• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minecraft Facts

dz98

No-Life At Parkour
Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
This is a thread similar to Creeper's thread: Absurd Facts. Here you can comment facts, tips, tricks, and things you might not have known about Minecraft. I will start.

It would take 3,000,000,000 blocks of TNT to destroy one block of Bedrock.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
This is a thread similar to Creeper's thread: Absurd Facts. Here you can comment facts, tips, tricks, and things you might not have known about Minecraft. I will start.

It would take 3,000,000,000 blocks of TNT to destroy one block of Bedrock.
I think you're a bit off there...GameChap and Bertie did it with just a stack of tnt reaching from bedrock to the build limit

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
In Minecraft 2.0, the game code referred to the Friendly Wither as the WitherHug.

JOKE TIME

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No, it's a WITHERHUG!

dz98

No-Life At Parkour
Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
I think you're a bit off there...GameChap and Bertie did it with just a stack of tnt reaching from bedrock to the build limit
Maybe I was off on the amount. I got that from an Instagram page; so I might be wrong :/

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
That video was fake ^^ (video got uploaded 1 april)

Although according to the redstone scientists (heheh) bedrock requires an explosion strength of roughly 1 million in the same tick. One tnt has an explosion strength of 4. This means you would need 250k blocks of tnt to go off in the same tick. This is practically impossible, and thus, you cannot blow up bedrock. You can however use a dark oak sapling, and somehow break through a few pieces of bedrock. Yes it is weird ^^

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Despite my lack of observation of upload dates, I was correct about that number being a bit off :p

Ender Crystal explosions are 50% more powerful than tnt (so 166667 to destroy bedrock)
They are also the only explosion in the overworld that will destroy blocks on zero (unless the settings have been changed). Stacking one on top of the other and then exploding them causes a failure in the code that crashes servers (So don't mess with them!)

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Stacking one on top of the other and then exploding them causes a failure in the code that crashes servers (So don't mess with them!)
Wonder where you found that out...

1.) Podzol is technically a subsection of dirt, not its own block
2.) Grass and Mycelium take slightly longer to break than dirt
3.) Cobblestone takes slightly longer to break than dirt
4.) If you place a fence down, then a block ontop of it, no matter the block when you walk over it, it will play the noise of you walking over wood
5.) If you jump and run over a torch it plays the running on wood noise (same for signs)
6.) The best food for you to eat is a golden carrot (most saturation, with a solid amount of hunger return
7.) Shears don't take damage when breaking wool blocks, they also break wool blocks faster than any other tool
8.) Hitting a mob with a tool will take 2 durability from the tool, and breaking a block with a sword takes 2 durability from the sword

Spontida10

Peon
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
Despite my lack of observation of upload dates, I was correct about that number being a bit off :p

Ender Crystal explosions are 50% more powerful than tnt (so 166667 to destroy bedrock)
They are also the only explosion in the overworld that will destroy blocks on zero (unless the settings have been changed). Stacking one on top of the other and then exploding them causes a failure in the code that crashes servers (So don't mess with them!)
Fond memories :)

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
...Stacking one on top of the other and then exploding them causes a failure in the code that crashes servers (So don't mess with them!)...
I once set up a private server with my friend and set a clock to summon Ender Crystals like 5 times a second. Eventually, one of us could only log on for 5 seconds before the sever crashed. Once we broke the clock, we had to issue /kill @e[type=EnderCrystal] through the console.

Fun times.

dz98

No-Life At Parkour
Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
Fall damage is calculated on how many blocks you fall minus 3. The highest amount to fall is 22. (22-3 = 19) One heart left.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Fall damage is calculated on how many blocks you fall minus 3. The highest amount to fall is 22. (22-3 = 19) One heart left.
Well one half heart. One hp point is what you mean
This fact is also used in many exp farms because if you don't know this you can't punch to kill the mob

While we are on the topic of damage:
The void does 4 hearts of damage every second, even in creative.
HOWEVER, if you add regeneration 8 or higher, or instant health, you can fall in the void forever. FOREVER!

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Well one half heart. One hp point is what you mean
This fact is also used in many exp farms because if you don't know this you can't punch to kill the mob

While we are on the topic of damage:
The void does 4 hearts of damage every second, even in creative.
HOWEVER, if you add regeneration 8 or higher, or instant health, you can fall in the void forever. FOREVER!
2 hearts per second. 4 hit points.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Even before shift-clicking was added, it was possible to place torches on a crafting table.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
If you double tap shift (or whatever button your sneak key is on) while walking you will start sprinting

Found this by accident on the server once.

My explaination is that when you stop and go twice in a row in a quick succession (just as when ou would double tap w), the game automatically assumes it is supposed to initiate sprinting

that or it's actually a feature that i didn't know about

dz98

No-Life At Parkour
Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
I think I turned this thread into a huge debate XD

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Prior to the skeleton ai update, you could make a music disk farm by tricking skeletons in cubbies into shooting each other. Their improved accuracy now makes them kill each other too fast.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
In the Ps3 version of minecraft you can clone your inventory by playing online, then logging out, load your world offline, put all your inventory in a chest, and go online again.

The things will be in your inventory but also in your chest.

dz98

No-Life At Parkour
Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
An easier way to define a block is a silverfish block, is that silverfish stone takes longer to mine than stone.