• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Interacting with left click is broken in specific circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovenons

Content Connoisseur
Op
Mar 31, 2020
Frankly, this is a bug that should have been reported a long time ago. This is a quite controversial bug to report apparently - mostly because some players have been using this to their advantage. Basically, the bug is that you can left click interact with scripts or checkpoint signs ANY time as long as you're 2.0-3.0 blocks away from the block (3.0-4.0 in creative). An important note here is that it will look at the 1x1x1 block grid and ignore the actual block shape itself, like a sign or button.
What this means is that you can activate interact scripts on air blocks or can sometimes hit checkpoint signs further from where you should be able to.

Notice how there is no outline around the sign despite being in survival mode

The reason why this is so controversial is because some speedrunners have been (unknowingly?) using this to their advantage to hit the start / end sign from further away. As a consequence of fixing this bug, it could lead to some map times being near impossible to beat. I personally don't know many maps that are optimized enough for that to be an issue, but it's something to consider. Also speedrunners, if you want to give your thoughts on that particular issue, you can probably do so below.

Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything! I can always give one of those fancy "Steps to reproduce" guides :')

EDIT: The exact distance for this to occur might be off, I have not properly tested at which distances this occurs at, it's merely a guess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.