• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Zero Railway

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
I'm planning for a railway in the Nether which would make Zero easier to transit. Placing portals 1000 blocks apart would make every spot in Zero be within 500 blocks of one, but would require about 500 portals, plus 150,000 rails in the Nether. Obviously this would require a whole lot of teamwork, and also placing of the rails via WorldEdit.

The best I've come up with for a rail system is a circular design which would require travel on one or two tracks from X, depending on destination. The system could be designed as a dual rail line for travel in both directions, linking all portals in Zero with each other, but requiring as many as three transfers.

The only issue I've come across thus far is that the player would have to pay attention to jump off at the right spot and retrieve their cart manually, otherwise the number of portals passed (and rail switches clicked) to get to a distant location on some rail lines would number in the dozens.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Drahmee

c_dric

Tinkering boomer
Op
Oct 26, 2013
- If i remember correctly the bottom 10-15 layers of the Nether are reserved / protected for the old railway system.
It might be a good idea to reuse that region to prevent damaging existing builds when building the new subway tracks.

- It reminds me that i've build a railway grid concept where each intersection calculates the shortest way to your destination (E, W, N of S).
At the stations, you just need to program a button for each destination that will add the destination coords to a player variable.
But as it uses scriptblocks, it might not be vanilla enough for zero anymore :?

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
As c stated, the bottom layers of the nether are reserved for a netherail. The system still functions, and has been in continued construction (mostly just making the rail tunnels look better), however the use of warps made it's growth very difficult. If you would like to take over the work on it, I'd be happy to show you what I've done and how things work and render assistance where/when I am able.

One thing to keep in mind with it as well, is that the nether portals will always choose to link up with existing portals rather than creating their own. The best way to force them to work properly is to build the overworld frame, then build and activate the portal from the nether side.