• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mobile App

D4rkSly

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 23, 2021
Hello all,

I recently became greenie, and i wanna do really big projects and things for this server.
And as a full stack developer, i want to ask permission to the staff to create a mobile app on behalf of the server and the community.

I have huge projects and usages with this idea that could step up the game for everyone in the community.
And with this, the current ideas that i have so far for the app are:
  • A catalog that presents the available maps for the community splitted into categories with all the info about them like color difficulty, date of release, name, thumbnails, galery with pictures of the map and even a synopse of the map if people want to do.
  • Possibility to add voice acting stories to the maps, so that people can enjoy the story while playing and listening to it. And, of course, hearing a story with ambience is better then reading text.
  • Maybe integrate puzzles that have to be decifered in the app, to discover information needed to solve the map.
  • Possibility to show a map (real one, from top view) of the map so people can guide themselves on big environments.
  • This is probably too ambicius and if done will not be at the start, but create a loggable app that allows for each one to keep track of the progress on the overall completion and detailed statistics (That would probably require some kind of API to connect the app to the MC account to track the information on the account)
  • Maybe also show some useful info like ranking system and the story of the server, etc..
Those are just ideas that i had in a few days.
If this project goes foward i would really like to get feedback and suggestions from everyone!

My idea is to make the app available to everyone and the information shown in the app be postable in real time with some API integrations.
But overall i want to make the adaptations to the maps as easy as possible so everyone can create or add those functionalities without having to know nothing about coding or having too much trouble dealing with it.

KittyCatElite

Active Player
Mod
Jul 30, 2020
A catalog that presents the available maps and especially detailed statistics sound amazing !! I love to see that type of stuff and it should work really well as there's no super convenient way to do it without scrolling through commands. Your other ideas really show how well you thought this out. You would definitely have to get permissions and such but its a big +1 from me!

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Hey Dark, I’m getting my bachelors in CS in the fall, focusing on the front end. If you want any help, let me know!

I wonder if the app could read data from the server’s files itself. With Ricky’s permission, of course.

D4rkSly

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 23, 2021
@KittyCatElite Well, for starters maybe I could just develop the app without integration with MC commands like the catalog idea, so i don't need those kind of permissions, and if the app turns out good, maybe the integrations step up.. Who knows.. this thing can go wild in various ways!

Sure @modern! I don't know if CS is gonna be used for the app since CS is a style integration for WebSites but i can take all the help i can get!

The project will be open source (probably on git), so everyone can Pull Request their wanted changes!

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I think by CS he means Computer Science. You might be thinking of CSS?
Also, while direct server integration is something that we think could be cool, we do not have an API to connect to the server with so that is currently not feasible.

D4rkSly

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 23, 2021
Yeah, i was confusing with CSS.
Regarding the server, if it does not have an API, the integrations that require user's input will not be used.
But there is still a ton of good uses for the app, as I said before, the first 4 topics of the discussion can be done publicly with only information provided manually

modern

not yet the future
Mod
Jun 13, 2020
Couldn't you also get the information through a discord bot?
that’s a great point, there’s already a Minr discord bit that can pull all that information you’re looking for. All you’d have to do is get the code for that. Not sure if that’s going to be available though, the closed source nature of the Minr code is important.

And yeah, I meant Computer Science. I know a little bit more than just CSS ;)

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The discord bot won't help as it's not a separate entity.

On a related note, chat messages aren't API so don't parse them thx

I don't think you'd be able to retrieve any information about the server programmatically beyond the server list ping. You could crowdsource the data, but you'd have to set up your own API to query yourself (because you don't want to update the app for each map that is published).

D4rkSly

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 23, 2021
Yeah @CreepaShadowz , i was already thinking on doing that... i wanted to do 2 repositories, one for the source code of the app and another for the content of the app that is going to be readable without the necessity of updating it on the store.

That is why I said that I wanted people to be confortable putting content into it, since the code would be on a separate repo.