• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Thinking of starting another server

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
So i've recently been thinking about starting another server and possibly server community.

I loved running a tekkit server back in the day and I've often thought of giving it another go.

The thing I've really been struggling with is what kind of server should i make, i personally enjoyed playing tekkit and I've been looking at the latest tekkit release "Tekkit Legends". Unfortunately I've been too far out of the loop to realize what is popular these days, what mods are good and what's not.. And I've always found it hard to compare FTB and Tekkit.

So i guess my question is what kind of server should i look at making? FTB, Tekkit, Prison, Faction, pixelmon etc?

The odds are, if i do ever put together a new server it won't be affiliated with minr.org as the host will be in Australia and it will likely have donation options in order to keep the server self sufficient on costs. Although i will be seeing if minr mods and ops would like to help moderate and build the server/community. I'm pretty sure @jagman77 would be interested in this as he also resides here in Australia.

At the moment this is just an idea, although i have discussed with a personal friend who's an animator who would also be interested in the project and include his personalized artwork for the cause.

Of course, setting up a new server and community takes a lot of time, effort and money, the main issue i will have is time so it would be preferable to have a couple of back-end admins to watch over the server whilst i'm sleeping, one of which is also in a separate timezone.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

halex44

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
I would love to participate and be staff and help out if needed

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
As much as I would love to see a modded server again, my main issue with them is that they are VERY unbalanced. You get to a certain tech point in one mod, and all the others are suddenly next to no work, which (for me at least) removes all the fun from it.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
If there are problems with mods, I suggest trying the skyblock server again, out of all the servers I had the most fun on that one.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I don't know really. I'd like to help out but the problem that existed with play.minr.org and tek.minr.org (the one run by Destructo) was that there was really nothing to keep you interested. Even if you do create the server to be completely unrelated to Minr, there's still the problem of keeping people interested. There are so many modded servers and there are so many skyblock/factions/stufflikethat servers, and it is incredibly hard to create something that keeps people interested.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
As much as I would love to see a modded server again, my main issue with them is that they are VERY unbalanced. You get to a certain tech point in one mod, and all the others are suddenly next to no work, which (for me at least) removes all the fun from it.
Apparently this is not the case in the new tekkit, and of course certain items would be banned if they are overpowered.

If there are problems with mods, I suggest trying the skyblock server again, out of all the servers I had the most fun on that one.
What about if we did a mixture of both, tekkit skyblock?

I don't know really. I'd like to help out but the problem that existed with play.minr.org and tek.minr.org (the one run by Destructo) was that there was really nothing to keep you interested. Even if you do create the server to be completely unrelated to Minr, there's still the problem of keeping people interested. There are so many modded servers and there are so many skyblock/factions/stufflikethat servers, and it is incredibly hard to create something that keeps people interested.
Absolutely, it makes me wish i knew more about coding. The same would go for minecraft in general. Perhaps a mixture of features such as a tekkit world and skyblock world will add interest. That or we could create our own tekkit modpack. The best i can do is trial it for a few months.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Actually, creating a modpack wouldn't be a bad idea.
We would know what would be in it, and the community would be able to vote which mods would fit best.
Then we would be playing on a modpack that we, as a community, created, not just a prebuilt one.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
You need to remember though that the server will be hosted in Australia, this will not fair well for most minr players hence i won't be associating the server with minr.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
could use mystcraft, generate a sky islands world, use that as the "overworld", and restrict the use of the mod to staff to reduce the amount of server resources it uses.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
So i have created another tekkit server, running tekkit legends which is basically a modern remake of tekkit classic, I do not plan on releasing the ip until i have the basic setup installed with all plugins and a semi decent spawn, although i do have basic plugins installed and working but they are not yet tweaked.

Plugins include
Worldguard
World Border
World Edit
Voxel Sniper
No Lagg
Random TP
Essentials
Multiverse Core
Grief Prevention

I have yet to decide on a permissions plugin, it's a toss up betwen pex or zpermissions (i have more experience with pex)

Some items will be banned on the server to prevent abuse. Turtles will probably be enabled but only available for use in a separate world to prevent grief same goes for quarries.

At the current rate it may take a week or two before i go live as it will take a lot of setting up, then i'll invite minr players over to test and then open it up to the public.

Like I said before i will not be associating this server with minr as it will probably accept donations to help fund the server (undecided).

There will probably be a separate forum setup for this server. As for names, i'm currently thinking of either AusTek or EpicTek but any further suggestions would be welcome.

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
I would love a modded server, i think it would be great if it was kept online.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I would love a modded server, i think it would be great if it was kept online.
Its hosted so it will be online 24 / 7
Depending on how well this project goes and if donations progress I'll look into creating a custom modpack server.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Some items will be banned on the server to prevent abuse. Turtles will probably be enabled but only available for use in a separate world to prevent grief same goes for quarries.
Are going to disable just digging and mining turtles, or the whole lot cause they have a bunch of cool uses (that don't involving screwing up the world.)

Like I said before i will not be associating this server with minr as it will probably accept donations to help fund the server (undecided).

There will probably be a separate forum setup for this server. As for names, i'm currently thinking of either AusTek or EpicTek but any further suggestions would be welcome.
I like what sren suggested, ChillTek.
(I'm kinda sad that DimensionalDoors is not in TekLegends, 'cause u can make some pretty sweet floor-to-floor teleporters.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
In regards to grief prevention would you guys like /siege mode added or removed?

Some clever griefers try to circumvent PvP safe zones (and no-PvP worlds) using fire and lava. If your world is no-PvP, GriefPrevention will prevent players from placing lava or fire very close to others. They also like to spawn camp on PvP servers, often waiting right at the spawn, just outside of a protected area, or outside a victim's house. GP's anti spawn camp protection simply protects players from PvP as long as their inventory is empty, and prevents them from accidentally picking-up any items dropped on their spawn point, effectively answering all of those camping strategies without requiring you to designate PvP-free safe zones (which griefers exploit to avoid being killed themselves).

Optional PvP Elements
Players are not immune to PvP on their land, but because other players can't use their buttons/switches, a player can create a safe home by designing access mechanisms into it (iron doors with buttons, for example).

While the player is at home ONLY, other players may /Siege him, destroying ONLY soft blocks like dirt, sand, gravel, glass, and cobblestone (these materials are configurable). Thus by using quality materials or designing very carefully with a mix of hard and soft materials, any home can be made defensible. While a player is logged out or away from home, attacking his home would be really only griefing (his gear isn't up for grabs, and there's no one there to make it a fair fight), so siege is disabled in those cases.

While under siege, containers in besieged claims will be disabled, and no one can build there, a small penalty for refusing to fight (and preventing players from stuffing all their valuables into boxes before going out to fight, or building themselves into a safe room). Besieged players are also unable to toss items on the ground for later retrieval, or log out. So a player under siege must either wait it out, fight and risk losing items and experience, or try to escape. Note that there's nothing stopping a defender from receiving items from someone else (think supply lines). Similarly, anyone may join in on the attacking side without even using the /siege command.

The siege ends when the attacker gives up and leaves the area (defender wins), the defender escapes (attacker wins), or one of the two dies or logs out. The defender hasn't "escaped" until he's both in an unprotected area and a reasonable distance away from the attacker. If a defender runs to another claim where he's protected, the siege will extend to include that claim as well.

When a defending player loses, his doors (but not chests) unlock so that the victors can collect the loser's drops. After a short time, any players who don't have access to the claim will be ejected to discourage in-home camping. The attacker can't siege that defender or his claim again for an hour.

This may seem like the attacker has the advantage, but a well-prepared defender can prepare not only an impenetrable build, but integrate useful strategic elements like drawbridges, arrow slits, one-way doors, secret escape routes, and lava pipelines. Further, the attacker is vulnerable to surprise attack by the defender's allies, because in most cases the attacker will be out in the open.

Thus, build design (the core strength of Minecraft as a game experience) and PvP are related in an interesting way that adds depth to the experience, while build/break griefers come to an almost full stop.

Some common PvP elements stemming from this system include:

• Sieges involving break-ins through weak walls, through windows and skylights, and digging under strong walls.
  • Attackers constructing scaffolds and stairs, or tunnels, from outside a claim's boundaries to access rooftops and inner rooms with weak floors.
  • "Lifelike" sieges where both parties are just waiting it out, to see who runs out of patience first (battle of the wills!).
  • Players building cunning defenses into their builds, like one-way doors, stone trenches, pitfalls, disappearing bridges, lava pipelines, clever arrow slits, and secret escape routes.
If you want to customize which blocks are breakable during a siege, you may do that in your config file. This reference may be helpful:

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Are going to disable just digging and mining turtles, or the whole lot cause they have a bunch of cool uses (that don't involving screwing up the world.)

I like what sren suggested, ChillTek.
(I'm kinda sad that DimensionalDoors is not in TekLegends, 'cause u can make some pretty sweet floor-to-floor teleporters.
Im not disabling mining turtles just restricting them to only be used in a quarry world. Or finding a way to limit the amount of turtles a player can use.

coolgolfer

Professional Lurker
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
From personal experience, creating modpacks is doable, but you need a lot of testing and it can get really unstable with the increase of mods (All the conflicts). In my experience, pixlemon is not really a viable option, and as discussed, having a skyblock like server would probably be the move (if you want a true skyblock experience, try ex nihilo). In my opinion, the best server would be a blend of Tekkit, factions, and skyblock (personally I like the newer mods though so tekkit may not be the best in my opinion, but it is lightweight comparatively). Then make it so that a faction gets a set amount of land in the quarry world so that someone doesn't mine out the world.