• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Grave Robbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013

I had always thought that bad people were born and not made. In reality, I have learned that it is a miasma that creeps into you slowly through holes of insecurity and misfortune. You learn to justify your actions and cope with your character most days. Days like today.

It is raining. Cold. Windy. But most of all, it is lonely. Robbing a grave with a bunch of armed crooks should make my surroundings less frightening, but for some reason it only serves to distance me further from a tether to humanity, to sanity.

"Here. This's tha one," drawls the man wearing the brown flat clap. He made himself the un-elected leader of our motley crew a week ago. The speech impediment does his force of will no credit.

"I don't know 'bout the rest of you fellas, but I could really do with getting out of the rain," pipes a rather timid-looking kid. I briefly wonder why he is here. Everyone has a story that put them here.

A few others murmur their assent as flat cap pries open the wooden door to the sizable crypt with his crowbar. My rambling thoughts are quietly replaced with a sense of purpose as we leave the muddy hill of body placards and enter into the hallowed stone tomb. Formerly hallowed, anyways.

The stone must be a few feet thick, and the spacious room we enter into seems to represent its own microcosm, quieting the tumult of the elements outside. As my eyes adjust to the now brightly-lit room, flat cap steps towards the plain sarcophagus in the center of the domicile. The others form a circle around him almost as misshapen as our own values. The light from their torches bounces off the ionic columns and coffered ceiling, splaying shadowy demons into the ambulatory.

Flat cap wastes no time talking, shoving the lid off the coffin. Nobody is eager to break the anticipatory silence, myself included. He smirks, pulling out chest after chest of loot. He was right. The rest of the group smiles. Too bad.

Before he can begin to turn, the sound of smashing glass beneath his feet cuts the thread of his mortality. Shocked, the others stare at me in horror.

"Oh come, don't look at me like that. One less man means a greater share of the bounty for the rest of us," I explain calmly.

"It does, doesn't it?" asks the boy from before as he draws a potion. So much for timid. The others quickly follow suit, equipping potions of their own. "It looks like we have a bit of an impasse, don't we?"

"Something like that," I say, quickly tossing a potion while diving for the safety of an ionic pillar. Behind me I hear the sound of shattering bottles and yelps of pain. In a few moments, there's silence. The kid is gone, along with a few others. Looks like the rest of us had the same idea. A few eyes peek at me from their own stony shields.

"OH WHAT FUN," comes a booming voice from the sarcophagi, "A STANDOFF? I HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME THIS GOOD IN YEARS. UNFORTUNATELY, NONE OF YOU CAN GET MY VALUABLES OR LEAVE UNTIL THE OTHERS ARE DEAD OR HAVE NO POTIONS LEFT."

Well that explains a lot. TheForgottenUser's tomb. And somehow he's back? At least he has good humor about the other forum members breaking into his crypt. He always did like games. Looks like I'll have to settle the matter to get to the cash.

"WELL GOOD, LET'S LAY DOWN SOME GROUND RULES." You'd think that a year of death would tone him down a little. Why rules anyways? We're all criminals. But nobody else speaks, so I decide to listen along with the rest.

"FIRST, USE COMMON SENSE AND HAVE FUN." Easy for him to say. He's already died before.
"SECOND, YOU MUST BE ACTIVE. DON'T JUST AFK BEHIND YOUR PILLAR. IF YOU HAVE TO LEAVE OR SOMETHING, TRY TO GET SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE OVER FOR YOU." As if I'd give up the chance for riches.
"THIRD, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TALK, BUT WHAT IS A GAME WITH NO STRATEGY? YOU CAN TALK TO THE OTHER PLAYERS AS YOU WISH, FORM ALLIANCES, AND THE LIKE. A LITTLE TRASH TALK DOESN'T HURT SO LONG AS IT IS IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME." I'll make a point to trash talk him later.
"FOURTH, THE TEN RULES OF MAFIA APPLY." What is he talking about now?

"NOW THAT THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY, LET ME EXPLAIN THE GAME," booms the sarcophagi.

"THE WINNER IS WHOEVER HAS THE MOST OF MY LOOT AT THE END OF THE NIGHT. BY THE LOOKS OF IT, YOU EACH HAVE EIGHT POTIONS, SO THERE WILL BE EIGHT ROUNDS. IF YOU ARE KILLED, YOU LOSE. IF EVERYONE DIES, YOU ALL LOSE, RATHER OBVIOUSLY. IF EVERYONE ELSE DIES, YOU WIN BY DEFAULT. IF THERE IS A TIE, THE HEALTHIER, MORE AGGRESSIVE PLAYER WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO FIGHT THE OTHER OFF ONCE THE POTIONS ARE GONE (in the case of a tie, the player with more health and who has hid less, in that order, will win)."
"EACH ROUND, I WILL PLACE SOME OF MY LOOT ON THE SARCOPHAGI AT RANDOM. YOU MAY THEN EQUIP AN EMPTY BOTTLE, A POTION OF HARMING, OR A POTION OF POISON. AN EMPTY BOTTLE WILL DO NOTHING, A POTION OF HARMING WILL INFLICT 1 HEART OF DAMAGE (you start with three), AND A POTION OF POISON WILL INFLICT 1 HEART OF DAMAGE AND CAUSE THEM TO DROP THEIR OWN POTION (you neutralize their attack. If multiple are in play, they will all be thrown simultaneously). EACH PLAYER WILL AIM A THROW AT ANOTHER PLAYER EACH ROUND. ONCE POSITIONS ARE REVEALED, EACH PLAYER CAN CHOOSE TO HIDE BEHIND THEIR PILLAR OR COMMIT TO THEIR THROW AND TRY TO GET LOOT (if they hide, they will not be hit, but will still lose their potion, dropping it in their haste to cower. If you stay out, you can attack and be attacked, and as long as you don't die, will share the loot for the round).

"PLAY PHASES WILL GO AS FOLLOWS:" it continues.

"FIRST, I WILL PLACE TEN PIECES OF LOOT IN THE SARCOPHAGI EACH ROUND. THERE ARE 10 DIAMOND BLOCKS, 20 GOLD BLOCKS, AND 50 REDSTONE BLOCKS, WORTH 20 UNITS, 10 UNITS, AND 5 UNITS RESPECTIVELY. THE PROFITS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED EQUALLY AT THE END OF EACH ROUND TO THE REMAINING PLAYERS WHO WEREN'T COWERING. IF SOMEONE DIES, THEIR LOOT SIMPLY DISAPPEARS FROM THE GAME."

"SECOND, EACH PLAYER WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO PM ME ON THE FORUMS BOTH THE KIND OF POTION THEY'RE EQUIPPING, AND ALSO WHO THEY ARE TAKING AIM AT. EVERY PLAYER STARTS WITH 1 POISON POTION, 2 HARMING POTIONS, AND 5 EMPTY BOTTLES. IF YOU DO NOT PM ME, YOU WILL GLITCH AND LOSE 1 FLASK AT RANDOM AND AIM AT RANDOM."

"THIRD, EVERYONE WILL SEE WHO IS AIMING AT WHO. YOU THEN HAVE 24 HOURS TO EITHER PUBLICLY STATE OR PM ME THEIR DECISION TO HIDE BEHIND THEIR PILLAR OR GO THROUGH WITH THEIR DECISION. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL. IF YOU SAY NOTHING, YOUR PLAN WILL BE CARRIED OUT AS IT STANDS.'

"FOURTH, I WILL GRANDIOSELY TELL THE TALE OF THE ROUND'S ACTIONS - WHO DIED, WHO LIVED, WHO HID LIKE A MOLE, WHO LOST THEIR NOSE, AND WHO GOT A BIT RICHER. LOOT WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AND IF YOU ARE HIT THRICE WITH A REAL POTION, YOU DIE. RINSE AND REPEAT TO THE END."

"ANY QUESTIONS?" Well shoot. He sure talks a lot.

1. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉◉ creeperTNTman198 TL 5 0
  2. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉◉ Ajdj123321 TL 5 0
  3. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉ CreepaShadowz T 5 0
  4. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉ Jsnick TR 5 0
  5. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉ blie4 TR 5 0
  6. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉◉ Zatharel BR 5 0
  7. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉◉ srentiln BR 5 0
  8. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉◉ CornFish B 5 0
  9. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉◉ SleeknFoxy BL 5 0
  10. ♥♥♥ ◉◉◉◉◉ Freakworld BL 0 1

Last edited by a moderator:

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
Welcome back Forgot, hope you'll stay a while. :)

On that note, sign me up!

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
well, this 'ere's a brilliant surprise, in'it? well gov', if there ta be a bloody profit in this, I'll try my 'and at it.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Signups will be closing within a few hours. I made the signups fast to try and deter any players who wouldn't be able to keep up with the rapid 24-hour cycle. If anyone is dying to play or on the border, now would be the time to say so. Remember, you will receive no PM from me. Everyone has the exact same role, so there is no point. The first PM sent should be from you to me. On that note, nobody asked me any questions, so I'm hoping I explained everything well enough. If I did not, please feel free to ask.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013

"FOR THE FIRST ROUND, I WILL PLACE 5 - NO - 10 REDSTONE BLOCKS IN THE SARCOPHAGI," it booms, "GOOD LUCK!" With that, TheForgottenUser departs, followed by the sucking noise of a vacuum. I look around. Nobody is moving yet.

"WOOPS, I FORGOT ONE THING," says the apparition, re-materializing. Confused, I turn towards him. He stoops to pick up flat cap's remaining potions, and then turns toward me. "I HATE FIRST-PERSON NARRATION."

~~~​

Jsnick closed his eyes as the potions enveloped one of the others hiding behind their pillar. Even behind his lids, he could see the light pouring forth from the potions, not to mention the sound of all the potions shattering. It's over quickly. It looks like that's the start of the game. Equipping a potion, Jsnick glanced out at the other players, eyes darting between the eight others and the bounty just hidden from sight inside the coffin. For half a moment, he wondered whether there might be no loot in it at all - it's just the sort of thing he would have done when he was alive. Shaking his head to rid such an unpleasant thought, Jsnick looked around once more and began to take aim...

• There are 10 redstone blocks in the sarcophagi this round (yes, I randomized it - I know. Consider it a warm-up), worth 50 units total.
  • You now have 24 hours to PM me with what potion you are equipping and who you are aiming at.

Last edited:

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
I signed up as well.
I didn't take a bolded 'h' as indication of your interest. I'll be willing to let you in - so long as nobody else objects.

EDIT: AJ has invested in me higher powers. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.