• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

I kinda miss the Discord. [NOT AN APPEAL]

Ondrashek

Peon
Whitey
Sep 17, 2020
Ok, I assume that AJ still hasn't changed his stance on my Discord ban because of posting too many ban messages. And that's OK. I moved on with life and from Minr itself.

But man, I miss that place. You could talk about anything with Minecraft parkourers (that were better than me because I couldn't complete most maps).

I know that my account isn't banned from the Minr server itself, and I'm still welcome on there, though not on the Discord. But if I started trying HC again, I would only rage about how HARD those maps are. I raged quite a lot on CON, why wouldn't I do that on other similar maps?

Also, it seems that the forums have turned into solely a place for appealing, as there's literally no other discussion going on. It has been a lot of time since I got the Discord ban and the thread that tried to convince AJ is like what, 4th or 5th in the list on this forum?

Time will tell if I'll ever get the time and energy to consider attempting HC again. But for now, you'll only see me on the forums, occassionaly posting. If I wasn't such a dumb idiot back then and STOPPED posting bans when AJ told me to, I would still be active on the Discord.

Bilou1688

Why are you looking at my name?
Greenie
Jan 22, 2021
Also, it seems that the forums have turned into solely a place for appealing, as there's literally no other discussion going on. It has been a lot of time since I got the Discord ban and the thread that tried to convince AJ is like what, 4th or 5th in the list on this forum?
The Forums are very well alive with other things than ban appeals, but most of them are only accessible to greenies. You can see new map submissions, change threads, and other discussions. This might give you a motivation to beat Hardcore;)

Ondrashek

Peon
Whitey
Sep 17, 2020
The Forums are very well alive with other things than ban appeals, but most of them are only accessible to greenies. You can see new map submissions, change threads, and other discussions. This might give you a motivation to beat Hardcore;)
> accessible only to greens

Well, yeah. Almost everything regarding this server is accessible only to greens. You couldn't even celebrate Minr's anniversary if you were NOT a green. But I'm 95% sure that AJ is fed up with me and is waiting for the nearest opportunity to give me a server ban.

FrananaSplits

Procrastinating <3
Mod
Board
Feb 18, 2021
At the time of the event, it was open to everyone. Your rank on the server did not stop anyone from participating in the anniversary event
Event post
Hey everyone! Today, Minr celebrates its eleventh birthday. This is an incredible milestone, and to celebrate, we've decided to do something we've never done before - we're opening up Zero, our original survival world, to the public! Starting Saturday, October 23rd at 6pm/18:00 UTC, our server will be open to the public for one week, until October 30th. Our world is one of the oldest in Minecraft, and one of the oldest server maps on the newest version of the game. Come check it out!

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
> accessible only to greens

Well, yeah. Almost everything regarding this server is accessible only to greens. You couldn't even celebrate Minr's anniversary if you were NOT a green. But I'm 95% sure that AJ is fed up with me and is waiting for the nearest opportunity to give me a server ban.
There are 0 admins on this server that ban with any form of malice or mal-intent. They simply are here to hold up the rules and it’s never personal.

Editors Note: They are most definitely not out to get anyone, I’ve known most of the staff for over 4 years now. They are a good group of people.

Ondrashek

Peon
Whitey
Sep 17, 2020
There are 0 admins on this server that ban with any form of malice or mal-intent. They simply are here to hold up the rules and it’s never personal.

Editors Note: They are most definitely not out to get anyone, I’ve known most of the staff for over 4 years now. They are a good group of people.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that AJ doesn't normally ban people for posting too much ban messages, as it's not against the rules. I just assumed that he got absolutely fed up with me and those posts were the last straw for him.

TunaSurprise

Maze-ochist
Op
Board
Aug 16, 2016
The staff team is absolutely not out to get anyone - it's simply against the morals we hold and the way the server is run. The nature of your ban from the Discord was mostly due to the spammy nature of your repeated ban messages; it was not carried out with malintent, or because of a personal issue. That's not how we operate.

Ondrashek

Peon
Whitey
Sep 17, 2020
The staff team is absolutely not out to get anyone - it's simply against the morals we hold and the way the server is run. The nature of your ban from the Discord was mostly due to the spammy nature of your repeated ban messages; it was not carried out with malintent, or because of a personal issue. That's not how we operate.
But it seems a quite bit excessive to not have it appealable, don't you think? Even repeat cheaters can appeal after 1 year.

• Agree
Reactions: Big

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
But it seems a quite bit excessive to not have it appealable, don't you think? Even repeat cheaters can appeal after 1 year.
I'm prepared for the flak I'll get for saying this.

I'm going stand up for you here. Wild, I know.

I totally agree. I've never been a fan of the concept of perma-bans. Everyone has the ability to learn from their mistakes and become a better person. I know how frustrating it can be to be punished severely for what you believe is a relatively minor offense, especially compared to hacking or using slurs.

I've witnessed some... questionable decisions made by the staff team. Hey, their hearts are in the right place. They clearly want the best for the server. But I would be lying if I said I never questioned their judgement.

Dumbmutt

Stargazer
Greenie
Jul 30, 2018
I agree

Edit: In the opinionated sense of the first paragraph.

Last edited:

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
I'm prepared for the flak I'll get for saying this.

I'm going stand up for you here. Wild, I know.

I totally agree. I've never been a fan of the concept of perma-bans. Everyone has the ability to learn from their mistakes and become a better person. I know how frustrating it can be to be punished severely for what you believe is a relatively minor offense, especially compared to hacking or using slurs.

I've witnessed some... questionable decisions made by the staff team. Hey, their hearts are in the right place. They clearly want the best for the server. But I would be lying if I said I never questioned their judgement.
This upsets me. Any permabans without appeal have been decided by a unanimous vote. Considering how heavily those bans are considered, and their severity, downplaying them by saying at least our hearts were in the right place is more hurtful than you realize.

The ban this thread is discussing is for a discord ban, which was made after multiple warnings and a previous ban (that also had multiple warnings before it). The server is still open to them, along with the forums. I do not believe these bans should be compared.

Big

Bird Enthusiast
Greenie
Mar 2, 2019
This upsets me. Any permabans without appeal have been decided by a unanimous vote. Considering how heavily those bans are considered, and their severity, downplaying them by saying at least our hearts were in the right place is more hurtful than you realize.

The ban this thread is discussing is for a discord ban, which was made after multiple warnings and a previous ban (that also had multiple warnings before it). The server is still open to them, along with the forums. I do not believe these bans should be compared.
I'm confused..?

I tried to word my statement in a way it was clear I believe the staff have no malicious intent. I don't see how stating that you guys are trying to do the right thing can be hurtful; it's not like I'm saying you're banning people for the sake of displaying your power or anything.

I'd like to add that the fact that these bans are supposedly unanimous does not necessarily mean they can't be disputed. I can agree of disagree with a staff decision regardless of how much said decision was discussed. This comment gives me the impression that you believe your decisions can't be criticized.

I'm opposed to unappealable perma-bans. You will not change my mind on that. I believe that Ondra eventually deserves a chance to make an appeal. Same goes with any other players that have received a similar punishment. That is my stance, and I won't change it.

EDIT: Obviously, child predators are exceptions.

Last edited:

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
I'm confused..?

I tried to word my statement in a way it was clear I believe the staff have no malicious intent. I don't see how stating that you guys are trying to do the right thing can be hurtful; it's not like I'm saying you're banning people for the sake of displaying your power or anything.

I'd like to add that the fact that these bans are supposedly unanimous does not necessarily mean they can't be disputed. I can agree of disagree with a staff decision regardless of how much said decision was discussed. This comment gives me the impression that you believe your decisions can't be criticized.

I'm opposed to unappealable perma-bans. You will not change my mind on that. I believe that Ondra eventually deserves a chance to make an appeal. Same goes with any other players that have received a similar punishment. That is my stance, and I won't change it.
Staff aren’t perfect to be sure, and you obviously have your right to state your opinion and have your criticisms.

But, to be frank, these decisions have a lot more angles to them than what you are privy to. You don’t necessarily have all of the facts for any given situation.

People certainly can change, and the staff are obviously aware of that. As swimmy said, perma bans are not something done lightly. There are a multitude of good reasons for them, some of which we aren’t able to share. But someone changing, or being willing to change, doesn’t erase the damage they’ve already done.

Ondrashek

Peon
Whitey
Sep 17, 2020
Staff aren’t perfect to be sure, and you obviously have your right to state your opinion and have your criticisms.

But, to be frank, these decisions have a lot more angles to them than what you are privy to. You don’t necessarily have all of the facts for any given situation.

People certainly can change, and the staff are obviously aware of that. As swimmy said, perma bans are not something done lightly. There are a multitude of good reasons for them, some of which we aren’t able to share. But someone changing, or being willing to change, doesn’t erase the damage they’ve already done.
I didn't think my ban was discussed. I've been led to believe that AJ just had enough of me and that he just went and said "Yeah, this ban will not be appealable."