• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Hexa Revamp

maxoubar

Master of the Elements
Greenie
Sep 27, 2019
I'm really glad that you considered an update to hexa, for me this new idea is great! I believe it makes it feasible now though still being legendary and will attract more players to try it, including me.
Also the fact that black mazes for instance would give you 2.5 lives isn't a problem to me, as it would give you 2 precious live you can have for an upcoming deadly map. So non deadly maps would be a nice way to take a break and get a bit more lives for the upcoming dangers

LanIsGone

IGN: Reppern
Greenie
Mar 1, 2019
Hey all,

This is a pretty late idea, but I just wanted to have my take on the whole Hexa issue. Me and several other good players have agreed that Hexa, even with 168 lives, would still not be possible. Since 2017 (or 2018, not sure which year Reb beat hexa), Nightmare, Happy Thoughts, Heartless, Magmatic Fusion, Chaoskampf, and Crayons have all been released, which are all very high kill-potential maps. You compare this to Reb's Hexa, which the highest kill-potential maps were Agni, World Dominaton and Redstone Ready, which are easier compared to the maps listed above (not that they weren't hard at the time, that they're more trivial now). Yes, the skill level has increased, but it would also be ludicrous to expect players to have the listed maps above known and practiced by heart; the kill potential in maps overall has increased by five-fold over the past two years.

391 maps (and counting) is starting to become nearly double the amount that Reb needed to complete, and the majority of long maps we have today came from past the completion (7dod, bf2, Minr Zoo). For scale, I spent practically one of my entire Saturdays on the 2019 Assortment, which consisted of only an eighth of our maps, and out of those maps there were only 3 black and 6 red maps. This means that this challenge could take 2 weeks minimum for a skilled and active player, and much, much longer for those who are not as much. This challenge can take months now, especially considering maps such as Halcyon, Ice Age and Rapture would need to be completed with no lives lost (if necessary). Because of how much muscle memory would be required for this (Going over 391 maps just to do this challenge for any trolls or insufficient notes is unrealistic), I believe the scaling system should be buffed. Here's what it would be:

Scaling Explanation: 10% of FFA points received by each difficulty equated to lives given.

White Maps = 0.1 Lives. 10 White Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 2.8 lives)
Blue Maps = 0.2 Lives. 5 Blue Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 9.2 lives)
Green Maps = 0.4 Lives. ~2-3 Green Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 34.4 lives)
Yellow Maps = 0.7 Lives. ~2 Yellow Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 79.1 lives)
Orange Maps = 1.2 Lives. 1 Orange Map = 1 life. (Total as of today: 82.8 lives)
Red Maps = 1.8 Lives. 1 Red Map = 1-2 lives. (Total as of today: 63 lives)
Black Maps = 2.5 Lives. 2 Black maps = 5 lives. (Total as of today: 35 lives)
TOTAL: 306.3 Lives

As Departure is very early on, I believe players would need to start with about 5 lives, so that they don't practically have 2 lives left after Departure. This would make the grand total 311 lives.

I personally did not like the idea of exceptions (inconsistent), so I decided that there wouldn't need to be a bonus 50 lives for Heartless.

I know this may seem that it would make the challenge possible for significantly more people, but it really would not. This would only be 11 lives more than what was given by The Badlands, which accounted for only 10 of the black maps (Not even including Happy Thoughts, which has significantly high kill-potential). I believe having 311 lives would make the challenge possible, because expecting even the most committed and skilled of players on this server to beat 60+ hours worth of maps in under 168 lives is not feasible. Those who have tried Hexa to a far extent know well that it would not be possible with such a small amount of lives.

For comparison, I died by forced death (not /killing) about ~140 times in Badlands. This was when I was at my peak performance as well, not after doing 375+ maps. Even with 311 lives, I still believe this challenge would be a massive feat (it would be 292 lives if you got rid of forced deaths, even less lives than Badlands gives you!)

This system won't make the challenge easily beatable, because human error and poor notation are guaranteed from attempters of this challenge. I believe having someone commit over 60 hours minimum playing a challenge just to fail it will make many challengers either practice for hours or not try it, so this challenge still will not be beatable by 99% of our player community.

Please take this idea into consideration, thank you for reading.

Last edited:

rebplane

Boring Turtle
Op
Jan 5, 2014
Hey all,

This is a pretty late idea, but I just wanted to have my take on the whole Hexa issue. Me and several other good players have agreed that Hexa, even with 168 lives, would still not be possible. Since 2017 (or 2018, not sure which year Reb beat hexa), Nightmare, Happy Thoughts, Heartless, Magmatic Fusion, Chaoskampf, World Domination, and Crayons have all been released, which are all very high kill-potential maps. You compare this to Reb's Hexa, which the highest kill-potential maps were Agni and Redstone Ready, which are nothing comparable to the maps listed above (not that they weren't hard at the time, that they're more trivial now). Yes, the skill level has increased, but it would also be ludicrous to expect players to have the listed maps above known and practiced by heart; the kill potential in maps overall has increased by five-fold over the past two years.

391 maps (and counting) is starting to become nearly double the amount that Reb needed to complete, and the majority of long maps we have today came from past the completion (7dod, bf2, Minr Zoo). For scale, I spent practically one of my entire Saturdays on the 2019 Assortment, which consisted of only an eighth of our maps, and out of those maps there were only 3 black and 6 red maps. This means that this challenge could take 2 weeks minimum for a skilled and active player, and much, much longer for those who are not as much. This challenge can take months now, especially considering maps such as Halcyon, Ice Age and Rapture would need to be completed with no lives lost (if necessary). Because of how much muscle memory would be required for this (Going over 391 maps just to do this challenge for any trolls or insufficient notes is unrealistic), I believe the scaling system should be buffed. Here's what it would be:

Scaling Explanation: 10% of FFA points received by each difficulty equated to lives given.

White Maps = 0.1 Lives. 10 White Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 2.8 lives)
Blue Maps = 0.2 Lives. 5 Blue Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 9.2 lives)
Green Maps = 0.4 Lives. ~2-3 Green Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 34.4 lives)
Yellow Maps = 0.7 Lives. ~2 Yellow Maps = 1 Life. (Total as of today: 79.1 lives)
Orange Maps = 1.2 Lives. 1 Orange Map = 1 life. (Total as of today: 82.8 lives)
Red Maps = 1.8 Lives. 1 Red Map = 1-2 lives. (Total as of today: 63 lives)
Black Maps = 2.5 Lives. 2 Black maps = 5 lives. (Total as of today: 35 lives)
TOTAL: 306.3 Lives

As Departure is very early on, I believe players would need to start with about 5 lives, so that they don't practically have 2 lives left after Departure. This would make the grand total 311 lives.

I personally did not like the idea of exceptions (inconsistent), so I decided that there wouldn't need to be a bonus 50 lives for Heartless.

I know this may seem that it would make the challenge possible for significantly more people, but it really would not. This would only be 11 lives more than what was given by The Badlands, which accounted for only 10 of the black maps (Not even including Happy Thoughts, which has significantly high kill-potential). I believe having 311 lives would make the challenge possible, because expecting even the most committed and skilled of players on this server to beat 60+ hours worth of maps in under 168 lives is not feasible. Those who have tried Hexa to a far extent know well that it would not be possible with such a small amount of lives.

For comparison, I died by forced death (not /killing) about ~140 times in Badlands. This was when I was at my peak performance as well, not after doing 375+ maps. Even with 311 lives, I still believe this challenge would be a massive feat (it would be 292 lives if you got rid of forced deaths, even less lives than Badlands gives you!)

This system won't make the challenge easily beatable, because human error and poor notation are guaranteed from attempters of this challenge. I believe having someone commit over 60 hours minimum playing a challenge just to fail it will make many challengers either practice for hours or not try it, so this challenge still will not be beatable by 99% of our player community.

Please take this idea into consideration, thank you for reading.
World Domination was in Hexa when I did it