• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Shortcut Abusement in maps to get times.

What should be a punishment for this, considering how out-of-hand this has gotten in some maps?

• Warning

• Hour Tempban

• Times reset

• Points reset

• Map time reset/knockdown

• Rebeat map

Results are only viewable after voting.

TENNK001

New Fish
Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
"Another problem that follows on from this and that I may as well bring up now is mapmakers who (often intentionally) add shortcuts to their maps and then exploit them in order that they can achieve the top times on their own map. I've seen this happen a couple of times and it perhaps raises another question of how to tackle that. Perhaps mapmakers shouldn't be able to submit times for their own maps."

^ I completely disagree with this. One of the best parts of making a map is when you get to actually play it for real on the server. I suggest having a special group of players specifically dedicated to testing map submissions maybe. Because to be honest, it's the staff's fault to accept a map with a huge shortcut like that, the only exception would be if it's completely hidden, in that case just do a map reset in times and it'll be set.

Thats all I can think of currently for this discussion. I hope I was at least some sort of help here.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Last but not least, you need to set a line between what you can or cannot do, because sometimes I find a shortcut that'll skip 5 seconds off the map, for example, the one on Blockville that Zatharel fixed today, and I'll be uncertain of whether or not it's okay to take. In this case, apparently it wasn't.
This would be hard since shortcuts are generally dealt on a case-by-case basis. Just use your judgement, if you are unsure, ask staff.

"Another problem that follows on from this and that I may as well bring up now is mapmakers who (often intentionally) add shortcuts to their maps and then exploit them in order that they can achieve the top times on their own map. I've seen this happen a couple of times and it perhaps raises another question of how to tackle that. Perhaps mapmakers shouldn't be able to submit times for their own maps."

^ I completely disagree with this. One of the best parts of making a map is when you get to actually play it for real on the server. I suggest having a special group of players specifically dedicated to testing map submissions maybe. Because to be honest, it's the staff's fault to accept a map with a huge shortcut like that, the only exception would be if it's completely hidden, in that case just do a map reset in times and it'll be set.

Thats all I can think of currently for this discussion. I hope I was at least some sort of help here.
This isn't okay on any level. Designing a map with a secret path to get a top time that only you could obviously know shouldn't be accepted.

On the subject of dedicated players for testing maps, it is just easier to open up map testing to greens+ (as it is now). Even with this, some maps languish on the board.

Final note: How is it the staff's fault to accept a map with a massive shortcut? They are human, they don't spend their time looking for shortcuts in maps. It is pretty much expected that greens report shortcuts. The blame shouldn't fall on the staff, but those who abuse them.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013

In some cases the shortcut wasn't around when the map was published, but made for a few minutes just to get the top time, and removed quickly after.

You can imagine it as if the mapmaker starts the timer and builds/mines his way to the end directly, without doing any of the intended route.

We are already testing map submissions and reviewing them extensively, and in both cases there was no such shortcut available at all.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
We do test map submissions on the board and we do patch any obvious shortcuts we find during that period. Some maps in FFA were built prior to our review system and the shortcuts were never found because they never went through it, that's exactly why we want players reporting these shortcuts rather than abusing them.

But I'd also like to clear up that the staff are not robots and you can't expect us to be able to locate every single issue that exists in a map, or on the server in general. We do try our best to give you the best experience, but with the amount of things we have to control, I don't think it's fair to blame us if we miss something. Other than being volunteers at MINR we do have our own lives and we do have to spend time on them, and, however much we may love this community, life is a far bigger priority.

TENNK001

New Fish
Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Guys just want to point out, my The Portal time was legit, no shortcuts used at all. (There is a shortcut however, but it is insanely hard to do to the point where its not even worth trying).

I'm only saying this because I don't want my time reset AGAIN, as last time on Blockville it was mistaken that I used a shortcut, although I didn't.