• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Server Records;Time

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
I agree, it would be a nice touch to add this in for the speedrunners. There could be your own personal records as well as a server record, which would provide a nice incentive to replay maps over and over in hopes of beating the server record.

(Also, you could have filed this under plugin suggestions on the main forum menu, but it's fine. :p)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I can see a few potential problems with implementing it. Getting the basic information wouldn't be all that difficult since it's just searching for specific terms within the server logs. However, the search is rather resource intensive. To give a general idea, let's take the example of pulling the logs for a specific player. For someone who has been on the server a week, it's fairly quick. The longer a player has been on the server, the more data there is to pull. For every hit on the player's name, all the data within that log entry line has to be copied to the file that is created. This process takes up RAM and processor cores while it is being executed. For a record system, you could take this log file and search for the start and finish points of a specific map. However, you need to set up the search so that it recognizes a case where the player gave up on the course and then went back to it. So, pulling this information on the fly is a bit impractical.

So, let's look at a second option: pulling the raw data from the server in the same stream that creates the full logs and putting it into a database. This makes it less resource-intensive for accessing the data since it is already sorted and ready for access. However, you are trading this for the additional storage space it takes up. Considering that we get new players and maps "all the time", this space will increase over time, just as the logs do. I don't know how much space is currently used on the server drives, but from reviewing logs, I would say a database like this could potentially take up 15 to 20% of the space that the server logs do.

If someone can think of a more efficient method, I would love to hear it. It could save me some space with some of my experiments.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
I actually tested this on zero, a timing system that worked for multiple people, held theirs times until they reset it and stuff. Only problem was that everyone could see the scoreboard. I might have been able to refine it.

Also was that it ran off a constant clock that activates 10 times a second.

So all you would have to do is keep the chunks loaded. I don't feel like it would impact on the lag, but I'm not the one making that call.

This is what I based it (copied mainly) off:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Theoretically we could also add something to the checkpoint plugin which starts a timer when you hit a checkpoint. (This will only add up an integer every tick, per player, which shouldn't be that resource intensive (there's also the possibility of extending that time it ticks)). In the case you hit the endpoint, your timer is saved. Would you leave the server (too?). in the case that you click a new checkpoint/respawn at your checkpoint the timer is restarted. Thinking of which, multicheckpoint maps would cause to be a problem.

I've also attempted at making the /checkpoint ffa command somewhat userfriendly, but it still causes some bugs (and introduces a new command). Which would be (still open for change) /checkpoint map <map-code> <points> <map-name>
This way it stores the mapcode with the amount of points rewarded and the name of the map, so if you do /checkpoint ffa it would display every map with it's code, pointvalue and full name. In this case, we could also add the timevalue. So it would display the name, code, points and timevalue for that player. (Will add a page stystem too if I ever pick up the work)

@Creeper2685 I believe in 1.8 there are teamspecific playerboars (may be in 1.7) so if you add everyone to a certain team in a different map, it would only be visible for those in the team/map. /scoreboard <objective> setdisplay sidebar.team.<teamcolor> Instead of just sidebar :)
Also 10 ticks per second, times the hundreds of maps we have may result in over 1000 ticks per second. And it apperantly spams the console as we figured out a while ago. But that can be fixed by setting the /gamerule logAdminCommands false. That will hinder all the admin commands(including the commandblocks) to show up in the server console, but I have no idea how it will hinder the logs. Hopefully it doesn't but it could.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Theoretically we could also add something to the checkpoint plugin which starts a timer when you hit a checkpoint. (This will only add up an integer every tick, per player, which shouldn't be that resource intensive (there's also the possibility of extending that time it ticks)). In the case you hit the endpoint, your timer is saved. Would you leave the server (too?). in the case that you click a new checkpoint/respawn at your checkpoint the timer is restarted. Thinking of which, multicheckpoint maps would cause to be a problem.
And that is why I love working with other people. Fairly simple solution using existing tools with a modest increase in calculating resources. Still needs data storage, but Using the checkpoint plugin would probably allow it to be injected into the player data files.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I can see a few potential problems with implementing it. Getting the basic information wouldn't be all that difficult since it's just searching for specific terms within the server logs. However, the search is rather resource intensive. To give a general idea, let's take the example of pulling the logs for a specific player. For someone who has been on the server a week, it's fairly quick. The longer a player has been on the server, the more data there is to pull. For every hit on the player's name, all the data within that log entry line has to be copied to the file that is created. This process takes up RAM and processor cores while it is being executed. For a record system, you could take this log file and search for the start and finish points of a specific map. However, you need to set up the search so that it recognizes a case where the player gave up on the course and then went back to it. So, pulling this information on the fly is a bit impractical.

So, let's look at a second option: pulling the raw data from the server in the same stream that creates the full logs and putting it into a database. This makes it less resource-intensive for accessing the data since it is already sorted and ready for access. However, you are trading this for the additional storage space it takes up. Considering that we get new players and maps "all the time", this space will increase over time, just as the logs do. I don't know how much space is currently used on the server drives, but from reviewing logs, I would say a database like this could potentially take up 15 to 20% of the space that the server logs do.

If someone can think of a more efficient method, I would love to hear it. It could save me some space with some of my experiments.

It would be far better to have a webpage that displays the data instead. Especially if the data is stored in an sql database. Running simple query would be pretty quick and effective especially if the data is hosted on a separate server.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
That makes me think about the app again, I wish making apps for IOS was free, and since I don't have an android phone.. darn, I could've made that app..

Anyhow, I finished cleaning up the /checkpoint ffa command. I'll be posting the updated plugin after I've figured out how to do the timing. Any suggestions how we would go about multicheckpointed maps?

Last edited:

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
You could add a extra tag to the checkpoints so like the first cp would be like TimerStart

and the end could be like TimerFinish.

The midcps would have those tags.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Not that shit please, it's what were doing in the IT course at school right now and just reading it makes me cry.
It's a good thing you are learning it because tonnes of businesses use them. I wish my IT course taught me this stuff as a kid. The only thing it taught us is how to use, word excel and office.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Plugin works as far as I know, it may just need testing from multiple players. Will post it in the devforum later today.
It requires a hellload of scriptblocking though, since not every single [checkpointW] should start a timer, and not every [checkpointP] should stop it.

Command updates:
Non-op commands:
/checkpoint ffa - Displays your FFA list in a revamped way :)
/checkpoint ffa <page> - Displays your FFA list in a revamped way (if your FFA list is larger than 8 entries, it goes to a different page)
/checkpoint ffa <playername> <page> - Displays <playername>'s FFA list in a revamped way
/checkpoint ffa <map-code> - Displays if you have completed the map by mapcode.

Op commands:
/checkpoint map <map-code> <points> <map-name> - Maps the map-code to a specific amount of points and a mapname
/checkpoint map delete <map-code> - removes <map-code> from the mapping list.
/checkpoint map list - Lists all mappings (not in a userfriendly manner.. heh)

/checkpoint timer start - Starts a timer, should be scriptblocked on every starting checkpoint sign.
/checkpoint timer stop <map-code> - Stops the timer using a mapcode, should be scriptblocked on every endsign
/checkpoint timer list <map-code> - Displays the top 3 times with the player that completed it.

Note that when scriptblocking, it should bypass the normal commandexecutions, so it requires the tag @bypass. (Of course this plugin isn't there yet, so we can't do that yet, but when the time comes.. :))

Just gotta clean up the code a little more, comment stuff for readability, and then I I'll post it.

Also - if you beat a map twice, the better time stays, obviously.

If no op wishes to map every single map, I can also premake the mapping file :)

Update: Posted

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
It might be better if you actually scripted the /checkpoint timer start to for example, a Redstone block NEAR the beginning of the map. I think this should be done because several maps like, 'Napped, Wretched Earth, etc. have a starting area, usually with those really annoying piston doors.

So like for 'Napped, it could be at the start of the parkour (you need to get the foof first) and Wretched could have it as soon as you fall into the house.

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
Is Scriptblock even updating to 1.8? We may have to get a Minr member to update it themselves, as far as I know Scriptblock wasn't an active plugin.