• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Book Club

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
Hey everyone, @swimmy1212 and I are excited to announce the official Minr Book Club, which will be a group read of a book and discussion of a it n the Minr book club Discord channel.

How will it work?

In the book club, members will decide on a book and read it by a certain date. After that, we'll discuss it. The goal here is to discover new books you might not normally read, as well as discussing them with the community.

Once you’ve signed up to the Club (link at the bottom of the post!) you can then send the title of a book of your choice to either myself or Swimmy. After we have received your choices, we will provide blurbs for each book and everyone will get to vote on which book they’d like to read. However, you cannot vote for your own nomination.

Once the book has been chosen, you will have a set amount of time to read this book; this will depend on the length of the book (and how 'dense' it is). After this period, we will discuss the book and give our thoughts. No worries if you can't finish the book or give up halfway through!

It’s your responsibility to obtain the book yourself; we will try and provide links to cheap copies of the books in online stores. Since one book cycle will take several months, the expense should be relatively low.

When choosing your nomination, try and keep the length of the book fairly moderate - stick to novels if you can. Keep in mind that most of us have other commitments/things to read so whilst there is no strict chapter/page limit, your pick should be chosen to not be overly lengthy. Additionally, it would be preferable if your books were stand-alones, i.e. not part of a wider series. (It's fine if they are part of an extended universe, i.e. Player of Games (which is part of the 'Culture' series) as long as prior knowledge from other books isn't required to understand and enjoy the book).

The sign-up form is below. Note that signing-up does not obligate you to participate or purchase any books.

Sign-up here:
https://forms.gle/u4hMokwTGJHvn4ts5 If you would like to join, just DM myself or swimmy on Discord!

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment on this thread or DM myself or Swimmy on Discord. Thanks for reading and we hope to see you reading with us soon!

Last edited:

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
Okay, the first voting stage has concluded! Our first book is Player of Games by Ian M. Banks. It's not too late to join the club! Just sign up or let me/swimmy know. However, if you do join late, you'll have to catch up with where we're at in the book. When the actual reading starts, I'll post it in this thread.

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
Hey everyone, we're going to be starting a new round of Book Club soon. If you're interested in joining send myself or swimmy a DM and we'll add you to the group :)

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
We have voted and chosen on The Guest List by Lucy Foley for this round. We will be setting a date to have read the book rather than having weekly discussion this time (easier to keep up).

Here's a short blurb from Goodreads:

On an island off the coast of Ireland, guests gather to celebrate two people joining their lives together as one. The groom: handsome and charming, a rising television star. The bride: smart and ambitious, a magazine publisher. It’s a wedding for a magazine, or for a celebrity: the designer dress, the remote location, the luxe party favors, the boutique whiskey. The cell phone service may be spotty and the waves may be rough, but every detail has been expertly planned and will be expertly executed. But perfection is for plans, and people are all too human. As the champagne is popped and the festivities begin, resentments and petty jealousies begin to mingle with the reminiscences and well wishes. The groomsmen begin the drinking game from their school days. The bridesmaid not-so-accidentally ruins her dress. The bride’s oldest (male) friend gives an uncomfortably caring toast. And then someone turns up dead. Who didn’t wish the happy couple well? And perhaps more important, why?

Please dm me or spol if you want to join :)

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
Done with The Guest list! We had a great turnout this round. We have nominations and are voting for our next book now, so please come and join! Dm spol or me to be added.

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
Hey everyone! So it's been a while and we're deciding to try and start this up again.

A problem we've had is a loss of interest / little discussion. So we're going to take a more laid-back approach this time. The way it'll work is the group will decide on a book, and we'll have a deadline to finish it by. Past the deadline, discussion will be open.
- You can discuss the book as you read it, but please spoiler your discussion with an indication of which part of the book it's spoiling.​
If there's sufficient interest, we'll get this started up again soon! If you would like to participate, message me (Spol#7287) or Swim (swimmy#0418) on Discord or on the forums and we'll add you.

P.S. We're completely open to changes and the form of the book club is not set in stone at all. If you have any suggestions to make the process better / or on how you think it should be run please let us know.

Last edited:

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
Hi everyone, we're starting up another round! You can pick any book of a reasonable length and submit it to be nominated by dming spol or me. The group will then vote which one they would like to read. Please ask either of us if you would like to join the book club channel on Discord and we'll add you in!

(We ended up reading Flowers for Algernon, great book!)

Last edited:

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
Book Club is now reading Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. Dm either me or spol to be added to the channel!