• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 21: Welcome Aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
I am indeed the innocent detective, although I would've liked that to be more secret.
Last night after threatening Fire with a gun I decided to investigate SemAelse.
The investigation came up to be mafia.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Someone has told me that rm might be mafia. I believe sem.
Again: why would rman lie about semsem being mafia, if once sem gets lynched, he would be as well the next day for lying? That’s suicide.

Also, who told you rman is mafia? Sem?

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
I also have Creepa vouching for me, who, in case you’ve forgotten, got a mafia member lynched day 1.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Okay here we go.

As I was on a different floor at the time, all the information I have here is second hand. If anyone would like to correct me, go for it, but this is taking into account what both sides have told me.

During the first night, there was a conversation struck up between Sem and Fire. They were both interested in finding out the roles of the other. After a bit of discussion, they made several back-and-forth offers to each other about exchanging roles. Both sides claim that they made some seriously good offers, which were rejected. Sem claimed that Fire's offers were preposterous (which Fire disputes), and Fire said he rejected sem's offer because he was impatient (it involved some sort of time delay). I'm not sure who's telling the truth here, as it would be impossible to verify without access to their PMs or lengthy quotations from them. Fire's impatience and eagerness to know what Sem's role could be considered a strike against him though. However after some more discussion, the talks broke down, both sides clearly frustrated that they couldn't agree on a deal. Sem, in an attempt to resolve the impasse, threatens to kill Fire if he does not tell him is role. Sem had found a gun in the pool at the end of the first day phase, which (presumably) lets him kill somebody.

This, of course, is why we are here. SemAelse has claimed neutral, and has said that he is working with the innocents, though said that he is not very seriously committed to it (i.e. sitting on the fence). The issue here is that he was willing to kill the life of someone he suspected as innocent for some information, which he said was key for him to win the game. This is very clearly anti-innocent, threatening the life of a suspected innocent for personal game as a claimed neutral. This should be enough to lynch somebody, especially as its the best lead we have. However, this is Sem's first game, and it could be considered a rookie mistake, as he overextended himself with his recently found gun.

However,

Upon learning of what was transpiring on his deck, rmanimal, a claimed detective, was suspicious of Sem and investigated him. He showed up as a mafioso. Having conversed with rman extensively throughout the game so far, I am fairly certain he is innocent. We have a detective who has not been discredited (Sem's opinion that he is mafia isn't enough at this point), and says they know who is a mafioso. There is no reason that I can think of why they should not be lynched. If you can think of one, tell me. If they flip up neutral, then we can have another inspection of rman. But as it currently stands, the odds are in favour of him being valid and truthful.

Considering both Sem's actions and rman's investigation results, we should proceed with the lynch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now please gather round my claimed neutral and mafia friends.
@Zatharel @Gravebound @Ninja_Cat_ (plus @picklesthecheeta and @ajs626 for good measure)

Now that you have heard the whole and complete story (to the best of my knowledge), I would ask you to reconsider your position on the matter. Should you continue to oppose the lynch, it will be a clear and wonderful sign that you align yourselves with the mafia. The death of a mafioso should not impact your chance to win. If you still oppose the lynch, I'll be happy to help arrange for you to disembark at the next port we reach, as you will have shown your true colours.

EDIT:
Quick disclaimer, pickles is claiming innocent. I included him in here because he was voting against the lynch.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
How desperate are we? I'd like to suggest that Sem be rechecked by someone else (me preferably).
Why are you trying to stall this lynch? We have a solid claim to his lynch. The longer Sem lives, the more damage he can do to us.
He was investigated by an innocent detective, we aren't going to get much more than that. Getting it checked by someone else is wasting time. We know he is mafia.
You, as a claimed neutral, would not give us any more useful evidence. We have no idea how valid your investigation would be, you could easily be trying to help the mafia win. We would have no idea.

And think about this. Even assuming you can be on the same floor as Sem (we have no idea what floor he will be on), he can just shoot you (and you lose). Do you really want to die trying to verify something for yourself that we already know?

Stop delaying.

ajs626

Peon
Greenie
May 6, 2016
I'm not stalling at all, I simply asked if we were in a hurry or not. Asking a simple question shouldn't be interpreted as stalling since the day is going to last till the 29th. I don't see any other votes being put in immediately. I also don't think that "helping" mafia benefits me at all considering mafia needs to kill all neutrals to win (from what I understand).

#vote Sem

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
I also don't think that "helping" mafia benefits me at all considering mafia needs to kill all neutrals to win (from what I understand).
That’s what makes me confused as to how neutrals can even be considered “neutral”. The mafia need everybody who isn’t mafia dead, including the neutrals. The neutrals’ win conditions are to not get swayed by storyteller and not die, the latter of which the mafia actively works against. So logically, the neutrals have to kill the mafia to win, because the game doesn’t end until either only neutrals and/or innocents are left, or only mafia are left; it can’t be neutrals and mafia. Therefore, part of neutrals’ win condition is to kill the mafia. Thus they’re exactly the same as innocents, but with the “don’t get swayed” condition.

Last edited:

ajs626

Peon
Greenie
May 6, 2016
I asked about it at the start as it was confusing for me also. Tbh, it's still hard to wrapping my head around but it would be odd to change it when we are already into the game.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
Knowing sem's role, if he is mafia, he needs to die.

#vote sem

The next story you'll be telling will be in hell.

Check rm and fire tonight, making sure they werent swayed.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Knowing sem's role, if he is mafia, he needs to die.

#vote sem

The next story you'll be telling will be in hell.

Check rm and fire tonight, making sure they werent swayed.
^ If pickles is telling the truth here (and I feel that he might be), and under the assumption that storytellers cannot be neutral (the roles post only mentions being swayed from between innocent and mafia), that would mean that Sem's independent claim is a lie.

If this is the case, we have to be careful. They've already had the opportunity to persuade one person, and they will have another chance today.
Be vigilant. I think that they were successful in their first attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.