• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minecraft 2

SIkye

The Struggler
Greenie
Dec 17, 2015
So the developers of Hypixel is working on a game called Hytale & they have help/backing from Riot Games, the people behind League of Legends. And I have to say, it looks like everything Minecraft could be & more. Maybe the competition will force Mojang to do more things. Because it's ridiculous how it can take Mojang a year or more to make some different trapdoor designs or slab colors when a 14 year old modder can do it for free within a month. Anways to me this looks like Minecraft+ Cube World+ Own ideas. Hella potential.

What do you guys think?

Dumbmutt

Stargazer
Greenie
Jul 30, 2018
Hypixel isnt 14, and I think it will be good if you are into that kind of stuff.

SIkye

The Struggler
Greenie
Dec 17, 2015
Hypixel isnt 14, and I think it will be good if you are into that kind of stuff.
Huh? I meant a random 14 year old modder can do those things for free but it took Mojang a year+ to do it

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Mojang have already made enough money to not do anything, most servers stick to 1.8 still. Whilst this game looks great I don't believe it will have the in depth commands minecraft has. This game looks aesthetically pleasing but I bet there are millions of bugs.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Mojang have already made enough money to not do anything, most servers stick to 1.8 still. Whilst this game looks great I don't believe it will have the in depth commands minecraft has. This game looks aesthetically pleasing but I bet there are millions of bugs.
They've already confirmed that players will have access to the same tools that Hypixel used to develop the game, which immediately outstrips all of vanilla minecraft.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Not sure if i want to buy a game that's part of an organisation that's pay to win.

SIkye

The Struggler
Greenie
Dec 17, 2015
Not sure if i want to buy a game that's part of an organisation that's pay to win.
If there is any hint of pay to win in Hytale I'm not gonna even be interested anymore lol

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Mc’s biggest problem is that it’s based on a quite sloppy architecture. In a way it’s genius, as it did everything it had to do in an effective way, nothing was very future proof. That’s why bedrock for example runs a lot better, it’s not ‘java’s’ fault but the underlying architecture. The devs have spent a lot of time fixing this to an extent (1.13 in particular with ‘infiniting the block data’), and they do a great job on it. Though forge already expanded the block ids *out of necessity* simply because having multiple mods would raise the amount of blocks very quickly. Forge’s approach is more or less a hack however, so MC can’t just go and use that, lest it fall apart in the future.

So yes, a modder could make a million of blocks while mojang couldn’t, but that was a matter of architecture. For the longest time only one teammember was working on that particular issue (on and off), which may have been a questionable choice, but those things start to happen once you have a live game- you have to juggle ‘fresh content’ with ‘architecture’.

And that’s why building a new game is easier than continuously maintaining one, it simply doesn’t have technical debt.

Note that it’s a similar nature as MC- not sure you can make the base game PTW. (You can mostly sell expansion packs / updates, but with free modding I don’t see that happening). If anything they’re likely to make the money simply selling the game, unless they go with some wack subscription model, but I feel that’s improper for this type of game.

I’m assuming you can singleplayer, and with the mention of community servers you can definitely run a local server- similar to MC. I don’t see a feasible way to implement anything PTW on a locally run world.

We’ll have to see how much actual content the game has. There’s a lot of mobs and swords and all that stuff, but if that’s it I’m not entirely sure how lasting it will be. As with any game it depends heavily on the team and how they go forward, but from this single trailer I have to say it looks really, really good.

PurpleEscapade

Peon
Greenie
Aug 20, 2017
its the same game as Minecraft, but with better dungeons and enemies, and way more stuff you can do with scripting. I think I saw a top down shooter in there :) looks really fun. As ricky said I don't see how they could make It PTW, the only thing that will be PTW is 99% of the community servers :D

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
They could sell addon packs for extra tools etc. I mean this is coming from a company that makes it's money selling ranks, kits etc. The trend of gaming these days leans heavily on making money off of in game products.

SIkye

The Struggler
Greenie
Dec 17, 2015
They could sell addon packs for extra tools etc. I mean this is coming from a company that makes it's money selling ranks, kits etc. The trend of gaming these days leans heavily on making money off of in game products.
It would be dumb, but I wouldn't care if they did, because I wouldn't play it for it's official server. I'd play it for the community ones. And they said we have full control over community ran servers, so those items could be disabled on them if they are being honest.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Because it's ridiculous how it can take Mojang a year or more to make some different trapdoor designs or slab colors when a 14 year old modder can do it for free within a month. Anways to me this looks like Minecraft+ Cube World+ Own ideas. Hella potential.
I think its worth pointing out that a lot more goes into updates than just simply added a reskinned block. They have to plan out each update before they start work (whereas a modder would add whatever they feel like), and figure out whether it would fit the theme or even fit in the game at all. Then of course they have to prototype and test it and such. This is also not even more than half of the development kind, the other half is dedicated pretty much entirely to bug fixing (which is symptomatic of the way Minecraft was originally developed). They have to do all of this, while coordinating with their Bedrock counterpart studio in the USA. Bedrock also have more of a headache to deal with, since they need to make sure all of this runs well on not only computers and laptops, but phones, tablets, 3DS's, Switches, etc.

That being said though I do think it would be good for Mojang to have some direct competition (Terraria doesn't count, and from what I have heard CubeWorld has only two updates - both of which were bugfixes only - since 2012). They won't be destroyed though, too large of an existing playerbase and brand recognition.

Hypixel hasn't been pay to win since EULA was introduced 5 years ago. They've been compliant with it (unlike some other servers). I highly doubt that they're going to engage in stuff like selling addon packs for extra tools like you described. While they're business practices on the Minecraft server have been less than stellar, they still need to support themselves. They've said in the past that their revenue dropped to a third of what it used to be after EULA, I can see why they're trying to get the money they can. Not only do they have to pay for probably thousands of servers, they also need to pay the salaries for their developers (as well as try can fund this game - I hear it was self-funded at the beginning).

I don't think they'll take the same approach in Hytale for a number of reasons. First, I don't think it will be free to play and would be pitched similarly to Minecraft (though that's just a guess, based off the other points). Second, with the level of modding capability they're promising, it would be extremely difficult for them to try and sell any in-game features that modders wouldn't instantly recreate and distribute for free. Thirdly, a combination of the fact that they have investors and are not crowdfunding / self-financing, the feeling that this seems to be a passion project from Hypixel and Rezzus, and the considerable potential backlash from their community if they follow the AAA route.

The general minecraft community seems to have thrown their support behind this, and I myself hope it succeeds (even if I am personally not interested in it when it launches). If it does, it would be a significant step forward for Minecraft developers and the game as a whole, proving that their is potential to expand outside of the game (maybe even for us :p).

SIkye

The Struggler
Greenie
Dec 17, 2015
I think its worth pointing out that a lot more goes into updates than just simply added a reskinned block. They have to plan out each update before they start work (whereas a modder would add whatever they feel like), and figure out whether it would fit the theme or even fit in the game at all. Then of course they have to prototype and test it and such. This is also not even more than half of the development kind, the other half is dedicated pretty much entirely to bug fixing (which is symptomatic of the way Minecraft was originally developed). They have to do all of this, while coordinating with their Bedrock counterpart studio in the USA. Bedrock also have more of a headache to deal with, since they need to make sure all of this runs well on not only computers and laptops, but phones, tablets, 3DS's, Switches, etc.
But with how huge Mojang is, they could do small updates in-between that is just for textures, like the trapdoor redesigns, wood redesigns etc. Other games that are smaller than Mojang and on multiple platforms still do small updates. It's like somebody else said tho (I forget if it was you or or ricky) Mojang doesn't, because they know they don't have to. They don't have to bother with a lot of things in general when they really have no competition in the genre they are. So even if I don't end up liking this, this Hytale, it's a very good thing for the minecraft community in general, because Mojang may try harder if it finally gets competition.

Last edited:

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
But with how huge Mojang is, they could do small updates in-between that is just for textures, like the trapdoor redesigns, wood redesigns etc. Other games that are smaller than Mojang and on multiple platforms still do small updates. It's like somebody else said tho (I forget if it was you or or ricky) Mojang doesn't, because they know they don't have to. They don't have to bother with a lot of things in general when they really have no competition in the genre they are. So even if I don't end up liking this, this Hytale, it's a very good thing for the minecraft community in general, because Mojang may try harder if it finally gets competition.
They said during a panel during Minecon this year that there is a lot of overhead when it comes to releasing updates, which is they said why they don't do it more often. Probably because of the cross-continent thing, marketing, etc.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
That’s for bedrock, java edition is already ‘releasing’ weekly. In that sense they’re doing what you ask for sikye, except that they’re never guaranteeing stability.

Though it was nice when notch originally developed the game, you’d have random updates (sometimes weekly (secret friday’s :,)) where some small stuff was added. But yeah, I’m not sure what the mentality is.

I think the reason the textures take so long for example is because they more or less really want to be sure it’s solid for most players. (But it’s been ‘out’ for a while now).

What I noticed is how different the ocean is compared to other biomes. Notice that underwater there are a plethora of different textures, fish, blocks, shapes, even animations. When this released I would expect them to do similar things to well... caves or other biomes, now that they have an actual texturer on the team and infinite blocks... but instead they go for villages. Maybe we’ll see those things later on, but hytale seemingly does them out of the box. They might not have village raids, but well, I foresee those things only be fun for the first few times and then become a bother.

I guess there was a minecon vote for what biome to update next, but at this rate we’re 10 years further before they’re all on the same level.

Last edited:

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
The amount of people jumping on this saying this will be better than MC, even in it's technical aspects, disappoints me. There have been dozens, and I mean dozens, of games that looked very much like what Hytale promises, with a premise very similar to MC, but fall completely flat on their face when it actually comes out. I say we wait and see what it's actually like and hold off on all the s---ting on Mojang. Let's not forget the No Man's Sky disaster, regardless of how different it is from Hytale. Though there are many exceptions, most massive open-world sandbox games from non-AAA devs don't do well due to the company's limited budget clashing with the enormous scope of what's promised. I don't think we should even begin to expect that this will outdo Minecraft in its technical aspects in any way that we could call it a 'Minecraft 2'. If somehow it does, then great, but a simple look at history and at the people and money behind the game says otherwise.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
But this game has a tremendous amount of money, and also an existing player base (in some sense), in contrast to most indie developers.

It is backed by Hypixel, one of the most successful minecraft servers (dunno how much they make but it should be a large amount). Additionally they’re being invested in by Riot Games.

While there’s definitely a good chance it’ll fall flat, it is much more promising to look at than most other minecraft clones.