• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

More trophies & more titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
As I said in http://forums.minr.org/threads/how-do-you-earn-trophy-points.1177
Would it be possible to include more titles? It's a bit odd when everyone below Mod rank is either a Peon or a New Fish.
As for trophy suggestions I think there should be something that isn't likes and posted messages. Perhaps it would be interesting (if it's possible) to add trophies for Articles? Most articles are for maps.
So let's say posting an article is like the "First message" trophy you get, getting a review based on the 1-5 star system also gives some trophy points, for example getting a 5 star from someone is a trophy on it's own, etc etc
So we've got it all settled. Now all we need is suggestions for new trophies and new titles.
If you plan on suggesting, start your post with either
[Trophy Suggestion]
or
[Title Suggestion]

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
@Chillers Just making sure you know this thread is here.

[Rating Suggestion]
If possible, it might be nice to change how the points work a little. I'd love it if there was a rating for something that was confusing. Similarly, there are doubles of ratings that convey the same point.

[Trophy Suggestion]
I don't really have a suggestion here, I just wanted to suggest you stay away from more post-related trophies that would inflate the already spam-filled forum at the moment.

[Title Suggestion]
When we're talking about titles, are we referring to the words directly below a user's name, or the colored bar? If the former, why not just give everyone the ability to edit their own as they wish? If the second, get rid of New Fish and replace it with Blues and Whities. I'd also add a bar for regulars of Starmade.

Last edited:

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
The former.
The blues and whities would be difficult to pull off. Someone would have to change people's permissions if they are blue. There are more blues than greens. Changing each one of their ranks will be a nightmare.

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
You're talking trophy ideas which arent related to amounts of posts? Except for the X amount of likes, make one for X amount of agrees, cookies, funny, winner etc. The stats are already there, on your profile page :)

(and how about Given X amount of <rating> ?)

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
This would make people spam <rating> on posts, which is not a good feedback for the persons post.
Not really. You can't rate your own forum posts, and it would be painfully obvious if someone started rating another person's posts all over.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Not really. You can't rate your own forum posts, and it would be painfully obvious if someone started rating another person's posts all over.
We already have this thing with "received <x> likes", so I thought sky meant that someone "GIVES" a certain amount of ratings, instead of receiving them.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Personally, I've never really agreed with these types of systems on forums. They usually just encourage spamming until everyone has them.
Xen foro actually has options for trophies to users whos comments are rated highly, not just post count.

@Chillers Just making sure you know this thread is here.

[Rating Suggestion]
If possible, it might be nice to change how the points work a little. I'd love it if there was a rating for something that was confusing. Similarly, there are doubles of ratings that convey the same point.

[Trophy Suggestion]
I don't really have a suggestion here, I just wanted to suggest you stay away from more post-related trophies that would inflate the already spam-filled forum at the moment.

[Title Suggestion]
When we're talking about titles, are we referring to the words directly below a user's name, or the colored bar? If the former, why not just give everyone the ability to edit their own as they wish? If the second, get rid of New Fish and replace it with Blues and Whities. I'd also add a bar for regulars of Starmade.
1. Yes more ratings can be added.

2. Spam filled forum? I don't see much spam.

3. Titles refer to.where it says Peon. The coloured bar is permission groups. I wanted to prevent users from misusing the titles.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Xen foro actually has options for trophies to users whos comments are rated highly, not just post count.
Then yes, in that case either make new trophies or change the current ones to lean towards post quality (amount of high rantins)
Another thing which I mentioned in the other thread is article trophies. There won't be article spam. Articles are generally centered around either FFA/FFA+/HC maps or server guidelines/rules. Unless someone does a qata and starts making 3 maps per day, zero article spam is guaranteed.

[Title Suggestion]
Maybe instead of "adding" titles, allow the greens to create their own titles, much like the Mods can now.
That works.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
In reference to forgots comment on spam. When he says spam, generally that refers to the game forum posts. If you look at most of the games, they don't have much to them, causing forum games like this or that to have a huge amount of posts with virtually no information in any of those posts. Where as if you look at something like minr mafia, you generally get thoughtful posts regarding the games.

Its not spam like you'd see on the server its people like freakworld who has the 4th most forum posts but comparatively not that many positive ratings, due to a large portion of his posts being in games threads like this or that. (i do not mean to pick on freakworld or the thread this or that, they were just good examples)

Last edited:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
One way we delt with such things on the OP2 forum was to make the games/offtopic section posts not count towards your overall post count. Not to say that it's a solution for every community, but the fact that we do have a community with a lot of younger members, the propensity for spam-methods of gaining post count is higher.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
One way we delt with such things on the OP2 forum was to make the games/offtopic section posts not count towards your overall post count.
Chillers said this is possible in a previous post, so it's a decent solution.
Although, as Distinct said you have forum games like the topics I've made, which are generally time wasting, and then there are forum games like MM which are actually entertaining and worth looking at. Disabling post count for both may seem a bit unfair to those who actually look to post in the latter type of forum games.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Chillers said this is possible in a previous post, so it's a decent solution.
Although, as Distinct said you have forum games like the topics I've made, which are generally time wasting, and then there are forum games like MM which are actually entertaining and worth looking at. Disabling post count for both may seem a bit unfair to those who actually look to post in the latter type of forum games.
One way we delt with such things on the OP2 forum was to make the games/offtopic section posts not count towards your overall post count. Not to say that it's a solution for every community, but the fact that we do have a community with a lot of younger members, the propensity for spam-methods of gaining post count is higher.

Trophies work off a points system, so literally it could be set so that reach 10 likes and get 50 points etc.

There are also many many other options for trophies such as recieving points if you are a greenie on the forum say - 100

Like i said if you all combine a list of trophies titles i'll remove the generic titles and intergrate the new ones with likes instead of posts.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Trophies work off a points system, so literally it could be set so that reach 10 likes and get 50 points etc.

There are also many many other options for trophies such as recieving points if you are a greenie on the forum say - 100

Like i said if you all combine a list of trophies titles i'll remove the generic titles and intergrate the new ones with likes instead of posts.
Right.
[Trophy Suggestions]
(1)

In my opinion at least, getting a trophy for being a green is a good alternative. Why? Because getting green is an achievement on it's own. You've beaten hardcore after so much hard work. No one ever said the trophies have to be completely related to the forums, they can also be related to server achievements.
(2)
As I've said before, the Articles are generally related to maps on zero. If possible, a trophy for creating a map (or X amount of maps) would be nice. Again, there's no reason someone would spam it unless they are complete trolls, which the greenie community doesn't have (a lot of).
(3)
Last one. I believe this is the best one. On Steam, there are achievements like "2 years of service" etc. Those who have been with the forum for a year (or X amount of years), should get a trophy as well. And a possible [Title Suggestion] which would be (sorry dannn) the "Old Fish" title.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Right.
[Trophy Suggestions]
(1)

In my opinion at least, getting a trophy for being a green is a good alternative. Why? Because getting green is an achievement on it's own. You've beaten hardcore after so much hard work. No one ever said the trophies have to be completely related to the forums, they can also be related to server achievements.
(2)
As I've said before, the Articles are generally related to maps on zero. If possible, a trophy for creating a map (or X amount of maps) would be nice. Again, there's no reason someone would spam it unless they are complete trolls, which the greenie community doesn't have (a lot of).
(3)
Last one. I believe this is the best one. On Steam, there are achievements like "2 years of service" etc. Those who have been with the forum for a year (or X amount of years), should get a trophy as well. And a possible [Title Suggestion] which would be (sorry dannn) the "Old Fish" title.

1. Trophy points for being green is fine but then mods and admins would suffer not having them unless it was included for ops etc. We're limited on server achievement trophy points as there is only limited options.

2. Can't be done there are no features to intergrate trophy points for articles unfortunately.

3. Can be done.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
1. Trophy points for being green is fine but then mods and admins would suffer not having them unless it was included for ops etc. We're limited on server achievement trophy points as there is only limited options.

2. Can't be done there are no features to intergrate trophy points for articles unfortunately.

3. Can be done.
1) Not really. In my opinion getting a staff rank is a lot different from getting green. Why? Because getting green requires a lot of actual parkour, thinking and solving mazes.
Getting mod doesn't require any general working (building,parkour,solving mazes, thinking), it just requires you to have some (or all) standards which you ops have set. Same can be said for the op rank.
2) Alright, we can put one idea in the trash. Oh well....
3) Sweet. If you and other people agree to it, there's no reason why it shouldn't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.