• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Remove co-op maps from hexa

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
The definition of Hexa is simple: 'all accessible and playable maps on Minr (excluding Valley)'. However, I think this definition should have an exception. I wanted request this myself a long time ago, but never got to it.. so thanks for that, Electro.

The problem with co-op maps in Hexa is that they:
1) Slow down the pace in a Hexa run;
2) Make you dependent on other players.

It feels upright unnecessary for co-op maps to be added to the list of the Hexa challenge, no matter how beautiful, interesting, annoying, long or painful they can be. Perhaps it's better if Hexa consists of 'all accessible and playable maps on Minr (excluding Valley) that one player can beat on it's own. (The definition of Hexa above is just one I made up on my own, but you get my point.) Remove co-op maps from Hexa, please.

PurpleEscapade

Peon
Greenie
Aug 20, 2017
I mean, you can debate whether or not hexa is even beatable to begin with. I don't think co op maps are anywhere near the cause of you losing a hexa run. If your good enough to be anywhere near beating hexa, then you probably should pick your partners wisely. (aka don't pick me). There's many players on the server that can beat every co op map without much difficulty. So there's a lot of options you can choose from.

What others have said, Hexa is a challenge of every single map, not just certain ones. If you want to say co op maps deter you from beating hexa and should be removed, you might as well say all maps that require deaths should be removed since they are required loss of lives and deter you from beating hexa WAY more than co op maps do.

I feel like once we start banning certain maps from Hexa, we will just give it more and more rules on wether a map should be put into Hexa or not. Hexa is a challenge of every single map, the only maps that aren't included in hexa are the extra purple maps, and this is only because the coding literally doesn't allow them to be in it.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
The point isn't that it makes hexa less beatable (it's not supposed to be forgiving, after all), it's that it's counterproductive to the premise. If you have what it takes to get far, it should be through your own skill and motivation, not through whoever happens to be online with you. Why should someone who's earned their spot in a yellow or orange co-op have to pause their run unless they can find someone to take time out of their own routine and help? This is especially a problem for more frequent/dedicated hexa runners.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
And even if there are skilled players willing to help, what happens if your partner's occasional screw-up happens in the wrong place, or it turns out that one of you can't finish the map? You've essentially been cheated out of a life through no fault of your own.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
-
And even if there are skilled players willing to help, what happens if your partner's occasional screw-up happens in the wrong place, or it turns out that one of you can't finish the map? You've essentially been cheated out of a life through no fault of your own.
That's a lot of ifs. Turns out that when you do co-op maps you're gonna have to learn to trust your partner. Agreed, it's a leap of faith but on the other hand you know very well who you're teaming up with (and there are plenty of greens who are skilled enough to do co-op maps).

Also what purple said, hexa isn't hexa if not every map is in there. It's not a challenge that needs fine tuning, it was meant as this brutal (almost) impossible challenge. Once you start adding rules to it, you take away part of that challenge.

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
While I'm sure this is annoying, this is but a small inconvenience in comparison to the giant that is Hexa. It's just 4 maps of a whopping 237, 1.7%. It's actually just 3 (1.3%) considering the feature an Heist that allows players who have completed both paths to skip the map, and Jko-op can hardly be considered an aggravation when it only takes a few minutes to do. With these things in mind it's really not much trouble at all compared to the immense trouble you'd go through when doing every map. Speaking of "every map", that's exactly what defines hexa, and as stated several times above, co-op maps are still maps.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
This simply isn't true.

I admit, I have died on coop maps with someone on hexa. Did they die? No, they did not. I certainly inconvienced them, and needed another person to get them to continue their run, but these maps should not be taken out of hexa. Of the four coop maps, the only one you can die on by the fault of your partner is skippable (excluding the lava doors on brothers, but that's still parkour that if you fall it's your fault).

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
If you think of Hexa as an endurance run, I agree that having to rely on another player to progress does start to move the line between an enjoyable challenge and a tedious annoyance. However, thinking of Hexa as completing EVERY approved map on minr has a different impact.

My suggestion would be to suggest/create a "Solo Endurance" challenge to get the feel of Hexa without being slowed down by the coop requirement.

• Sad
Reactions: Big

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
If you think of Hexa as an endurance run, I agree that having to rely on another player to progress does start to move the line between an enjoyable challenge and a tedious annoyance. However, thinking of Hexa as completing EVERY approved map on minr has a different impact.

My suggestion would be to suggest/create a "Solo Endurance" challenge to get the feel of Hexa without being slowed down by the coop requirement.
Hexa isn't an endurance run.

It's a test for the masochistic, and is NOT meant to be "an enjoyable challenge."

There is a reason its reward is the rarest color title on the server, rarer than a title that by definition only is owned by one player.

Nobody looks at this challenge and goes: ha seems like an endurance test, should be fun: it's an experience of every single map.

Including Co-op.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The difference between this and Hexa would only be 3 maps (of like 240). Heist can be skipped once you have completed it before.

I'm in favour of keeping co-op maps in Hexa. It's not an every (FFA) map on the server challenge if you start removing maps. Even if your partner dies, you can have a third person to bring them back to your position.

Last edited:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
(or when creating co-op maps, allow people to skip them for challenges with a waiting room such as Heist does).
I don't like this concept, since the point of a challenge is that you have to complete all maps in the challenge (possibly with a given constraint, like hexa). Now Heist is pretty much useless to add in any challenge, and any such co-op maps would be too.

If anything it would be more beneficial to the map to remove it from hexa, than to add this 'bypass'. Then it can still be used in different challenges.

I don't feel strongly either way, removing co-op maps would be fine with me, keeping them in would be alright too.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Hexa isn't an endurance run.

It's a test for the masochistic, and is NOT meant to be "an enjoyable challenge.
And that's you're view point of it, which you have a right to. Personally, I see hexa as an endurance run where your "endurance" is the lives you get to complete it it. I find that idea enjoyable, even though I know I will never complete it because I'm bad at parkour. However, as can be ascertained by my recommendation, I am not in support of changing how hexa works

The difference between this and Hexa would only be 3 maps (of like 240).
That is true for now, but if the ,map contest theme is ever coop, I'm sure that will change.

picklesthecheeta

Rarely in a pickle!
Greenie
Oct 7, 2016
Gonna add since it's been glossed over.

Heist doesn't have the "skip" because it's a co-op map.

It has its skip because Creepa chose not to give players a forced death (I think).

Whether or not you agree on that is a whole other matter, but I don't think it should be applied to other coops (and, quite frankly don't agree with it in heist, but that's a matter for Creepa to sort out with board, I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.