• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Challenges

Good Idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
CHALLENGES LISTED AT BOTTOM OF POST [Main Type | Subtypes]

We all know about OLD HardCore, right? 5 Maps with no cps or food.
I was thinking, why not expand the the concept?

"Challenges" are a group of maps that must be completed with a certain criteria:

Examples:
No Food
No Sprint
etc.

Almost like HC, except without the difficulty, or complexity.
Challenges could be long, or short, easy or hard.
They can also bind maps together to make stories or series.

Example:

All Rounder [Special Criteria: No Checkpoints] [Requirements: None]
<maze>
<parkour>
<puzzle>

This would just add a little bit more variety to the FFA, especially for those have completed most of the maps already.
Points could also be awarded at the end of each challenge?

Linguistics wise, I am not sure about the powers of the checkpoint plugin and how this could be implemented. It could possibly done using command blocks and special signs (no plugin needed). I could help if in anyway possible for me to help.
Thoughts?

Current Challenge Suggestions
Vurture City [Special Criteria: None] [Requirements: None]
Lapiz Plaza [Adventure | Parkour & Maze]

'Napped [Parkour]

The Christmas Adventure [Special Criteria: None] [Requirements: Nov: 16 - Jan 1]
Winter's Fun [Parkour]
Teddy's Xmas [Adventure | Parkour, Maze & Other Stuff]
Winter's Tide [Parkour | Maze]
XMas Parkour [Parkour]

The Slow Race [Special Criteria: No Sprint] [Requirements: None]
J's Jumpcourse [Parkour]
Mob Parkour [Parkour | Maze & Guess]
Parkour Level 2 [Parkour]
Mine Co. [Parkour | Maze]

Welcome to Hell [Special Criteria: No Food; No Checkpoints] [Requirements: 400+ Points]
The Aquarium [Maze]
Planets [Parkour | Maze]
Cake Quake [Parkour | Maze]
Aqueous [Parkour | Maze]

Last edited:

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
I believe we called it vulture indeed, tough its been THAT long, i have to check..

EDIT: its vurture, I must have confused it with names we tried before that. :p

Last edited:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
God Mode: [Special Criteria: No Checkpoints]
Planets,
Cake Quake,
Aqueous

Glhf, maybe 1000 point reward?

For implementation, either copy them (like mimic and 'Old Hardcore'), or implement some special command that starts a challenge, like /checkpoint challenge start GodMode , and with a lookup map (made with /checkpoint challenge create GodMode, then /checkpoint challenge add GodMode FFA-c-Planets (not sure what the code is) then Cake quake, then aqueous. After that /checkpoint challenge criteria GodMode NoCheckpoint.) we can then get the next map a player should be teleported to at the end sign. Obviously these challenges get removed on /spawn. With NoFood, we can prevent food from being eaten(deny FoodEvent), with NoCheckpoints we deny setting Checkpoints. NoSprint we deny the SprintEvent if there is one, and else we steady them on 3 food. This means they play the same maps, (still get points from endsigns (?)), just wirh challenges added, which will result in bonus points(?).

I think it's an idea to at least try. How would we display finished challenges? Maybe with a star in /checkpoint FFA for the respective maps? Or jusr a checkpoint challenge list.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I was talking either in the mods or reds section of making a new hub for mini-games with the intent of making things like that more accessible for everyone. my idea from that thread:
  • Map organization - we have several mini-games that have been built but go unused because they are forgotten about. We have HUGE sections of ocean on the map that either go unused or just get covered over to build on a flat space. Let's find a good sized area, and designate it as a mini-game area. We can then move or copy the existing ones there and make room for new ones so that it is all in an easy to find location. We can also add in a hub like ffa/ffa+ for easier access.

Semi-related ideas I have:
  • Mini-game reward "currency" - there are two types of mini game players: those who enjoy the game, and those just after the rewards. If we consolidate and expand our mini game collection, why not add a way for people to buy helpful items? I know this seems contradictory to my point about resource parkours, but let me explain why it isn't:
    • Reward cost - make it expensive enough to not be quickly obtainable
    • Reward durability - if it's a tool that breaks blocks super fast, give it a low durability with unbreaking. If they want to keep it repaired, they will need to gather the materials for that.
    • Currency type - make it so the currency can't be counterfeited.
    • Exclude highly abundant resources
Would this be an idea you all are interested in? Do you see any potential problems with it?

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I was talking either in the mods or reds section of making a new hub for mini-games with the intent of making things like that more accessible for everyone. my idea from that thread:

Would this be an idea you all are interested in? Do you see any potential problems with it?
This is nice.
Though, what kind of minigames are we talking about?

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
We have a lot of mini-games hiding all over the server. CTF, connect four, spleef, ect. Adding time-trials to it would take some work dealing with the new minrcheckpoint commands, but would be interesting.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
We have a lot of mini-games hiding all over the server. CTF, connect four, spleef, ect. Adding time-trials to it would take some work dealing with the new minrcheckpoint commands, but would be interesting.
You are forgetting that almost all of those require an op/mod to run though.

CTF requires an op to teleport you when ready from the lobby.
Connect Four doesn't require anything, but it's a 2 player game.
Spleef requires a mod+ to run.
(There is also kenad's HG map, did that ever get finished?)

Honestly, I think we need to work on making all of these more automatic first before we start making new ones.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
It is possible to automate all of the minigames, it just will take a bit of time to work on. CTF will take the most time because it involves trying to add in the systems to maps that weren't designed for such things.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
It would be a cool idea to have a new challenges/minigames hub, I will help build one if anyone wants.
I'll try edit the main post with the current suggestions.
Also, since Aj is making those lovely HC articles, some of the challenges could be the previous iterations of HC?

God Mode: [Special Criteria: No Checkpoints]
Planets,
Cake Quake,
Aqueous
The Aquarium [Special Criteria: No Checkpoints]
Planets,
Cake Quake,
Aqueous

Welcome to Hell.

You are forgetting that almost all of those require an op/mod to run though.

CTF requires an op to teleport you when ready from the lobby.
Connect Four doesn't require anything, but it's a 2 player game.
Spleef requires a mod+ to run.
(There is also kenad's HG map, did that ever get finished?)

Honestly, I think we need to work on making all of these more automatic first before we start making new ones.
Spleef can be run by a greenie at this current point in time, all they need to do is take the back door entrance with ender pearls (plz dont fix this).

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
The Devil's Set: Special Criteria: No Checkpoints

Hell2Heaven
The Management
Aqueous

I could come up with several more packs

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The Devil's Set: Special Criteria: No Checkpoints
Hell2Heaven
The Management
Aqueous

I could come up with several more packs
We don't actually need any ideas at this stage, they were just for thinking about how this could be implemented.
Also, I don't recall Chirstmas Pk being in the FFA, does it exist?

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
I really like your idea for challenges, Creeper. It does make sense why you came up with the idea, especially since some people have completed extreme numbers of maps. I honestly think the only problems are setting it up and what reward such would get.
Firstly, the setting up. I can't see how this will be a short process. Literally every map would need to be mimicked, then disable, then enable a person's ability to eat, sprint, etc.
Secondly, the reward. At this point it'll most likely be FFA points if there even is a reward. Also, some of the map strings I would say aren't really red, but more difficult. Because what better than to do 4 maps in a row without checkpoints!?

Creeper, please make it more reasonable. I shouldn't have to tell you that nobody's going to beat Planets without checkpoints. Maybe set it to have minimal food or something, It's really unreasonable that people should have to do a map that less than 0.03% of the people on minr can beat.

SleeknFoxy

Omnipotent Bat Overlord
Greenie
Jun 20, 2014
I really like your idea for challenges, Creeper. It does make sense why you came up with the idea, especially since some people have completed extreme numbers of maps. I honestly think the only problems are setting it up and what reward such would get.
Firstly, the setting up. I can't see how this will be a short process. Literally every map would need to be mimicked, then disable, then enable a person's ability to eat, sprint, etc.
Secondly, the reward. At this point it'll most likely be FFA points if there even is a reward. Also, some of the map strings I would say aren't really red, but more difficult. Because what better than to do 4 maps in a row without checkpoints!?
Creeper, please make it more reasonable. I shouldn't have to tell you that nobody's going to beat Planets without checkpoints. Maybe set it to have minimal food or something, It's really unreasonable that people should have to do a map that less than 0.03% of the people on minr can beat.
Its not like players would be forced to do this. Also, I think if this were to be implemented, there wouldn't seem to be a time limit to preparing it, and it doesn't need to be a hassle for the admins if they don't want to do it.

In addition to that, they would be called 'Challenges' for a reason, an addition to your typical map setup.

And like creeper said earlier:

We don't actually need any ideas at this stage, they were just for thinking about how this could be implemented.
This is just an idea that can be developed, and I wouldn't expect it to be fully fledged at this point.

As for me, I had thoroughly enjoyed HC, and I would definitly look forward to more challenges like that, even if I have completed an extreme number of maps.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
@SleeknFoxy Thank You for you reply. I was going to reply earlier, but was busy.

You have a fair point. This was one of the things I considered before posting this idea. I raised the point, Ricky has the answer.
For implementation, either copy them (like mimic and 'Old Hardcore'), or implement some special command that starts a challenge, like /checkpoint challenge start GodMode , and with a lookup map (made with /checkpoint challenge create GodMode, then /checkpoint challenge add GodMode FFA-c-Planets (not sure what the code is) then Cake quake, then aqueous. After that /checkpoint challenge criteria GodMode NoCheckpoint.) we can then get the next map a player should be teleported to at the end sign. Obviously these challenges get removed on /spawn. With NoFood, we can prevent food from being eaten(deny FoodEvent), with NoCheckpoints we deny setting Checkpoints. NoSprint we deny the SprintEvent if there is one, and else we steady them on 3 food. This means they play the same maps, (still get points from endsigns (?)), just wirh challenges added, which will result in bonus points(?).

I have no idea how rewards would work at this stage, but my general idea is that they are not restricted from the 1 - 5 scale we currently have now. The Staff could decide relevant rewards. I didn't design this idea for rewards, but for the fun and challenge it would bring.

It is a joke. But still real. Remember, this is OPTIONAL. (Reward wise, I was thinking maybe a permanent gold star to show how cool you are).

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
Gold star would be cool tbh :p
Just make sure we have a hard map series to beat

Another thought, maybe some of the challenges wouldn't have to be "special requirement", but just a map string.
E.g. Red Run: [No special requirements]
Shri Tra Savern
"Funkytown" <-- Notice the sarcasm
Aqueous
Cake Quake
Sra
Mina's Tirith
Planets

Notice: This does not need to be a challenge. This is just an example. I think doing this in a row is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.