• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

MINR Community

halex44

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
Hey people! After looking through the shout out board and from some thoughts on my own, I thought to myself: "Why don't we have a minr clan?" "Why don't we have more community events like game night?" Here at minr we have a tight knit community that I personally believe we do not take advantage of enough. So, I just thought it might be nice to create a thread to incite some discussion and brainstorming on things we can do as a community.

A couple subtopics to consider:

TRADITION: What are events that we could do on a regular basis, things that would become integral to a weekly or monthly minr calendar? For example: Saturday Night PVP Night. Of course, no one would be obligated to attend these events week by week, but whoever shows up on that date weekly would be a participant.

Current Ideas: Weekly Spleef Tournaments, Possible Minr Game night once a month

BIG EVENTS: What are events that we could put lots of planning and preparation into, such as TAR and parkour tournaments that we have had in the past? These events have had massive participation, and have been some of the staples of the minr community for the past months.

Current Ideas: TAR 3 times a year, ninja warrior revival, CTF Tourneys 3 times a year

GROUPING: What are other platforms and gaming outlets you guys make use of that you would like to see integrated in the minr community? Clash of Clans integration? Any other games or activities many enjoy that would be suitable to be discussed or played cooperatively?

Current Ideas: Minr musical group, CS:GO tourneys, Minr clan on COC, Minr Runescape Group

If anyone would like to contribute to this discussion or has any thoughts on the matter, please don't hesitate to share your opinions or ideas. Then maybe we can take away a better perspective of the capabilities and reach of the minr population. Thanks for reading!

IMPLEMENTED IDEAS: Minr COC Clan, Minr Steam Community

IDEAS IN PROGRESS:
Minr CTF, Minr FTB

Last edited:

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Doing something outside of Minecraft is a good idea, for starters.

I know that at least some people in this community have stopped caring for minecraft (me included).

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Tradition:
SPLEEF
This is really easy to have anyone host, or anyone green up anyways, and it was really fun when it was still done a while back
Not only that but because of the easy accessing doing it once a month would be really easy

Big Event:
CTF:
One Capture the flag game every fourish months.
Granted this would require there to be more than one CTF map
Also this needs admin involvement to run properly, but most of the community really enjoys CTF from what I've seen

I'm working on getting my CTF map done. Most of the base work of the floating islands is done but I still need to build all the actual "forts" for where the flags will be placed and guarded

TAR could be done every 6 months, since its a very long event when it is done usually lasting 3 to 4 hours.

NW is entirely up to @HC12345 because he is the only one willing to run that from what I've seen.
Me and AJ know most of the ins and outs of NW though, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to run without HC but then you'd have the same boring course constantly

I like freaks idea but I think that a cool idea would be to do IRL stuff.
For instance the secret santa that forgot hosted. That kind of stuff is really cool and I'd love to see more of it, because it brings the real world into the game world.
Hell we could make a book club.

Last edited:

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
I would love for us to have more CTF games, the interface is very user-friendly for admins (and possibly mods) so it's not hard at all to set it up. :)

Now that I think about it, a CTF Tournament could be pretty awesome too... Anyone?

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Wasn't the initial plan for CTF to have it every once in a while?

For TAR, I believe (?) Aj is up for hosting the next one?

I haven't seen HC in a very long while, so I really don't know about NW.

As for non-minecraft things, I'd be down for anything tbh. League of Legends? Dota? Film club? Heck we could even play board games on some site or something like that. I'm completely bored so yeah, if we do something like this (and it's on the weekends) then I'm up for it.

magicdem0n11

Peon
Greenie
Dec 18, 2013
I need some musical uplifting;
I just finished my choir inter house competiton, and our small choir was really good,
Taking into account that our house is the house everyone looks down on, and is 'lazy' and crap, we actually got something really really good, and... We still lost. So yeh it'd be nice to do something musically! (If it's not obvious, I'm pretty bitter and upset over the whole thing)

I would be happy for minr clash of clans much :)

Maybe some unturned??

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I'm a percussionist...not a good one, though :p

If anyone is up for it, there is Roll20.net for pen and paper RPG's and Table Top Simulator has a lot of stuff that would make board games easier

IanAnth66

Something clever
Mod
Dec 13, 2013
Blie and I have tabletop simulator. Would recommend. Minr go fish tournament anyone?

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
@Zatharel I'm up next actually, I'm gonna start planning and try to have it ready by like mid-July. Also, someone (Ian?) had the idea for stick assassin about a year ago, but it never got started. I think that could be fun too.

Spontida10

Peon
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
Playing league sounds fun, we could do customs or go against random people.

In terms of a server based activity, I am still in the process of building mini games, currently I have a connect 4, and an anvil arena without any anvils. Other mini games include: KOTH (King of the Hill), Minecart chase (w.i.p.), Rainbow Runner (built), Code Guesser (built), Archery (w.i.p), PVP (Arena built but traps etc, not built), Boat Racing (w.i.p), Pig Racing (w.i.p.)... Anyways once I build these we could play them ;)

With the ability to use command blocks I/we could build a bunch of different and fun mini games if you guys are up for that.

Last edited:

blie4

Not a Peon
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
We could have a scheduled Minr game night-y thing where a different player hosts each time, as long as the host chooses a game that a majority of us could join in on (TF2, Online Games, Tournaments, and maybe even putting together a Minecraft game that wouldn't quite fit as its own event).

And if you guys want, I'd love to set up a CTF tournament. :)

Also on the topic of music, I've played the cello for several years, so I'd be cool with joining in on the Minr band. ^-^

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
I'm totally for helping with any minigames, as I prefer making them over maps.
@blie4 I would like to help u with a CTF tournement if you are doing one.

On the topic of weekly CS:GO or TF2, considering some ideas are being thrown around for steam, someone needs to make a Minr Steam Community group.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
What if we got our musicians together and made an album full of collaborative performances/songs with each other?
Actually, as some said we already wanted to do this. Nothing ever happened though. You'd have to ask @Gravebound for which songs we planned on doing (*insert very loud laugh*)
It consisted of (tell me if I forget anyone):
-myself
-grave
-blie
-ian
-magic
-destructo?
(???)

For CTF, @DistinctMadness and I tried making a new map but never really did anything except the floating islands and a draft tower I made. If we're doing another CTF, I ask that we make new maps beforehand, because if there are more to choose from it could be like randomized each game so people don't learn the map by heart.

For minr based minigames, a few years ago I came up with something ridiculous, but still rather fun. Basically a high-in-the-air arena where people use only fishing rods to knock each other out. Though, the last time (few months ago) sky tried this on a private server it didn't function due to some issues.

I like blie's idea with the whole minr game night thing. I'm up for anything as long as the majority of the people participating can run it, so nothing like a steam game that costs, I dunno 40$.