• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

We need to do something about these bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Over the past 2 days I've warned and deleted 4-5. Not even joking. They're popping up every few hours and it is really annoying to have to delete each one.

Now, I'm not sure what Xenforo has against these, but it'd be nice to install a forum plugin and/or put in better security questions to block these from even registering.

Pretty much that.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I've suggested this several times in communities I've been a part of:

https://www.stopforumspam.com/contributions

stopforumspam is a database of known ad- and spam- bot accounts and their registration details (IP, email, etc.). @Chillers whould need to be the one to sign up for query-ing access as the root admin of the forum. From what I've read more recently, there are two pre-built scripts for the xenforo system.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I've suggested this several times in communities I've been a part of:

https://www.stopforumspam.com/contributions

stopforumspam is a database of known ad- and spam- bot accounts and their registration details (IP, email, etc.). @Chillers whould need to be the one to sign up for query-ing access as the root admin of the forum. From what I've read more recently, there are two pre-built scripts for the xenforo system.
Hi Srent we are already linked with stopforumspam and new registrations are already checked against their database. We are also linked with project honeypot. The suspect would appear to be human as the registration requires the answer to: what game does minr.org play? There is no way a robot will get that.

Never the less i've linked registration with google captcha hopefully this will stop it i have also enabled email confirmation, if the person is truly human though and has a legit email address there is little we can do to prevent it as they are using multiple ip's.

Last edited:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Good to know, that filters outva LOT of hits. If we still have the details, we should submit them to the database to help out (if not done yet :p).

With the human ones, the captcha will filter out the ones who are going for volume since those can take significant time.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Good to know, that filters outva LOT of hits. If we still have the details, we should submit them to the database to help out (if not done yet :p).

With the human ones, the captcha will filter out the ones who are going for volume since those can take significant time.
The forum is already set up to automatically add people that failed make it past the registration

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Would it be possible to set up the forum ban system to also add the real people who get banned for the advertising activities? I don't know much about the XenForo system.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Would it be possible to set up the forum ban system to also add the real people who get banned for the advertising activities? I don't know much about the XenForo system.
I'm not sure thats possible as the data is pulled by api automatically to their website. The only way that we could do that is by reporting them manually however. Now that the forum is more secure any more attempts will automatically be filtered onto their site.

The only other way to prevent spam bots is to use an application like this that links players in game minecrafts accounts with their forum accounts.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I've added additional support, threads posted by newer members with certain keywords will be auto flagged for moderation and the account will be automatically banned, an email will be sent to the account holder if this was done in error. I have also blocked Baidu search engine as i believe this to be the source that is referring us to spammers. Time will tell if this makes a massive impact, i suspect it will.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Additional features added as spammers are reverting to posting in profile comments bypassing spam check.

Registered users will no longer be able to post profile comments until they they have posted a minimum of 2 messages. They will then be auto promoted to Whitey group. Users who have already met this requirement have been promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.