• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Zero.minr2.org?

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
There is a working redstone one, there are just four problems that would be nice to fix with a rebuild:
  1. Turns are honor system based
  2. No way to detect a win
  3. Fairly big (well...smaller than most of my current projects, but still big)
  4. Have no idea where on the map it is currently, lol

corygolfanatic

Panther Guitar Player
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
I've run across that Tic-Tac-Toe on numerous occasions and Yeroc and I have actually played it.

If only I remembered what general area I was in...

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Alright, so I spent the last hour looking around the Space Mission area and didn't find much. I stumbled upon some unfinished maps, some FFA maps, some valley maps, etc. The only thing that came close to tic-tac-toe was the random redstone experiments in a certain area.
If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, the last coordinates I was at are: 3486, 68, -1773.

Also, while getting to Space Mission I happened to find a medium-sized structure that had weapons inside. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like some sort of arena. A pvp/mob arena might be something else that can be used as a minigame. If anyone else wants to take a look it's at 1042, 77, -1084.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I don't know the coordinates from memory, but by chance did the redstone area have a couple elevators and a cathedral? If so, that's my test build area. If not, no idea what it is.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the builder or the map I am thinking of... It's right next to something I built that I have future plans for. From what I am remember of the overview map, that course was "north" of my build, and the tic tac toe was roughly "east by north east" a good way away in a giant black wool box. I am trying to remember more about the location, but I don't think there are any real major builds near it.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
OH! I know that thing.. there were two builds that both worked.. Only one works.. and it doesn't work great.. but hey.
Let me try to find it..

Haha, they were actually next to my old house.
X:1021 Y:99 Z:-1574

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
That's the coords of the tic tac toe?

Facing the display, the original corcuit is the one on the right, and the one I built (because redstone mechanics had changed since the original was built) is on the left. I think I was trying to hook up an rs-nor to force keeping to your own turn last time I visited it...which was super long ago, lol

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I just went and took a look at it. It is a little slow to respond, but it works. If someone would like to improve upon it, I would suggest using redstone lamps rather than redstone torches

Interestingly, if you go to 102 99 -1574 instead, you can see my pig in a minecart that (I think) chad helped me build

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I never got heavily involved in the whole board process. I did small pieces here and there, but am now having to focus my efforts other places.

Yes, I know we need to update to 1.8, and I want to, but me getting anything setup is much slower than C & the older staff doing anything. I knew nothing when I started, and progress is slow, but things are getting done on the back-end that aren't directly changing how many players join but are necessary for the server to properly run.

It's now been 4 weeks Since we got the server up and running and we have:
  • The ability to Generate logs from console (Still need C to send the old log files)
  • Completely automated backups that don't intrude on the server resources
  • Debugged many of the problems that came with moving zero up to a new server box
  • Retained a decent amount of the player-base
That 4th point is debatable, but I can see why people would look at zero and say that It's having troubles. I want to figure out the best way to let other admins onto the box, and then 1.8 becomes the highest priority.

Short version: I'm working on it, stuffs getting done, IRL prevents me from focusing on MINR as a first priority.

I also gotta start getting ready, as my semester classes end on Friday.
Just want to point out you've done an excellent job Aj! I'm not sure how i would have handled it with my hectic lifestyle!

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
Here is an Idea that I am throwing on the table...

I can advertise us In Some Minecraft forums like Planet Minecraft

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
That's a bad idea, it would bait "I'm from pmc give me op lol"-trolls other than Zatharel.

(It's actually not a bad idea)

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Actually it is, we already have a forum and server post on PMC, and if we'd make more we'd only piss off these PMC mods more. We already advertised on most sites where we want to, and where it actually might be effective, without having things like 'vote now'.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
What you need is a well written advert, one i wrote on the yogscast forum made us the top hit for minecraft parkour a while back, this is when we were peaking at 80 players daily and 20 minimum round the clock. It's all about meta tags and key words that will be picked up by google bots on popular forums. Avoid repetitive sentences.

As for second server, def not. Why split the community in 2 it's pointless.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
What you need is a well written advert, one i wrote on the yogscast forum made us the top hit for minecraft parkour a while back, this is when we were peaking at 80 players daily and 20 minimum round the clock. It's all about meta tags and key words that will be picked up by google bots on popular forums. Avoid repetitive sentences.

As for second server, def not. Why split the community in 2 it's pointless.
http://forums.minr.org/threads/server-publicity.1611/#post-17677
That's what we were able to do until now at least.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Possibly number 1 now chill. If I remember correctly, the oldest one updated the map more recently. Even if their old map is still up, I think they only have it in museum mode, which would make ours the oldest ACTIVE map :p

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Possibly number 1 now chill. If I remember correctly, the oldest one updated the map more recently. Even if their old map is still up, I think they only have it in museum mode, which would make ours the oldest ACTIVE map :p
I am pretty sure it is in Museum mode. And their map looks super ugly anyway.
While we have a nice town at 0,0, they have a giant crater stretching several hundred blocks in each directions, from ground to bedrock.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Guessing griefers combined with no backups at the time...either that or a lot of young players going through the destructive phase.