• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

When writing out dates, do you guys put the month before the day, or the day before the month?

Repacharge

Definitely Sherlock Holmes 100% why not lol
Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
I feel like its more normal for me to type 5/26/2020, but I have seen some people write it as 26/5/2020, so im wondering which way you would write it

djnysted

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
I do Month/Day/Year but I'm pretty sure that's a pretty American way of doing things.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
The US, Canada, and the Philippines use MM/DD/YY, and everywhere else uses DD/MM/YY, so the real question here is simply "do you live in North America or not", which I do so I use MM/DD/YY :)

Repacharge

Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
that's weird, why is it that it only includes those three countries?

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
the best are

YYYY/MM/DD or DD/MM/YYYY

the rest makes no sense (unless you write the month in full)

Essentially, yeah, it's pretty much different per country (most use DD/MM/YYYY tho, universal standard is YYYY/MM/DD)

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Mm/DD/YYYY mimicks the order of spelling it out at least in English (May 15 1993) but i only use DD/MM/YYYY because why tf would you use anything else

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Mm/DD/YYYY mimicks the order of spelling it out at least in English (May 15 1993) but i only use DD/MM/YYYY because why tf would you use anything else
"Fourth of July"

Lotta people do say 15th of March.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Yeah but that's not how we're taught to write it here.

djnysted

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
Personally I find MM/DD/YY to be optimal in terms of comparative relevance for conversation

Berend

Active Player
Greenie
Nov 18, 2018
DD-MM-YY for me, small to big timespan. when I see slashes I usually expect MM/DD/YY

JonBimblesticks

going outside is for casuals
Greenie
Jul 27, 2019
I feel like its more normal for me to type 5/26/2020, but I have seen some people write it as 26/5/2020, so im wondering which way you would write it
DD/MM/YYYY is objectively the best way of writing it as you're simply increasing the size of the unit as you move rightwards. MM/DD/YYYY is ridiculous, go from big to small to even bigger what were Yankees thinking?

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Obviously you gotta go with YYYY/MM/DD, so you can actually sort the dates.
This is true, this is how i sort my 50k pictures.

Also it frustrates me that some sites use a different dating system, dates like 3/3/2020 I often find myself wondering is it US syntax or global?

Repacharge

Greenie
Apr 30, 2020
But when you actually look at the numbers when you write down MM/DD/YY the numbers are almost always going to be increasing whereas if you write DD/MM/YY it will sometimes just be big number, small number, huge number.

djnysted

Active Player
Greenie
Mar 11, 2018
Yeah I see it as increasing relevance... if you were trying to relay a date to someone blindly, personally, I'd give them month first (It's May), then specific day (It's May 27th), and finally year (It's May 27th, 2020). I definitely see the practicality of having DD/MM/YYYY but I don't find it as useful for relaying information quickly. It was also said elsewhere in the thread, but it's much more common to state dates as "May 27th" rather than "27th of May", at least regionally, so I feel it flows better.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
But when you actually look at the numbers when you write down MM/DD/YY the numbers are almost always going to be increasing whereas if you write DD/MM/YY it will sometimes just be big number, small number, huge number.
Uh, same with MM/DD/YY though (12/01/20). I don't think that should be more important than a logical ordering (such as hh:mm:ss) where it goes either from large unit to small unit, or vice versa. Our entire numbering system is based on this fact (10 = 9+1, and 31 days + 1 day = next month, first day)), so MM/DD/YYYY as a numbering notation just doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah I see it as increasing relevance... if you were trying to relay a date to someone blindly, personally, I'd give them month first (It's May), then specific day (It's May 27th), and finally year (It's May 27th, 2020). I definitely see the practicality of having DD/MM/YYYY but I don't find it as useful for relaying information quickly. It was also said elsewhere in the thread, but it's much more common to state dates as "May 27th" rather than "27th of May", at least regionally, so I feel it flows better.
I get that it's coming from the English way of writing/talking about dates, though any reason why months are more relevant than days? I feel that in most contexts where you talk about a date in the near future, you generally don't even need to specify the month: "the party is on the 4th", can only really refer to the next '4th' in the sequence -- in this case June 4th (time of writing is May 27th). Vice versa, if the month is important (but the day isn't), you omit the day. If you need both, I feel they are of equal importance. So, in the end, I feel it's an artefact of the way you pronounce a date string... In Dutch we simply say '27 mei' or '8 april' (note even the lack of capitalization), which may be why I find the DD/MM/YYYY so logical. But what I truly find interesting is how other English speaking countries outside of US also use DD/MM/YYYY, while still describing full-written days as Month DDth, YYYY.