• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Thinking of starting another server

Crafter

Peon
Greenie
Jul 20, 2014
Little late here but I'll give this a go. I think the best bet for a long running, community driven server would be Tekkit, as previously discussed. The only problem would be to drive interest and keep the energy levels high constantly around the server. With Tekkit, once you get to that highest level it does become mundane, as is the case with any vanilla survival world. I think this is why the server would need an ulterior motive, or something that can be a constant for players to strive for. Replay-ability is key here. Look to the recently added time trial system in zero for proof.

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
Would there be ranks on this server for donations? I'm assuming no because there has never been ranks for donations.

coolgolfer

Professional Lurker
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
The idea of factions is to build giant bases and communities to protect against enemies. I've had quite a lot of experience with factions and it can keep a server going for a long time, but it also will eventually die out. The one thing to keep in mind for factions is to make sure that there has to be some baseline to create a faction, otherwise there will be tons of tiny 4 or 5 person factions that never do anything.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I think factions can be a good idea if it is handled properly.

Firstly, the idea of sky-island factions seems very appealing (to me at least). Each faction has limited resources on their home island, they can potentially fight to claim new islands, etc.

hmmm....on that note, could set it up to where the factions are fighting for dominance. When a faction wants to try to win control of an area, the factions get together, stage a siege, and the winner gets the area. The goal then would be similar to Ingress: control as much of the map as you can for as long as you can. If the defenders decide to blow up the land (making it worthless overall) the lose a different plot to the other faction.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
The overall issue with having a faction sky block like that is how you'd overthrow someone who owns the most land. The factions with the most land have the most resources, so that they can destroy weak faction almost all the time.

Also, the sky lock map itself I feel should work like this:
1. Achievements, such as gathering 128 total logs
2. A different map style. So many people know what sky block looks like, change it up a little if you can.
3. A ranking system (1-100) for how powerful your faction is, that way people with levels 1-10 aren't always fighting 61-70s.
4. Custom crafting? Very lenient, but can be confusing.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
I think factions can be a good idea if it is handled properly.

Firstly, the idea of sky-island factions seems very appealing (to me at least). Each faction has limited resources on their home island, they can potentially fight to claim new islands, etc.

hmmm....on that note, could set it up to where the factions are fighting for dominance. When a faction wants to try to win control of an area, the factions get together, stage a siege, and the winner gets the area. The goal then would be similar to Ingress: control as much of the map as you can for as long as you can. If the defenders decide to blow up the land (making it worthless overall) the lose a different plot to the other faction.
That would be a good idea, but all the "main" islands would have to be initially under staff control, to make it that a faction has to put some effort into getting it, and not just first come, first server (I really hate that idea on the internet, due to timezones).

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
The overall issue with having a faction sky block like that is how you'd overthrow someone who owns the most land. The factions with the most land have the most resources, so that they can destroy weak faction almost all the time.

Also, the sky lock map itself I feel should work like this:
1. Achievements, such as gathering 128 total logs
2. A different map style. So many people know what sky block looks like, change it up a little if you can.
3. A ranking system (1-100) for how powerful your faction is, that way people with levels 1-10 aren't always fighting 61-70s.
4. Custom crafting? Very lenient, but can be confusing.
In a siege event, a smaller force can overthrow a larger force if they are smart about it.

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Looks like a great plan already!

@Chillers am I Laos allowed to This thing? Ive had soms experience with acidentically crashing servers, so just asking ^.^

coolgolfer

Professional Lurker
Greenie
Nov 6, 2013
To provide challenges, we could always use the questbook mod which is popular in many modpacks. Custom crafting would be an interesting idea as well to prevent any one faction from amassing too many items. For example, make the quarry recipe much harder than normal.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I can't guarentee factions but i will look into it. Factions would require a round the clock community which we wont have at first. We are in the process of building spawn. (A crashed spaceship on an unfamiliar planet). At the moment i have grief prevention installed. I need to know if players woul like siege mode enabled on this?

Looks like a great plan already!

@Chillers am I Laos allowed to This thing? Ive had soms experience with acidentically crashing servers, so just asking ^.^
Not sure what this means.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Guessing laos = also. Soms = some, acidentically = accidentally, and uh capitalized characters. (There you go sky)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I think sky is worried because of his past incidents of crashing the modded minr servers chill :p

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Autocorrect really doesnt like me :p (for reference, that was my ENGLISH autocorrect, you should see my dutch one.)

Im asking if yallow me onto the server, since i had quite some experiences with crashes i caused (by accident!) on previous tekkit/ftb servers :)