• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Plugin Suggestion by Chillers

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
This is an automated message from the Plugin Suggestion form.

Chillers has made a suggestion for zero.minr.org

Plugin Name: Dynmap

URL: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1286593-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft

Reasons for suggestions: I suggested this plugin a while back but nothing ever came of it. So i've decided to suggest it again. It would make for a much more interesting webtool for Zero to be able to view people on the server, thier locations, what they are saying and to be able to chat to them. It would also be a great tool to list point of interest. I'm not sure if this would be compatable but it's worth a look, i've used it on the tekkit server and I loved it. It allowed me to engage with players anywhere and view the map. It may take some time to scan zero using this mod but it would be a great addition.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
The thing that scares me is how much resources it costs. I don't know if it costs thát much, but our map is fairly huge. To keep that updated at realtime might be too much.

Aside from that, there's also the thing with certain projects that want to remain 'secret'. If everyone is able to just see where anyone is, might be a little bit annoying for a few.

I myself would prefer an occasional map like the one C made, which gets updated every 2 months or something, to ensure 'privacy' of certain projects, and to give us the global view of the map again.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
*shows up in ninja garb* the secrets must remain!
*throws smoke bomb*

I would like to see a map back in place, but as one of said players who has projects of a stealthy nature I would prefer one that doesn't give away where the project is.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
-.- do I really have to explain again why I don't find those jokes funny and just plIn insulting when directed towards me?

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Ehh, I can't speak for the plugin because I don't know how much resources it depends on, but I'd really really really like to see the map we have updated every X amount of time. The current one hasn't been updated since 2013. I'm assuming c_dric is still the only person who can do that, but it would still be nice to have.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
I tried a certain mapping tool: "mapcrafter", which produces something similar to what C had (example: http://maps.mapcrafter.org/CraftingAzeroth/#AzerothDay), however, this turned my 12MB map into a 125MB mapping. Zero is somewhere around 12GB big, and a 125GB mapping wouldn't be easy to host somewhere. I'll see if I can find a way to reduce this thing in size, but I'm not sure if I will be able to. Then the next problem arises: hosting it somewhere similar to where C hosted it, and making it viewable.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Currently the forum is still hosted on c_drics personal hosting. I assume it wouldn't be much of a problem to use his hosting for this.

Also i don't think I explained it well enough, Dynmap is not just real time although it does have the option. we of course would do manual renders from time to time which is easily done through server command, what is real time is peoples locations and speech. This works in conjunction with vanish no packet and we will be able to give commands to greenies+ such as:
  • /dynmap hide: Hides the player from the map.
Dynmap Commands list
This will run much smoother than c_drics map it also allows you to see the nether and change the views.

Here is an example of the map in action.

In regards, to hidden areas flags can be set to block off certain areas of the map.

I didn't encounter any massive lag whilst using this on the tekkit server and that was a budget server, but worst case scenario we;re looking at some "minr" downtime maybe 5 hours tops once every couple of months. (see what i did there?)

There are settings for performance or quality. At the end of the day i suppose the best option is to trial it.

Last edited:

c_dric

Tinkering boomer
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Dynmap looked like an interesting plugin at the time but i didn't use it because, back then, it had to run on the same machine as the game server.

- I wanted to keep the game server on its own dedicated hosting. That's why all the web stuff (forum, maps, backup and such) were on a separate hosting.

- Most plugins are not developed, nor tested on a map as big and old as Zero. Most of a time those are tested on new & mostly empty maps. As Ricky pointed out, running a mapping or backup plugin on the game server could produce significant lag in game.

- Running a web application on the game server could allow people to create lag on the game server by ddos-ing the web server by constantly reloading the web app manually or via a script.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Would it be possible to render a map from a server backup file? If so, having a map that updated monthly from a copy of a backup might work

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
That very much is possible (I think), my problem is hosting. If C can rehost these updated maps every so many time, that would be a good option. (I can just download the backupfiles via pscp and convert it on my pc, so we dont slow down the gameserver)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
If it weren't for the facts that I have had no actual communication with my host in years and I'm not paying for my site, I'd be willing to try to host it. As the situation is, though, I don't even feel comfortable editing the pages because I don't know if the space I'm using is causing him issues.