stupid and should be closed. As Distinct already mentioned, yeroc's closed a game like this before. So not only is this an old, already created thread, but it's also been shut down before. Before you make a game, it might be good to check if it already exists.
That was cory, not yeroc. Plus, does it really matter if this thread stays open? If a staff member wants to close it, then let them close it, but you don't need to complain about the thread.

Aj, you cheater. Forgot wasn't even participating in the game.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Actually, it does. The state of the forums really upsets me.

Every time I log on, the front-page and my alerts are covered in posts that are next to worthless. A lot of games on the forums used to be really good. People took their time, thought of something clever, and then posted it. Some of the things mentioned could get community members to smile (or even occasionally laugh).

Now? I see the same small group of people diluting the forums with stupid posts. Now, you're probably thinking: 'well gee forgot, why not just turn off your alerts?'. And in a way, you're right. I could do that. But I can't turn off the front-page notifications, and I can't turn off your worthless posts. So then you ask: 'well, if the posts are so worthless, why bother coming on the forums at all?'. The answer to that is that there are occasionally still some good posts, and I'd rather not wade through pages of filth to find them. I could leave, but the forums are really the only way I communicate with most of the people here, and there are enough of them I like that I'd wish to continue doing so.

But now we hit the reason why this is a real problem. The nature of the problem is a cyclical one- it powers itself. The only people who are going to want to read page after page of garbage are the same people who seem to get a kick out of that, and will gladly do the same- post trash. The people who actually commit to the quality of the posts have likely been less inclined to post because they don't want to keep up with the games in the state they are. A lot of the minr community consists of adults and teenagers who are busy people, and don't want to spend their time on a pointless forum. Continuing, how do you think our forum looks from the outside lately? Someone comes to check it put, all they'll see is our stupidity. I've talked to people about this before, and got feedback, so I'm not just pulling this out of the air.

So yes, it does matter.

Also, @ElectroUnderwear
Post count should never matter, and just you mentioning it first shows how much of a problem these 'internet points' have become. The fact is that post count hasn't been turned off for these games. We shouldn't even have to turn it off if the community we're trying to create is one filled with mature, competent individuals. Having to talk about doing so is, again, further proof how far the forums have fallen.

Last edited:

Jkjkelly1

The 28th Doctor.
Op
Oct 27, 2013
Seeing the amount of lash back to this, i'm going to close it. If another mod/admin really wants to talk about it, we can bring it to a private forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.