• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

The future of MINR (Zero is back!)

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
So, approximately half an hour ago, I managed to iron out the last of the major problems that I was having with the server, and MINR appears to be up and running again on a new server that I have purchased. I wanted to put as many questions you all might have into a single post/thread about what is and isn't changing.

What happened to C?
C_dric found himself unable to continue running the server for undisclosed reasons, and left Chillers and myself with the files to setup MINR again. I paid for a server and currently have restored the server to 1.7.9.

Why not 1.8?
I was lucky enough for this to happen over my spring break, and found myself in a position where I could work on restoring the server and devote a lot of time to learning the back-end of running a server. I wanted to upgrade to 1.8, but wanted to prioritize revival over upgrading. I'll look into upgrading and setting up others with proper access to the console when I find myself with more free time.

Will donations be needed to keep the server running?
Of course not! One of MINR's greatest features is that there is no pressure for donations to keep the server running. If that day ever comes, we will look towards the staff before asking anyone else to donate.

What is changing?
Nothing really. All Rules/Ranks/Maps/Systems (HC) will remain in place as they were before.

NOTE: In the files C left, the list of opped players was lost. The in game bPermissions rank/orange color is still there, but Ops will need to be re-oped. Please message me on the forums or skype and I will Re-op you.

Where is the server hosted?
The server has moved from being hosted in Europe to the East Cost of the USA.

What Happens to you now?
I'm still figuring that part out. In the loosest sense of the word, I'm now the owner, but MINR has become something that is bigger than any one of us, and the same loyal team of staff that has run the server for years will continue to keep the server we know and love running. I'll be turning over control of FFA+ and HC to Yeroc, but will work closely with him on the Work-In-Progress HC designs I had before this transition happened. I also plan to work with Ricky on moving the server up to 1.8 in the near-future.

I've got big shoes to fill, and there will be bumps along the way, but I'm sure that they will be overcome.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

(It is my understanding that) Chillers will redirect zero to the server's new IP at his earliest convince. Until then message me or an admin for the direct IP if you do not want to wait.

Thanks for reading, long live Zero, and long live MINR!
-AJ

Edit- Turns out that FFA points might have disappeared. Will look into it tomorrow.
Edit2- Everyone lost their checkpoints...this could be problematic.
Edit3- It has been a long day, get the IP from an admin or someone that already has it, I need sleep.

Last edited:

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Like AJ mentioned there will be bumps a long the way. There may be infrequent downtime whilst we iron our the creases.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
The minr checkpoint plugin was outdated, hence the loss of points and checkpoints.
Just a quick tip: do not complete a map, or maybe even set your checkpoint, as you will then add a named piece of data to the file, then when we update again, it can convert to the UUID, and either overwrite your previous data, or you'd have two instances of yourself, which may end up throwing out unwanted inconsistencies.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
The minr checkpoint plugin was outdated, hence the loss of points and checkpoints.
Just a quick tip: do not complete a map, or maybe even set your checkpoint, as you will then add a named piece of data to the file, then when we update again, it can convert to the UUID, and either overwrite your previous data, or you'd have two instances of yourself, which may end up throwing out unwanted inconsistencies.
We should be able to re-use the player backup files once we fix the issue.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Finally I'll have better ping!

Also, you guys seem to be counting c out already like its some guarantee he won't ever come back. Hell even if it was a financial reason for why he couldn't host the server, I'd be willing to be he shows up every now and again still.

Maybe not anytime soon but still :p

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
List of updates for today:

Checkpoints should now be correctly running again.
Users should now respawn at their last-set checkpoint.

Changed slots to 50.
Added original message text.
Minecraft server status is back on the home-page of the forum. (This caused a 1-2 hour crash, accidentally didn't put this on the right port, should be working now)

Next priority: get loggr working again.

Last edited:

Boske

Peon
Greenie
May 12, 2014
Thanks for taking up the task AJ!
Too bad my good ping will be gone now :(

I hope nothing serious happened to c?
It's a bit strange that he coudn't notify any of the staff that there was an issue.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
There's something I've always been curious about with latency: in some cases, a person lagging in a game makes them pretty much invulnerable, while in others it makes them die before they even know what's going on...does the case depend on the lag source or the game code?

Anywho, while zero is back, most of my plans are 1.8 dependant, so I will mainly be on to be a spooky ghost.