• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

custom computer build costs

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Ever since I was going for my bachelor's, I have dreamed of building the ultimate coming rig, which lead me to the site http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/

When I graduated and was thinking about the good paying job I was told I would be able to get (I graduated during the height of the economic downturn...so much for the school's promises, lol) this was the dream build: https://web.archive.org/web/20101225024750/http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/high-end-gaming-computer.html

$3640...quite a chunk of change, but with the promise of a machine that could keep up with the upcoming improvements of the next 5 years.

Fast forward to today: http://www.build-gaming-computers.com/high-end-gaming-computer.html

The top build on the page, which makes the same promises as the one of 2010, "only" $1364. Want the ultimate build that promises to last even longer? $2217

I'm always shocked at mow much less expensive the "best of the best" tech of today is than that of yesterday....

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
You forgot the fact that the first build includes speakers and monitor etc, wothout that they claim to cost 2500$.
(With a 200$ costing blu-ray burner, doubt if you need that)
They also included a SSD in the 2010 build. Which are a little costly, but they are pretty nice. I own a Samsung SSD myself. No sound and quick responses.

I like how that graphics card radeon HD 5970 was worth 680$.

I bought the HD 7890 for (around) €230.

Tbh I don't see the use for a 73$ optical drive(extreme build). I just bought one for €10.

Other than that, if you want to build a pc, I suggest taking your build to a few computer forums. They're a good help with balancing out costs vs power ;)

If you really want an everlasting PC, make it yourself, so you know how to switch out components. As you have stated clearly above: tech is going fast. Quality increased for less money, if you want the ultimate cheap computer, go to the future, buy one for 10$, get back in this age, sell it for 1 billion.. :p

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Lol, yes, I did miss the fact that the non hardware components have been separated. However, even taking that cost into account, there is a significant drop in the cost of building a good rig.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Managed to build mine for under £2000, Sadly its sitting in the UK gathering dust at the moment.
DSC02589.jpg DSC02590.jpg DSC02592.jpg DSC02591.jpg

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Does your radiator ever give you fits? I put a liquid cooling system on my desktop when I put it together and had to jerry rig an old pc fan to be usb powered to force better airflow.

My hardware (aka the reason why I always use a laptop when possible):
ASUS P5GC MX/1333 mainboard
Intel pentium d 3ghz
Nvidia geforce gt 240
8 gig ddr 2 ram

Last edited:

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Does your radiator ever give you fits? I put a liquid cooling system on my desktop when I put it together and had to jerry rig an old pc fan to be usb powered to force better airflow.

My hardware (aka the reason why I always use a laptop when possible):
ASUS P5GC MX/1333 mainboard
Intel pentium d 3ghz
Nvidia geforce gt 240
8 gig ddr 2 ram
My watercooling system came with the case so it came with the necessary fans to keep it cool, i'd highly recommend a thermaltake case, I have owned 2 now both are very high quality.
If you ask me water-cooling is a novelty, not a necessity, you can reach better cooling temperatures with decent fans and airflow and the general upkeep is pain when having to drain and refill the water.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Another thing you can do is fill a small fish tank with mineral oil that pumps through a home-made radiator. Mineral oil has a great heat capacitance and won't fry your components, lol

No matter what i go with, heat will be the main issue where I am. Summers are terrible and the home builders used an a/c unit that was meant for a house half the size.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Another thing you can do is fill a small fish tank with mineral oil that pumps through a home-made radiator. Mineral oil has a great heat capacitance and won't fry your components, lol

No matter what i go with, heat will be the main issue where I am. Summers are terrible and the home builders used an a/c unit that was meant for a house half the size.
The fluid i used was non-conductive, i've had a leak before and it saved the components.