• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org

Who are we?

We are minecraft's 3rd oldest server and the oldest dedicated challenge and parkour server in the world. Our map dates over 10 years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 400 challenges which will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been created by our member base who have completed our Hardcore maps. You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server, if you ever achieve the green membership rank. 

For more information about zero.minr.org click here...

How would you order the 11 black maps in order of difficulty?

LanIsGone

IGN: Lan34
Greenie
Mar 1, 2019
Hello! This is going to be a bit of a different rating chart, as I am going to include overall player rankings of the black maps, as well as my own.

Part 1: Personal Ranking

Going to do a quick ranking because I know people will disagree anyways, so here is my ranking:

(This is coming from a person who has done most of these maps multiple times)

16. Invictus II - Putting this as the highest because trying to compare mazes to parkour is really not doable, also knowing the route makes this practically a 6 minute black map.

15. Outpost - Not many technical / difficult jumps, I consistently get a fairly short time on the map.

14. Rapture - Think of Sheol, but much easier. That's what I think of the difficulty of this map, not including the maze adding to difficulty because black maps tend to be rated by parkour.

13. In Rainbows - Only really problematic section is Azure for me, but otherwise most jumps in the map are just standard jumps, using fmm for the most part.

12. World Tour 3 - I know most people would put this higher, but the technicality of the jumps in Alexandria and Everest and the general length of this map has me struggle on this map more than on the ones above mostly.

11. Redstone Ready - The entirety of cp3 is what makes this rank better than the maps above. The double neos and the quads right before the repeater and the repeater itself are probably what I have had the most trouble on in this map, especially since the repeater has really strange and unfamiliar jumps.

10. Ice Age - Hear me out on this one. The only really difficult cp on this map is cp2, and after that the map starts to go by very quickly, with the last four checkpoints in the same exact area. If you beat cp2 quickly, you are almost guaranteed to beat the rest of the map in about 20-30 minutes.

9. Chaoskampf - I know, I know, I've done this map 12 TIMES, but the second time I beat the map was only slightly longer than the average completions I have had of recently. Once you become proficient enough in trapdoor/iron bar parkour, chimney becomes significantly easier. This rating may be pretty biased though, as I may have just been fortunate enough to learn the ropes quickly on this section.

8. Halcyon - This map is deceivingly hard due to how short each checkpoint is. The map contains numerous different types of jumps, and most jumps do not have an obvious strat.

7. Survivor - This map is an extremely long map with multiple difficult parkour sections, but the jumps are pretty consistently standard block parkour, where usually the most technical jumps were strafe ones. Because the type of jump is almost unchanged through the entirety of the map, It is only eighth due to how easily it can be to get used to the jumps.

6. Sheol - The red cave in this map can singlehandedly take me hours, even after having completed the map before. Failing the sign snipe is devastating, and there are almost no free jumps in that final room.

5. Crimson Planet - I know most players consider this the second or even first hardest map on the server, but I struggled a lot less on my second run of this map than on my first. This map really calls out your bull***t for 1 block momentum jumps if you are not skilled enough at the strategies for them, most prominently throughout cp2, where there are several jumps that only give you one block per jump.

4. Final-E - This rating is likely biased due to me being trash at onejumpers, but this map was very painful for me to do, especially on jumps 21-30. While the first 10 jumps of the map were generally easier, the map just continued to get progressively harder, and I started to realize how hard the map was when I hit about jump 15. I'm sure this map would be much higher in the list for others, but TLDR I suck at onejumpers, so I put it here.

3. Happy Thoughts - This map almost completely consists of effect parkour, with even some parts containing stacked effects, such as nosprint + speed. Trying to figure out the strat for each effect has proved to be very challenging, and remembering the strat for each effect can prove very difficult.

2. Heartless - I have considered this as the hardest map on the server ever since I saw it, but it does not compare to the #1 map, in my opinion. The only reason I put this map as second is because a third of the challenge in this map was not knowing uncommon momentum strategies, most notably the inventory jam strategy that is essentially mandated in this map. The map is still really difficult, however, and not being at peak performance can cause this map to take several hours of suffering.

1. Oculus - This map is HARD. I don't think people realize how many steps further this map took than Heartless did. A double cross neo (yes, it had setup, but it's still a hard jump), an unfailsafed triple neo with a difficult setup for it, cps6-9, and the entirety of cp10 is what makes me believe this map is the hardest parkour map in FFA that we have on the server. Unlike the other black maps on the server (maybe an exception for heartless), there is not a chance that regular Minr players would be able to complete this map without a lot of experience in technical jumps (unless you also play pkc servers regularly). There are so many firsts in Minr parkour maps that have resulted from this map. I felt that luck at some parts is what spared me from several more hours of this map.

Part 2: Overall Rankings

The list below will display the top 10 hardest black maps on the server, rated by the players who have commented previously on this thread. These maps will not be included (since there are not enough rankings on them / not ranked based off of parkour):

Resource Parkour Secret
Oculus
Final-E
Invictus II
Fallen City

How this ranking will work is that each map will be ranked by their average ranking on each of the lists that the repliers to this thread have given. The scores will be from 1-10, only including map rankings that were in the top 10 of the above lists. These final scores will not include rankings that have <8 black maps. Here are the rankings:

#10 - Halcyon, with an average ranking of 3.17 (6 rankings)
#9 - Rapture, with an average ranking of 3.3 (10 rankings)
#8 - Redstone Ready, with an average ranking of 3.91 (11 rankings)
#7 - Sheol, with an average ranking of 4.71 (7 rankings)
#6 - Chaoskampf, with an average ranking of 5.64 (11 rankings)
#5 - Ice Age, with an average ranking of 5.7 (10 rankings)
#4 - Survivor, with an average ranking of 6.5 (10 rankings)
#3 - Crimson Planet, with an average ranking of 8.27 (11 rankings)
#2 - Happy Thoughts, with an average ranking of 8.5 (6 rankings)
#1 - Heartless, with an average ranking of 9.73 (11 rankings)

Map rankings outside of top 10:
#13 - World Tour 3, with an average ranking of 1 (2 rankings)
#12 - Outpost, with an average ranking of 1.33 (3 rankings)
#11 - In Rainbows, with an average ranking of 2.38 (8 rankings)

Last edited:

KittyCatElite

Peon
Greenie
Jul 30, 2020
DISCLAIMER: MAZES AND PUZZLES NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT; ASSUMING YOU KNOW THE SOLUTIONS TO THEM

Oh man, there are 15 black maps + 1 on board now and ranking them certainly isn't easy.
I'll quickly give my thoughts on the order of parkour difficulty, and after that, I'll list them based on how long it takes me to do them on average

Order of parkour difficulty:

#16 - Outpost
I would love to put this one higher on the list but it simply doesn't have enough hard jumps for me to do so. A very long and time-consuming map, but the parkour may be the easiest.

#15 - In Rainbows
Again, another long map, but the jumps aren't difficult. The hardest parts are the life/death transitions in the middle. Failing almost anywhere else does not matter.

#14 - Rapture

I'm scared to put this so low on the list as a lot of people struggle with this. However, the checkpoints are insanely frequent and there isn't a section where you can be set back really far (apart from that 1 jump we all remember)

#13 - World Tour 3
This map is a hard one to rank because Everest boosts the parkour difficulty so high by itself. The first many spheres consist of simple jumps that have little failsafes. Everest is a brutal section where almost every fail results in death. This would be lower if Everest had more room for error.

#12 - Ice Age
You might be seeing a trend here. Lots of long maps with long sections of easy parkour. Now you might be thinking that long unfailsafed parts are insanely hard, , but you can learn the strategies for every jump (mainly quads and single neos), take it slow, and you won't be failing a lot. Your fails come from your lack of concentration. And either way, even if this still takes you long to do, you won't be getting stuck because of a jump being too hard.

#11 - Redstone Ready
Not sure where to put this to be honest. Seems like a long map when it's actually quite short, feels like a hard map when the jumps are actually not that bad. That checkpoint with the lava room is actually not that easy though. The ranking is high mainly because of that section. This could very well go way lower on the list though. Either way, it feels more technical compared to the maps lower on the list.

#10 - Oculus V2
Now this map is still on board and changes may be made. However, seeing this map as a whole, I don't think major changes will be made. Unlike its counterpart, this one ranks very low on the list. The amount of onejumps in this map is lower than you'd think, and the endurance-based rooms are similar to other black maps. I would definitely recommend starting out with this map if you want to get introduced to more difficult parkour without the fear of losing hours of progress.

#9 - Chaoskampf
This and the next 2 maps form a middle ground of black difficulty. For me it's impossible to order them. I decided to put Chaoskampf in the lowest spot because the map is just a ton of long sections of pretty difficult parkour.

#8 - Survivor
I couldn't separate Survivor from Chaoskampf. Both maps follow a very similar style of parkour. Just don't fail 5head

#7 - Sheol
I don't actually find this map that hard, but I can see how the last room would be horrendous to do. That last room and possibly the room before are completely carrying the difficulty of this map on them. The last room is pretty much doing 2 checkpoints of heartless in a row. Definitely not a map I would recommend starting from.

#6 - Halcyon
I didn't know where to put this. It's so hard to compare this to any other blacks. The style is totally unique. The map has long unfailsafed sections, practically a onejump checkpoint, it just has so many things. This could very well be lower on the list. Remember that if mazes and puzzles were taken into account this would be 3 places lower. I still think this map is harder than the common opinion suggests.

#5 - Heartless
This is the big 5 of Minr. No black map comes even close to the difficulty of these 5 maps. Many people know this as the hardest map of Minr, and yes, it was, until all the harder maps got released... Infamous for long checkpoints with no room for error, this takes the 5th spot. A lot of people will be mad at me, but hear me out. Checkpoint 1 is frustrating, checkpoint 2 is VERY hard (possibly the hardest on the map), checkpoint 3 is pretty easy, checkpoint 4 is doable, checkpoint 5 and 6 are difficult, checkpoint 7 is doable, checkpoint 8 is quite easy and checkpoint 9 is whatever. It's just one jump, nothing you can't do after a lot of attempts. You still have to remember that the difficulty in the long checkpoints comes from simple jumps that you have to chain together. The difficulty in harder checkpoints such as checkpoint 5 comes from the difficulty of a few jumps, but after all, checkpoint 5 is literally 7 jumps. Just throw yourself at it until you make it. Or be smart and ask someone for strategies.

#4 - Final-E
Annoying map to rank. So many hard jumps in this one. The first jump actually made me quit the map the first time I tried it. No other map has ever done that to me. Thankfully, after the first jump the difficulty is toned down quite a bit and it feels like most of the jumps can be done without being traumatized. Again, it's just another map of asking other people for strategies if you can't find them yourself. I had to ask for help (thanks mercata), don't be ashamed if you can't do a jump. I'm sure a lot of greens are willing to assist you on your journey through this one.

#3 - Crimson Planet
Just a hard map. No room is that long, but oh boy are the jumps annoying to chain together. I've always said this map is harder than Heartless, and will stand by my opinion. Similar amount of rooms as heartless has checkpoints, the parkour is just harder.

#2 - Oculus

A map combining onejumps with tough endurance. I can certainly say that this makes people suffer. The first rooms are simple enough for a onejump map, but starting from that big lava cave room, it all goes uphill. That lantern jump combined and the trapdoor neo combined with everything else in that checkpoint is tough. The next checkpoint has the most famous triple neo on the server. The last room is tough endurance with uncommon chain jumps too. Just a hard map, not much to say about it.

#1 - Happy Thoughts

Ever since the release of this, it's been at the top of my list. I SUFFERED with this one. I had to go at it for hours. The speed part is no joke, having 2 4.5 block jumps and everything else. Then we get jump boost, where every jump is failable too. THEN WE GET SLOW FALLING, AND THE TIMINGS GET INSANELY PRECISE. As you finally reach a few checkpoints, you find yourself in a lair with speed and NO SPRINT! And if that wasn't hard enough, you have to do a completely unfailsafed crystal room where failing near the end of it will kill you and set you back to the checkpoint BEFORE the lair! And after that, you reach a checkpoint, and you suddenly have jump boost and are asked to do annoying jumps with it. You also have a no speed part in the lair! And once you get past this, you get a crazy precise last jump, where you won't make it with any wrong strategy. This jump just by far claims the top spot. I did the challenge that required me to do this with a life challenge. It took me ALMOST AN HOUR to do this map with ONLY 2 DEATHS. Knowing EVERY SINGLE strategy and not even stalling in the crystal room. It's just insane how difficult and long this is. Keep in mind I also used all my knowledge on strategies like force momentum, which a new player would definitely not know and would DEFINITELY not be able to make the strategies to work with like 10 different combinations of effects. I don't think there's anything that comes close to this.

Keep in mind that the ranking above was me comparing the actual difficulty of the parkour. Now below comes my personal ranking, based on an estimated average time taken to beat the map (as a bonus, I will add how much I enjoy replaying this map from 1 to 10)

#16 - Survivor
(1-2 hours)
1/10

#15 - Chaoskampf (1 hour)
2/10

#14 - Final-E (1 hour)
7/10

#13 - Happy Thoughts (40 minutes - 1 hour)
1/10

#12 - In Rainbows (30 - 50 minutes)
2/10

#11 - World Tour 3 (40-45 minutes)
8/10

#10 - Crimson Planet (25-40 minutes)
6/10

#9 - Outpost (25-35 minutes)
2/10

#8 - Halcyon (20-30 minutes)
7/10

#7 - Oculus (15-25 minutes)
8/10

#6 - Sheol (15-25 minutes)
10/10

#5 - Rapture (15-20 minutes)
6/10

#4 - Ice Age (10-20 minutes)
7/10

#3 - Oculus V2 (10-20 minutes)
10/10

#2 - Redstone Ready (10-15 minutes)
6/10

#1 - Heartless (10-15 minutes)
9/10

Feel free to let me know how mad you are at my list :D

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Board
Mar 2, 2019
#14 - Rapture
I'm scared to put this so low on the list as a lot of people struggle with this. However, the checkpoints are insanely frequent and there isn't a section where you can be set back really far (apart from that 1 jump we all remember)
Honestly, I find Rapture to be even easier than In Rainbows :p

KittyCatElite

Peon
Greenie
Jul 30, 2020
Honestly, I find Rapture to be even easier than In Rainbows :p
just built different
But yeah I do too but I suppose not everyone is that good at the type of parkour rapture has. It could very well be a red seeing as fallen city is one. Just the maze bumping it up to black I think
The singular jumps in rapture are pretty hard though, you really start to see it once you do revelation

KimboBlade_

Active Player
Greenie
Oct 26, 2017
DISCLAIMER: MAZES AND PUZZLES NOT TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT; ASSUMING YOU KNOW THE SOLUTIONS TO THEM

Oh man, there are 15 black maps + 1 on board now and ranking them certainly isn't easy.
I'll quickly give my thoughts on the order of parkour difficulty, and after that, I'll list them based on how long it takes me to do them on average

Order of parkour difficulty:

#16 - Outpost
I would love to put this one higher on the list but it simply doesn't have enough hard jumps for me to do so. A very long and time-consuming map, but the parkour may be the easiest.

#15 - In Rainbows
Again, another long map, but the jumps aren't difficult. The hardest parts are the life/death transitions in the middle. Failing almost anywhere else does not matter.

#14 - Rapture

#13 - World Tour 3
This map is a hard one to rank because Everest boosts the parkour difficulty so high by itself. The first many spheres consist of simple jumps that have little failsafes. Everest is a brutal section where almost every fail results in death. This would be lower if Everest had more room for error.

#12 - Ice Age
You might be seeing a trend here. Lots of long maps with long sections of easy parkour. Now you might be thinking that long unfailsafed parts are insanely hard, , but you can learn the strategies for every jump (mainly quads and single neos), take it slow, and you won't be failing a lot. Your fails come from your lack of concentration. And either way, even if this still takes you long to do, you won't be getting stuck because of a jump being too hard.

#11 - Redstone Ready
Not sure where to put this to be honest. Seems like a long map when it's actually quite short, feels like a hard map when the jumps are actually not that bad. That checkpoint with the lava room is actually not that easy though. The ranking is high mainly because of that section. This could very well go way lower on the list though. Either way, it feels more technical compared to the maps lower on the list.

#10 - Oculus V2
Now this map is still on board and changes may be made. However, seeing this map as a whole, I don't think major changes will be made. Unlike its counterpart, this one ranks very low on the list. The amount of onejumps in this map is lower than you'd think, and the endurance-based rooms are similar to other black maps. I would definitely recommend starting out with this map if you want to get introduced to more difficult parkour without the fear of losing hours of progress.

#9 - Chaoskampf
This and the next 2 maps form a middle ground of black difficulty. For me it's impossible to order them. I decided to put Chaoskampf in the lowest spot because the map is just a ton of long sections of pretty difficult parkour.

#8 - Survivor
I couldn't separate Survivor from Chaoskampf. Both maps follow a very similar style of parkour. Just don't fail 5head

#7 - Sheol
I don't actually find this map that hard, but I can see how the last room would be horrendous to do. That last room and possibly the room before are completely carrying the difficulty of this map on them. The last room is pretty much doing 2 checkpoints of heartless in a row. Definitely not a map I would recommend starting from.

#6 - Halcyon
I didn't know where to put this. It's so hard to compare this to any other blacks. The style is totally unique. The map has long unfailsafed sections, practically a onejump checkpoint, it just has so many things. This could very well be lower on the list. Remember that if mazes and puzzles were taken into account this would be 3 places lower. I still think this map is harder than the common opinion suggests.

#5 - Heartless
This is the big 5 of Minr. No black map comes even close to the difficulty of these 5 maps. Many people know this as the hardest map of Minr, and yes, it was, until all the harder maps got released... Infamous for long checkpoints with no room for error, this takes the 5th spot. A lot of people will be mad at me, but hear me out. Checkpoint 1 is frustrating, checkpoint 2 is VERY hard (possibly the hardest on the map), checkpoint 3 is pretty easy, checkpoint 4 is doable, checkpoint 5 and 6 are difficult, checkpoint 7 is doable, checkpoint 8 is quite easy and checkpoint 9 is whatever. It's just one jump, nothing you can't do after a lot of attempts. You still have to remember that the difficulty in the long checkpoints comes from simple jumps that you have to chain together. The difficulty in harder checkpoints such as checkpoint 5 comes from the difficulty of a few jumps, but after all, checkpoint 5 is literally 7 jumps. Just throw yourself at it until you make it. Or be smart and ask someone for strategies.

#4 - Final-E
Annoying map to rank. So many hard jumps in this one. The first jump actually made me quit the map the first time I tried it. No other map has ever done that to me. Thankfully, after the first jump the difficulty is toned down quite a bit and it feels like most of the jumps can be done without being traumatized. Again, it's just another map of asking other people for strategies if you can't find them yourself. I had to ask for help (thanks mercata), don't be ashamed if you can't do a jump. I'm sure a lot of greens are willing to assist you on your journey through this one.

#3 - Crimson Planet
Just a hard map. No room is that long, but oh boy are the jumps annoying to chain together. I've always said this map is harder than Heartless, and will stand by my opinion. Similar amount of rooms as heartless has checkpoints, the parkour is just harder.

#2 - Oculus

A map combining onejumps with tough endurance. I can certainly say that this makes people suffer. The first rooms are simple enough for a onejump map, but starting from that big lava cave room, it all goes uphill. That lantern jump combined and the trapdoor neo combined with everything else in that checkpoint is tough. The next checkpoint has the most famous triple neo on the server. The last room is tough endurance with uncommon chain jumps too. Just a hard map, not much to say about it.

#1 - Happy Thoughts

Ever since the release of this, it's been at the top of my list. I SUFFERED with this one. I had to go at it for hours. The speed part is no joke, having 2 4.5 block jumps and everything else. Then we get jump boost, where every jump is failable too. THEN WE GET SLOW FALLING, AND THE TIMINGS GET INSANELY PRECISE. As you finally reach a few checkpoints, you find yourself in a lair with speed and NO SPRINT! And if that wasn't hard enough, you have to do a completely unfailsafed crystal room where failing near the end of it will kill you and set you back to the checkpoint BEFORE the lair! And after that, you reach a checkpoint, and you suddenly have jump boost and are asked to do annoying jumps with it. You also have a no speed part in the lair! And once you get past this, you get a crazy precise last jump, where you won't make it with any wrong strategy. This jump just by far claims the top spot. I did the challenge that required me to do this with a life challenge. It took me ALMOST AN HOUR to do this map with ONLY 2 DEATHS. Knowing EVERY SINGLE strategy and not even stalling in the crystal room. It's just insane how difficult and long this is. Keep in mind I also used all my knowledge on strategies like force momentum, which a new player would definitely not know and would DEFINITELY not be able to make the strategies to work with like 10 different combinations of effects. I don't think there's anything that comes close to this.

Keep in mind that the ranking above was me comparing the actual difficulty of the parkour. Now below comes my personal ranking, based on an estimated average time taken to beat the map (as a bonus, I will add how much I enjoy replaying this map from 1 to 10)

#16 - Survivor
(1-2 hours)
1/10

#15 - Chaoskampf (1 hour)
2/10

#14 - Final-E (1 hour)
7/10

#13 - Happy Thoughts (40 minutes - 1 hour)
1/10

#12 - In Rainbows (30 - 50 minutes)
2/10

#11 - World Tour 3 (40-45 minutes)
8/10

#10 - Crimson Planet (25-40 minutes)
6/10

#9 - Outpost (25-35 minutes)
2/10

#8 - Halcyon (20-30 minutes)
7/10

#7 - Oculus (15-25 minutes)
8/10

#6 - Sheol (15-25 minutes)
10/10

#5 - Rapture (15-20 minutes)
6/10

#4 - Ice Age (10-20 minutes)
7/10

#3 - Oculus V2 (10-20 minutes)
10/10

#2 - Redstone Ready (10-15 minutes)
6/10

#1 - Heartless (10-15 minutes)
9/10

Feel free to let me know how mad you are at my list :D
My only problem with the list is Ice Age, I get clapped on it so often, and I can't cut this down to under an hour. Although I do agree the frequent CP's does make it easier, the jumps themselves are actually quite brutal and can take me quite a bit of time to complete them :S

KittyCatElite

Peon
Greenie
Jul 30, 2020
My only problem with the list is Ice Age, I get clapped on it so often, and I can't cut this down to under an hour. Although I do agree the frequent CP's does make it easier, the jumps themselves are actually quite brutal and can take me quite a bit of time to complete them :S
hard to order the lower black maps since I don't find any of them harder than the order, I'm pretty happy with my top 10 but the ones below can honestly be in any order