• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org

Who are we?

We are minecraft's 3rd oldest server and the oldest dedicated challenge and parkour server in the world. Our map dates over 10 years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 400 challenges which will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been created by our member base who have completed our Hardcore maps. You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server, if you ever achieve the green membership rank. 

For more information about zero.minr.org click here...

Event Minr Book Club

spolendina

ello
Mod
Board
Apr 30, 2017
Hey everyone, @swimmy1212 and I are excited to announce the official Minr Book Club, which will be a weekly discussion of a book in the Minr literature Discord channel.

How will it work?

In the book club, members will collectively read one or more chapters (depending on their length) of a chosen book and then discuss it every week!

Once you’ve signed up to the Club (link at the bottom of the post!) you can then send the title of a book of your choice to either myself or Swimmy. After we have received your choices, we will provide blurbs for each book and everyone will get to vote on which book they’d like to read. However, you cannot vote for your own nomination.

Once the book has been chosen, every Saturday we will discuss the chapters we’ve read in the literature channel over the course of the entire day. The dates of the discussions will be announced beforehand. If we get 10 sign-ups, there will be a dedicated channel for the book club. Alternatively, we can create a separate Discord server for the discussions if you guys would prefer that.

It’s your responsibility to obtain the book yourself; we will try and provide links to cheap copies of the books in online stores. Since one book cycle will take several months, the expense should be relatively low.

When choosing your nomination, try and keep the length of the book fairly moderate - stick to novels if you can. Keep in mind that we discuss one chapter a week, and whilst there is no strict chapter/page limit, your pick should be chosen to not be overly lengthy. Additionally, it would be preferable if your books were stand-alones, i.e. not part of a wider series.

The sign-up form is below. Note that signing-up does not obligate you to participate or purchase any books.

Sign-up here:
https://forms.gle/u4hMokwTGJHvn4ts5

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment on this thread or DM myself or Swimmy on Discord. Thanks for reading and we hope to see you reading with us soon!

Last edited:

spolendina

ello
Mod
Board
Apr 30, 2017
Okay, the first voting stage has concluded! Our first book is Player of Games by Ian M. Banks. It's not too late to join the club! Just sign up or let me/swimmy know. However, if you do join late, you'll have to catch up with where we're at in the book. When the actual reading starts, I'll post it in this thread.