• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 20 - Throne of Lies Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Um, yes, may I ask why you're voting me? I proved myself to Drah, but apparently the piles of evidence I've provided somehow isn't enough. Lom and Zath, I know it's one of you. You simply didn't do anything last night because after you saw Drah remove his vote for me with no explantion, you knew he and I were in kahoots, and figured one of us would block you. Here's some screenies of my now updated PM, because I know you'll ask for them:

https://i.imgur.com/1YmmjpB.png

https://i.imgur.com/ALBKUR2.png

https://i.imgur.com/noHxbTZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/fzWg6OC.png

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
If my occupation attempt had gone through and lom is innocent, then he could have shown that he was occupied and I would have been proven innocent, but Drah messed that up. :mad:

LomourKong

Split
Mod
Board
Aug 29, 2015
What do you mean? What happened to your occupation attempt?

I hope you're not implying that Drah OCCUPIED you, since there's a little thing I think you forgot.

Hahahahaha.png

I think that settles it, once and for all.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015

Shit.

You got me... I have nothing left. GG

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
And unfortunately Fire, I've been deceiving all of you to some extent, trying to get info.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
Yeah, I knew you’d been playing me off that whole time the same way you did with Creepa when I saw you blocked me... you did really good

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
I’m pretty sure Distinct or someone else will bring this up again after the game ends, but I’ma go ahead and mention it here: I highly agreed with lom when he said the video thing felt like cheating. I don’t mean to forge a fake one (although I did feel kinda bad doing that), but I mean to ask for one at all, because, like he said, it’s a foolproof way of proving someone innocent, at least for anyone who doesn’t know how to edit well or won’t take the time to learn how just to fake it. So I really don’t think videos of a refresh should at all become a thing in future games, else they’ll simply be “Day 1 — k everyone send your refresh videos”. I understand that screenshots can’t always be trusted because it’s really easy to edit a XenForo page (as I figured out a long time ago), but there are other, more legitimate ways to prove someone’s innocence. I say that not with salt from my loss (of which I have none; I’m really surprised and proud to have made it this far in the first place), but with concern for this really neat game.

Last edited:

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Minr Mafia Day Text.png

The town gathered once more
To discuss what they knew from before
And to end the cause of all this gore

Drah knew who was to blame
and so he threw out their name
and forced them to reclaim
the role that they had stuck to since the beginning

Fire was finally caught in his lie
and so he was willing to die
for even the best of us must sometimes say goodbye

The DM felt bad
For the game had ended sad
since he hadn't thought screenshots through.

Three votes for The_Fire_Ghoul

The_Fire_Ghoul the CULT LEADER has been LYNCHED!
His will reads:
If you are reading this, either the Cult succeeded in winning the game, or I failed and am dead, with my death marking the victory for the innocents. Things have been more crazy for the Cult this round than usual, from my understanding. So I’ve put my thoughts and actions from this point out onto here, so you can know what went on from my perspective.

Day Eight — Well, at the time of me writing this, I have just used Slash N’ Dash on Grave, and I am the invoker, perhaps about to become Cult Leader after this coming night. Contrary to what the innos think, Hex and Creepa were converted. Hex didn’t start out as cult, and his explanation for wanting Gwen dead was actually correct.
I have been “confirmed” through faked/edited screenshots and reasons outside of my knowledge that I am the Butler. I am currently in a very tight spot, because Electro, who has been radio silent for close to two weeks at this point, is being jailed every night. Hopefully he is executed by the prince tonight so I can become cult leader, and finally do some damage. My sights are set on converting Rick, since eradicate has only 1 charge left at this point, and I need someone to sacrifice to get some more for it. I’m getting ahead of myself... all of this is only if the innos think Electro is most likely the last remaining cult member, and they have Luma execute him tonight. I stop here, and see what happens.

Day Nine — Luma executed Electro, and I became Cult Leader!
Near the end of Day Nine — Wow, just dodged a huge bullet... that was almost game over. Grave came out saying I was unconfirmed, so he and 4 others voted for me. I made (what I thought was) a decent defense, but that wasn’t enough. I spent more than 5 hours stitching together a fake video of me refreshing the my supposed Butler PM. It turned out surprisingly well, considering I had 0 prior editing experience. It worked, and as I'm writing this, the tide has very quickly come off of me and onto lomour. I shall live to kill another night.

Night Nine — Well, the tide turned off of lomour and went instead towards Edan, who was lynched. I have quite a few options tonight, but things are far too complex for me to be able to quickly explain why I think the choice I'm making is best. I've formulated a plan, and it is to Eradicate ricky and luma tonight, try to stir up Zath and lom to lynch Drahmee tomorrow, and then convert Zath or Luma home-free night ten, winning the game. Will that plan succeed? No clue... my confidence in it is low, but it's the only one that seems safe-ish. Grave will bleed out tonight, and ajs will kill herself as a result. So unless Drah for whatever reason blocks me, the eradication will succeed. What I'm really worried about is how the next step will go...

Night Ten — Grave, ajs, Rick, and Luma all died last night, but things didn't quite go as planned on day period, and no one was lynched. I have, however, convinced Drah that I am not cult and will convert him tonight. If that's successful, then one option could be to sacrifice him tomorrow and Eradicate lom and Zath, theother to simply wait a couple more nights and convert one more person.

Day Eleven — Well... I’ve lost. Drah played me like a god damn fool, and blocked me last night, and because I forgot the Butler is occupy and target change immune, and shared my blockage on the forum, proving me to be lying. So I’m soon to be dead, and that means you’re reading this this as my post-death will, and with the game coming to an end.

Good Game!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good game everyone, the Innocents win!

Post game thoughts:
Firstly: This is the doc I used to record moves

When Yeroc asked about screenshots I hadn't really been thinking about all the possible ways that a they could be and would be used, so I didn't properly plan for people using them to the large extent that they did. As for future games, the 10 commandments do say "No screenshots from me or other hosts" so keep that in mind. Most games won't be played out like this at all.

Most of you failed miserably at using the will mechanic I implemented. You all played far too cautiously. Its better to record a will like this:

DistinctMadness the Drunk
N1 - Debauched Grave
N2 - Debauched Rman
N3 - Did nothing
N4 - Occupied
N5 - Healed

and have the mafia read it, then to leave a will with 0 information and have your team be left in the same place despite your death.

Most of you used your abilities throughout the whole game (excluding a few) so good on you for that. It was intended that you use your abilities throughout the whole game, including the beginning, and not just at the end if you're one of the lucky four to be alive.

As for a couple plays that were extremely funny/stupid.

Rman on Night 1 found the cult leader, but pretended to be a neutral king for some reason, which got him killed.
Yeroc424 and Creepashadowz were buds after Night 1, but Creepa was converted Night 1 so Yeroc was being played the whole game.
Gwen got targeted by like literally everything Night 3.

Last edited:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
GG!
Quite an intense game with ploying and thinking all possible scenarios through.

MVP to grave, since he placed himself as the vocal point this entire game, greatly influencing many facets.

Mistakes were made on some nights.

We had a thorough discussion about whether or not to teleport swap pickles and swim, and I eventually decided against it, merely using my barrier on him. After the fact I realised this was a mistake as he was likely to be targeted, may our debauch on electro fail (and it did...).

End-game got rather sketchy and chaotic, because we had almost everyone identified, and at that point we assumed electro was the only cult remaining. Clearly he was not, whereafter we got ourselves into a pinch.

Fire, edan and lom all had claimed roles, but none had actual proper proof post night 3, possibly meaning they were converted (we were not sure if anyone was converted either because there was no hint in the thread post :( ).

Calling for a ‘foolproof’ proof eventually shoot us in the foot, as I essentially provided a way out for Fire. Good to see that he learned a new skill in this game so I’m at least glad that happened ;)

Great job lom to pierce through this ‘proof’ and pointing toward the correct remaining player, and well played to the rest this game!

Pro Luma

I Like Anime but Not All Anime Just Some Anime
Mod
Feb 18, 2014
Thanks for hosting dist, it was very fun.
I agree that screenshots were kinda really bad thing. In the end it turned out in fires favour (those dated don't even match up ). Sorry edan for lynching you:confused: I was getting very on edge. Grave basically carried us inno up to the night he died calling every maf member and the possessor out. Fire you sure fooled me throughout the last section tho, betrayed by my ally (lines up with the 3 other minr mafia games i played). Overall fun and GG!

Schylah

The Sassy Dragon
Greenie
Jan 5, 2018
Good Game

It was very fun to watch. Someone did suggest I investigate FIre back before I died. I decided to check Zath and he was the last guy I did before I died. I was not expecting my death on Night 3. I was disappointed about my death, I do wish I could've made a will. I felt like I at least did something on day two with the evidence I brought to the table. I will say that Bstrey was excellent at hiding her role by not saying too much. I should have checked TheHexer despite Yeroc's protests.

The screenshots and videos were slowly becoming unnecessary towards the end. I do agree though, maybe a rule for videos and pictures for future rounds.

As for the moves record, it looked like everyone wanted me dead. I had fun participating and watching. I did wonder. What if I used smite on myself? What would that have done to 3 people who targeted me?

Good round that held a certain Distinct Madness to it.

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
That was pretty intense. I'm honestly surprised the cult made it this far thanks to some *questionable* plays out of our control. Pickles, why you gotta be suspicious of me for no reason? Lol

The cult made a couple of bad errors, in retrospect. Converting me, while a saving grace due to me checking Fire's class that night, also took all the suspicion that was surrounding me and legitimized it. The first eradicate was also not too well thought out, although they didn't know that Gwen would be healed, in all fairness. Bs and Electro going afk wasn't helpful, as in the case of Bs it meant that the game just got elongated and that the cult had more people to deal with. Killing yeroc was a bad play (sorry sweetie). Also kudos to fire for surviving so long by himself (since like night 3 Electro has been here in body but not in spirit).
Good game!

LomourKong

Split
Mod
Board
Aug 29, 2015
GG! I couldn't do much through the beginning and middle, I just wasted my abilities. Grave took initiative beautifully, really helped us out through the game. The innocent group with Luma and Drah did really well in scoping out potential threats. Fire's proof video was flawless, though, despite the effort I put into analysing it. Overall I had a lot of fun. (PS: Distinct's messages were great, love trying to figure out what everything means.)

Pro Luma

I Like Anime but Not All Anime Just Some Anime
Mod
Feb 18, 2014
Also if you look back at fires screenshots some are dated Jan 24th and others are Jan 29th. These are things you notice when you are dead.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
The innocent group with Luma and Drah did really well in scoping out potential threats. Fire's proof video was flawless, though, despite the effort I put into analysing it.
Thanks, I did my best to account for everything. But there was one single thing, one tiny flaw that I couldn't get rid of and I hoped no one would notice: the Minr icon next to the tab name. Notice how, in my video, when I click on the reload button, the icon then becomes the spinning blue wheel. But when the page goes into the refresh sequence, the blue wheel instantly disappears and is replaced by the Minr logo. Normally, the blue wheel remains for just a little bit after the refreshed page loads up. Very subtle, and on some PCs that may not even be the case. Other than that, I'm pretty sure the video is flawless and accounts for everything. There are some details in there that are minuscule, yet were an enormous pain to simulate (mainly the correct background image and the cursor being in exactly the right place). It all paid out in the end, though.
Also if you look back at fires screenshots some are dated Jan 24th and others are Jan 29th. These are things you notice when you are dead.
That was the one and only fake screenshot of the many that I shared in which I forgot to change one of the dates at the top. It's actually kind of miraculous no one noticed that.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
That was pretty intense. I'm honestly surprised the cult made it this far thanks to some *questionable* plays out of our control. Pickles, why you gotta be suspicious of me for no reason? Lol
Hex I was suspicious of everyone for no reason!

Also this spooky ghost doc agrees that videos should be banned.

AliBlossoms

Active Player
Greenie
Apr 13, 2017
Good game.

Thanks for hosting distinct :). I have one question. @ajs626 were you the one who stabbed me? You were the only cult I talked to and told my role. I also think that videos shouldn't be allowed. I did write a will that distinct didn't post but I didn't add more to it every day and night I was alive though.

Attachments

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Ajs was a mercenary, cat. And it was Electro the stabbed you as acting cult leader at the time, though i can assume it was because Creepa caught wind of you being the psychic in one form or another and by that I mean pickles. Pretty sure pickles said that. Not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.