• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

If I were to create a real life book, what would it be on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
Hi,
I am in need of an idea for a book, when you reply to this thread, try to make it a real life matter that I can write and create a book about.
Once I choose on at least 3 winning topics, I will give a vote, The winning Idea is what I will write about.

If you have any Ideas on what I should write about, please reply with your Idea.

Thanks and Good Luck,

nahfackler

niltiac

dead ting
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
How about something interesting that has happened in your past? Maybe twist a few parts to make it a bit more exciting.

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
"IF I WERE TO CREATE A REAL LIFE BOOK, WHAT WOULD IT BE ON?"

It'd probably be on my desk unopened since i dont like reading at all.

being serious though, what are your main interests? just an idea for a random book is quite a range you can choose from. Do you want it to be a fantasy, realism, special subjects like racism, sexism, bullying, etc. is the book meant for children or for grown-ups? should it be just fun to read or have a meaning behind it?

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Books vs Great Literature 101: Great Literature incorporates a number of different themes, has a variety of motifs, symbolism, and the like, whereas a book is just something to keep you entertained usually.

My suggestion? Write about the human condition. Homer's Illiad does a great job portraying different aspects of human nature. Something like that would be a good place to start.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I used to love reading...then I got to the part of school where they constantly want you to write papers about the book you are forced to read for the class...yea...

Personally, if I were writing a book, it would probably be a "field guide" style of a sub-culture that is either fairly unknown or tends to have an unwarranted negative view towards it.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Fall of Humanity which will ultimately lead to our own destruction.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you in need to write a book? In my opinion, books, articles, games, and even maps in Minecraft aren't things you can just decide to write without having an idea of what you're going to write about. You get an idea, you think it through, then start writing. Asking people to give you an idea is silly, because no matter how good of an idea it is, it's not your idea meaning you'll have difficulty shaping it unlike the person who suggested it. Instead of asking for ideas, I think you should wait for inspiration.
Personally, I get ideas for everything by just sitting in a normal room. I get map ideas for zero when sitting in biology or physics class, get story ideas from my own personal experiences and re-imaginations of things I've seen, get Minecraft skin ideas whilst looking at LEGO figures and I even get ideas on what to code when looking at the ceiling.
I did not expect this to be that long. sorry.
tl;dr Asking for ideas is alright, but waiting and getting your own idea is much better

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
@Zatharel I'm asking people for their opinions cause I usually come up blank when I wanna write, I like to bounce ideas around before choosing an Idea.........

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
@Zatharel I'm asking people for their opinions cause I usually come up blank when I wanna write, I like to bounce ideas around before choosing an Idea.........
I don't think you even read what I said. You aren't going to get an idea if you're forcing yourself to think of one. You can't just say "I want to get an idea now" and then get an idea.

Crafter

Peon
Greenie
Jul 20, 2014
Agreeing with Zath here. Just going out and saying "I want to write a book so give me ideas" isn't the best choice. Waiting for an inspiration to come, hopefully something that actually interests you, is the better option because then you would be more passionate about the idea and writing about it would be much easier. Good authors don't sit themselves down and force themselves to write. If you take your time and wait for your own ideas, the whole experience will be much more satisfying to both author and reader.

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
@Crafter maybe you are right, But here's the thing, I'm the type of person who can't write without having a set subject (kinda my English teacher's practice) I will close the thread tonight and maybe I will get back to my writing and maybe finish my current book......But thanks for the voices...

Tonight, Could an Admin/mod Close this thread Please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.