hi i'll do it
Server IP: zero.minr.org
Who are we?
We are minecraft's 3rd oldest server and the oldest dedicated challenge and parkour server in the world. Our map dates over 10 years and our server has had an uptime of 99%. We have over 500 challenges which will keep you occupied for months. All of our challenges have been created by our member base who have completed our Hardcore maps. You yourself could one day be creating a challenge for our server, if you ever achieve the green membership rank.
I’m inMrs Claus emerges from behind the wooden doors. “The Boss will see you now”, she says with a wink. The Chief Elf takes a deep breath – it’s their first year on the job, and Santa has only just woken up from his slumber. The elf enters the office and gets ready to hear exciting tales from the big guy – stories of jolly sleigh rides and merry snowball fights and warm cups of hot cocoa by the fire. But in place of a smile is a deep frown on Santa’s face – something has gone horribly wrong.
“Friend”, Santa says as the Chief Elf takes a seat, “As you know, this year you’re in charge of keeping order in the workshop. Normally, this is an easy task – hell, our last Chief Elf spent most of last year in the lounge stuffing his face with mince pies! But this year, I’m afraid things won’t be so straightforward”.
The elf gasped – they were not prepared for this.
Santa continued, “I’ve been warned of a group of so-called “Mean Elves”. These pesky troublemakers are trying to put us out of business by disrupting our supply line – I knew I shouldn’t be importing all that oil from Norway!” He nearly slammed the table with his fist, but caught himself – he is Santa, after all. He sat up in his chair and readjusted his wolly hat. “What I need from you”, he began, “is to find these rebels and stop them from ruining Christmas. I’d do it myself, but I’m too old for this kind of malarkey. Besides, you could use the practice – maybe something like this will give you the confidence you need to lead”. The Chief Elf sat up and tried to mimic the face of a calm and composed officer, but it was no use. They were scared shitless. “Off you go”, said Santa, smiling that endearing grin of his. “We’re all counting on you”.
With that, the Chief Elf stumbled out of the office. They waited for the doors to slam shut behind them before they set off, half-walk, half-crawl, to their cabin at the back of the factory. After what felt like hours, the elf collapsed onto their bed and stuck their face deep into the pillow. “What have I gotten myself into”, they cried. “Where do I even begin?”
To be continued...
View attachment 7807
Ho ho hello!
Welcome to Minr Mafia XXVIII: Winter Wonderland! Myself and 0l are excited to share what we've been working on! In this post we'll go over the basics of the rules and setup, and give you folks an opportunity to sign up (the rules will be in the discord server, so don't worry about learning everything just yet).
As this is a Minr Mafia game, all Minr Mafia rules apply. They can be found here. In addition, we ask that you:
1. Avoid personal attacks or bigotry.
2. Don't edit or delete any messages unless to fix language/grammar mistakes (trust me, we'll know).
3. Only discuss the game in this server's text channels (no discussing the game in voice chat WHATSOEVER).
4. Don't quote private messages from the hosts (paraphrasing is allowed).
5. Don't forget to submit your votes/actions/letters!
6. Have a merry ol' time.
If you've never played mafia before, we recommend playing through this short guide. Our setup has many similarities and a few differences compared to past Minr Mafia games, which I'll go over now:
As per usual, this will be a game of an informed minority versus an uninformed majority.
1. Nice Elves are the town faction. They make up the majority of players and are not told who else is in their faction. To win, this faction must eliminate all roles that oppose them.
2. Mean Elves are the mafia faction. They are a small minority of players that begin the game knowing who each other are and have their own private text channel. To win, this faction must eliminate all roles that oppose them.
3. Selfish Elves are neutral. They have no faction, and their win conditions vary from role to role.
Each player will be assigned a role, and each role includes an alignment (faction) and ability. A vague and inspecific role list will be released this weekend.
This game alternates between two phases (if you find the names confusing just think of it as a normal day/night cycle).
1. The Work Phase (day) lasts 24 hours. During this phase, players can communicate over work, write a letter, and fire one player.
2. The Leisure Phase (night) also lasts 24 hours. During this phase, elves are free to roam around and do whatever they need to do. All text chats with the exception of the Mean Elf chat are closed, and players must submit their abilities.
3. All actions/votes/letters are locked in every phase at 7PM GMT and we'll try to make an announcement and start the next phase at 8PM GMT.
So... Santa's Workshop® has run into some financial difficulties, and we might need to lay off some elves. This is of course a troubling topic, and in order to make it fair, we have decided to put this up to a vote! Every work phase, you have the opportunity to fire one elf (the fired elves aren't lynched, that wouldn't be in the holiday spirit )
1. At the start of the work phase, every player's vote is placed on themselves.
2. Players can move their votes at any time. However, this change will be logged (i.e. other people can see everyone you've voted for) and they cannot vote for no-one (it's a must-lynch system, at first).
This game uses an original "post office" mechanic.
1. Discord DMs are strictly disallowed.
2. A letter is a message addressed to a single player, and although everyone can write letters, you can only write them during the work phase, and you can only write one per work phase.
3. Each player has a text channel within the server, accessible only by them, where they can write letters. These letters are delivered by us, and are not delivered until the start of the next work phase. Think of it like an actual post office, where letters are delivered every morning.
4. Every leisure phase, the evil Mail Elf (the only role we're confirming will be in the game) is given a list of every letter sent, including the sender and recipient, but not the contents. They can choose to open and read the contents of one of the letters. The opened letter is delivered to its target, and the target is not informed it has been opened.
5. Every leisure phase, each player is given a list of all letters sent to them so far. The list contains the sender and phase sent, but not the contents. Each player can choose to open just one of the letters sent to them. They will receive the full contents of the letter the next work phase. Letters stack up, so you can open a letter you ignored one phase the next work phase if you'd like.
The game ends when a faction or neutral role has eliminated all opposition from the game, or when such a victory is inevitable.
1. The game will begin on Wednesday, December 1st (one week from today).
2. Sign-up is open to all ranks.
3. The game will be run over a Discord server, so you must have a Discord account to play. The invite link will be posted here this weekend.
4. To sign up, just comment below.
5. Sign-ups end on Monday, November 29th. This is so that we have time to assign roles.
6. We aim to accomodate everybody, but we may close sign-ups early if we get too many players.
Participants (will be updated over time)
We hope you folks'll enjoy playing the game as much as we did making it!