• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Moving Mazes Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahnarli

Active Player
Greenie
May 18, 2020
After playing through moving mazes with GrammasFavorite, one of the things we noticed is that this map is not really a co-op map at all. The big issue I see is the player who is running around through the maze. They aren't really doing anything. Since the player at the top is the one who has the controls, and the player at the bottom can't even see the whole map around them, they don't really do anything, and can't even really help the person directing them, especially since the best strategy is to have them stand in certain places until they can be moved, or they will just get in the way. It's nice that players switch back and forth, but that's just really handing over the joystick of who gets to play. We see a small amount of both players getting to do things at once in the 3rd level, but other than that its just a solo map that players alternate playing. I would actually love to see this map as a solo map in which a single player can also move a dummy around (I actually don't think that would be too hard to implement), or make it in some way that the player below is the only one who can see the map, and the player with the controls can't actually see the whole maze at all, but has limited or nonexistent vision of the maze. All that said, I actually like the map, the idea and execution are excellent, I just think that it actually suffers by being a co-op map with the current design.

Kosmo93

FPS limiter
Greenie
Jul 25, 2020
I 100% agree with you. Exactly my thoughts.
(post just to emphasize the opinion, because i don't think just to "like" the post is enough

Edit: 100% idle time for the player on the ground except moving to a intermediate position. He just can't give any valuable input to the upper player. (except level 3, but that wasn't enough, still downtime for the player on the ground)

Last edited:

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
Idk I had a lot of fun playing this, I definitely see what you are saying, but there was still a decent bit of communication between me and Kimbos

Bahnarli

Active Player
Greenie
May 18, 2020
Idk I had a lot of fun playing this, I definitely see what you are saying, but there was still a decent bit of communication between me and Kimbos
It's possible that other people will communicate more than we did, especially if one person gets a grasp of some of the concepts faster than the other player. I noticed that when Grammas and I did it though, we chatted the whole time, but the main communication was just telling the other person where to stand or when to move, I don't think the person on the ground helps very much unless the person on top doesn't really know what they're doing.

Mercata

Nightmare Connoisseur
Greenie
Jul 20, 2020
Just happened to watch CaptainSparklez do a "single player co-op" map with a dummy switch-off mechanic and I think this would be a perfect fit for Moving Mazes:

Status
Not open for further replies.