• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Lie Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Hi guys, the events of the current mafia round reminded me of something from a movie that I thought might make an interesting game. Here's how it works:

I will list five things about me, four of them will be true, one will be a lie. You will need to guess the lie.

To make it work as a game, the first person to correctly guess the lie then gets to do the same as I did.

So, let's see who is good at reading lies:

1. I am allergic to cold
  2. I weave chainmaille
  3. My first redstone circuit was a doorbell
  4. I can't stand the taste of broccoli
  5. Strawberries are my favorite fruit

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
incorrect. I have Primary Raynauds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_phenomenon

In medicine, Raynaud's phenomenon /reɪˈnoʊz/ or Raynaud phenomenon is excessively reduced blood flow in response to cold or emotional stress, causing discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas.
Raynaud's disease, or "Primary Raynaud's", is diagnosed if the symptoms are idiopathic, that is, if they occur by themselves and not in association with other diseases. Some refer to Primary Raynaud's disease as "being allergic to coldness."
Lucky for me, mine is fairly mild and the discoloration mostly shows up on my arms.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Incorrect. While I was trying to get through the mazes, I played on another server where you were given a small plot for a house and if your house was liked, you got a bigger plot in the spawn town. I added a doorbell to make my house nicer, and that was my first redstone experiment.

magicdem0n11

Peon
Greenie
Dec 18, 2013
I would say 4, but no ones mentioned 2?! Isn't weaving chainmaille like, not a usual thing (or am I missing somthing?)
I'll say 2

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
isn't this that game called 2 truths and 1 lie only with 4 truths and 1 lie?

Anyway, 2 I guess?

Also, how to become a human lie detector - Play 10 hours of L.A. Noire each day.

Last edited:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
And the winner is blie!

My top 5 favorite fruits:
1 strawberry
2 pineapple
3 pomegranate
4 kiwi
5 Granny smith apple (quite specifically that variety

I am currently working on a hauberk, and here is a (somewhat blurry) picture of a chain I made for my flash drive:

http://ck9.outpost2.net/media/images/chain.jpg

broccoli is actually my favorite vegetable :p

I could have sworn this posted yesterday...must have closed the window too early :/

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
Woo!

Here's mine:
1. I've played the cello for 8 years.
2. I had my Bar Mitzvah the day after Benjymon had his.
3. I first got Minecraft in 1.3, but due to my bad computer, I couldn't play until 1.4.7.
4. I live on the one creepy hill that kids are afraid to Trick-Or-Treat at on Halloween.
5. I got my foot run over by a lawnmower when I was 5 years old.

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
Incorrect, when I was 6 years old I attended a music class and was always the last person to choose an instrument during the "Free Instrument Playing Time". Thus, I was always stuck with the cello, which began to grow on me, and I've been taking lessons ever since then.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Should have stated this in the beginning, but I was hoping it wasn't necessary: Please only choose one option so other people have a chance. Since there are 5 options, each guessing round really only gets 5 guessers which can lead to a lot of people getting left out.

and in response to zath's question: I don't know. I was watching some movie a few years back...I think the general plot was that a member of the CIA was thought to be committing treason and the main character was sent to act as his new partner and discover if it was true or not. The only part I really remember well of the whole movie is when he met the guy, the guy said to him, "Tell me five things about yourself, and make one of them a lie." and he explained it was an exercise in the department meant to help them keep sharp.

Last edited:

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
5 is incorrect, I was playing outside one day, unaware that my Dad was so close to me while mowing the lawn... Long story short, I have a few scars on my right foot. xD

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
Incorrect, I thought my computer could handle it, but with my inferior knowledge of computers back then, I found out the hard way that I couldn't play it without extreme lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.