• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Escape into Zero using Recursion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooniko88oo

Nicochico8
Greenie
May 29, 2020
(I found this a few weeks ago, but I came back to speedrunning recursion recently so I thought I would post about this). The problem is that the end prompt entry which is meant to teleport you to the end sign room only sets your co-ordinates but keeps you in the world you are currently in. Since recursion is built in Theta, by joining a map built in Zero with the final prompt active, and then typing in the answer, you get teleported to the co-ordinates of the end sign room but in Zero instead of Theta. Normally this wouldn't be a problem since a player in adventure mode would die of fall damage, but the co-ordinates of the end sign are above an ocean, so you fall to the ground without taking any damage. This effectively allows any player to be able to explore Zero freely, which is probably bad and should be fixed. This can be fixed easy by adding "Theta" to the teleport command, so you stay in theta regardless of where you teleport from.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
What worries me even more at the moment is whether Recursion is not the only map where this problem can be used to explore Zero freely. I'm gonna have a look myself tomorrow.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
We've been patching that type of bug for ages, only new maps should have such vulnerablilties.

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
Okay so I found this similar principle can happen in breaking free 2. If at the end of the map you flip the lever but then click the redstone torch and finish the map, you get teleported to spawn but then the script from flipping the lever will still trigger and you'll get teleported around a bunch but still end up in theta. This probably also needs patching.

_Trains_

off the rails!!
Greenie
Jul 26, 2019
Just wanted to add on that, though the teleport now sends people to theta coordinates, joining a map like bzv2 sends to you theta nether and allows you to escape into theta nether above bedrock.

• Thinking
Reactions: Big

Bailey06

The Anti-Navigationalist
Op
Oct 29, 2017
Fixed Recursion - the script should only run now if the player is in Theta. Same with bf2 - the script now won't let you skip the cutscene if it's currently activated. Patched, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.