• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Mafia General Rules and Tips

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Minr Mafia Rules
Note: Please only post on this thread to ask questions or request to be added to the hosting queue.

Rule 1
You need a Minr forum and/or Discord account to participate. Sign up in the relevant thread when it is posted, with the information the Host wishes for you to provide.

Rule 2
Be active when you join a game. Do not sign up if you cannot be an active participant for the duration of the game (barring true emergencies). Inactivity degrades the experience for other players and is disrespectful to the community as a whole. If you drop out or go inactive without communicating with the host and doing your best to make the transition minimally impactful to the game, you may be barred from future games.

Rule 3
Play to win, whether this is for yourself or for your faction. Don't self-sacrifice unless you think it will help secure a victory.

Rule 4
Do not share a screenshot of a private message from a Host. Do not edit or delete messages in a way that could impact the game (e.g. grammar or clarifying something is fine, deleting a message to gain an advantage is not).

Rule 5
Dead players and non-participants may not comment on the game until it finishes. You can say goodbye if you have died, but that is all.

Rule 6
Leave what happens in-game in the game; leave what happens out-of-game out of the game.

Rule 7
Use common sense.

Rule 8
You may contact other players for advice on the game so long as they do not post, but realize they don't have to give an honest answer. Spectators and dead players are forbidden from commenting.

Rule 9
No Meta-gaming. This means you shouldn't base your decisions off of what happened in a previous game or knowledge you have that is outside of the scope of the game.

Rule 10
Have Fun! It's a game.

Player Guide

Note: Remember that the Host's rules always take precedence over what is here if something contradicts.

How can I play?
When a Host posts a new game thread, indicate your desire to play and provide any details they ask of you. Please note that if a Host has a good reason to disallow your participation (e.g. inactivity in previous rounds, abusive behavior, rule-breaking) they have every right to do so.

What is a vote-off?
A vote-off is common to most variations of Mafia. Typically, players that are still alive may kill off a player as a group during the Day. Follow the host's format for how to vote (assuming there is a vote).
Please try not to bandwagon. This means voting for players with no other reason than the rest of the town doing so. When a player is killed, their Role is typically revealed. You are often allowed to vote for nobody.

How are Roles decided?
Unless it is an atypical game, randomly.

How do I "win"?
Your win condition typically involves either a) surviving if you are a neutral party or b) eliminating opposing factions. Remember: although you might not survive, your faction can still win. Hosts will typically give your win condition when setting up the game.

Host Guide

Note: First off, if you're hosting, thank you very, very much. Mafia is a great game, but it can take a lot of time and effort to run well. Below are some suggestions from previous Hosts.

Game Creation Tips
  1. It is highly recommended that you create a game where any number of people can join. Traditionally, Minr Mafia is open to any member of the community who wishes to play, although there are multiple ways to handle sign-ups.
  2. Try to balance your game so no one Faction has a clear advantage. You can look at previous games hosted here or on other sites to get an idea of what is balanced and what is not.
  3. Include a wide variety of Roles. It's more fun for your players if they can do more than just speak. Having more Roles also makes the game more interesting and strategic. Remember though, that the more Roles and Factions you include, the harder it becomes to balance and manage. I suggest making only 2-3 Factions. Avoid adding useless Roles. A good repository of potential Roles to pull from can be found here.
  4. Adding duplicate roles and personalizing starter Role messages helps balance the game for the Mafia so that an "everyone claim their Role" scenario is less effective. This also helps dissuade meta-gaming.
  5. Explain everything as thoroughly as possible before the game starts.
  6. A more thorough guide to hosting can be found here.
Game Management Tips
  1. Stay organized. I cannot stress this enough.
  2. Stay unbiased.
  3. Try to avoid random events unless you pre-planned and communicated them. It might make the game more interesting, but typically it's not in a good way. Mafia is a strategy game and including events that minimize a player's volition can be frustrating.
  4. Follow through on your commitment as a Host. Stick to your update schedule and finish out the game even if you realize you don't enjoy hosting (barring true emergencies).
  5. If your game updates involve mountains of text, use good formatting and images to balance it out.

If you wish to be added to the hosting queue, please declare your intent in this thread. Hosts will be pinged in the linked thread above when a new game is ready to start, and the individual highest up on the queue who responds will be the next game's Host. If you were next in line and fail to respond, you will be skipped, but your place on the queue will remain. Typically, games occur around once every 3 months to avoid burnout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I might try hosting, but considering how busy I am, if I'm hosting, I'd probably want to do it during summer vacation. (Possibly from a luxurious hotel, *hopes*)

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I might try hosting, but considering how busy I am, if I'm hosting, I'd probably want to do it during summer vacation. (Possibly from a luxurious hotel, *hopes*)
ok.
Definitely interested in hosting game 9.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I would like to host another round, but I'm not setting which one in stone. I'm going to fix the code and try an automated round again. This time, I will be making it MUCH more basic and work on making the system embeddable so that it's accessed in the thread rather than on a separate site.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
I would like to host another round, but I'm not setting which one in stone. I'm going to fix the code and try an automated round again. This time, I will be making it MUCH more basic and work on making the system embeddable so that it's accessed in the thread rather than on a separate site.
If you can't host in the order presented, I just let the next person go before you. I ask you every time until you CAN host.

And don't worry about the coding. Since these games last an average of 2-3 weeks, you have a few months to do the coding before you're up anyways.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
I've switched creep's game and my game due to the fact that I'm not going to be around to host mine. I'm heading to Italy and Ireland for Spring Break. He's already aware of the matter and has agreed to swap me. That also means I'm not going to be able to play MM7. :(

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I've switched creep's game and my game due to the fact that I'm not going to be around to host mine. I'm heading to Italy and Ireland for Spring Break. He's already aware of the matter and has agreed to swap me. That also means I'm not going to be able to play MM7. :(
Oh well, have a nice time in Italy and Ireland!

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
When in Ireland, try to avoid getting in any fights between the Catholics and Protestant :p

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
When in Ireland, try to avoid getting in any fights between the Catholics and Protestant :p
I'm not heading anywhere near the border or the big cities, so I should be good. If not, I always have my Dad with me who knows how to use multiple firearms and had almost no reaction to the Tear Gas Training in basic.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Are we allowed to request to the host to be on one side or the other?

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Well, let's say that in a future round I specifically wish to play as either mafia or innocent, is it within the rules to make that request to whomever is hosting that round?

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Well, let's say that in a future round I specifically wish to play as either mafia or innocent, is it within the rules to make that request to whomever is hosting that round?
Nope. That's one rule I won't budge on. It has to be random.