• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Zero.minr2.org?

TheEagg2112

Peon
Greenie
Feb 2, 2014
So during the last couple of week's after playing many and many hour's of minr I suddenly started thinking "man this server has a really deep and old community". However for me it looks like the server over the year's has started to get a little more pale. I try to think of a solution until finally the idea hit me... What if we made a second server?

This second server would be a complete restart of the original minr, this meaning that all blue, green and admin ranks would not pass over to this server. This server would also have a new spawn, new ffa hub, and complete new maps. I know this would take a really long time to set up, but the original server staff did it once, so we could do it again!

Anyway i'm gonna stay active on the forums. Please post your thoughts below. Thanks :)

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I don't think it is needed myself. What would help the server is if we changed how we approached the builds. Building courses is just one aspect of the server, but it takes up a huge chunk of people's play time.
Actually, that's not the real problem. There are 2 true problems:
a) Updating. I understand there were some issues, but it has been a very long time since 1.8 was released. Heck, I'm pretty sure 1.9 is coming soon.
b) The playerbase. Let's face it - zero is currently filled with the same people who have been here for the last year and beyond. I have not seen any new active players. Sure, we have the occasional whities that stop by every 4 days, rage in Mineco and leave, but that's not the kind of players needed. The blues I've seen are all either stuck on a level forever and will just give up because they have to do it all alone (because there are very few other blues) or they're blues that have been on the server longer than I have and have just completely given up on HC. The greens I see are all people that have been here, again, for a long time, and even those greens just leave when they see that the server has 0/50 online players. Now you're going to say "but wait, there are new greens". Yes, but there are no active new greens.
When the civ server launches, zero will be even more dead because everyone will be on civ instead. That's exactly what happened when play and tekkit were up, right?

The solution to both problems? Pretty simple. First, update. Next, get some people on the server for once. In the 3 (in May) years while I've been here the only form of advertising this place I've seen is the reddit posts which get deleted, the yogscast forums post, and the 4 PMC posts created by different people which I'm pretty sure I should have removed by now. If 10 new active people join the server, then at least 1 one of them will be dedicated enough to finish HC and start building a map.
In order for that person to stay dedicated though, the review process needs to go faster. Once a map enters that thing, it's going to stay there for the next 2-3 months until either the creator completely forgets about it or he/she gets a review book telling him/her to redo half of it and go through the wait again.

I understand people are busy and that people have lives, heck I will probably not be able to breathe from the pile of books in the next couple of weeks, but just two new active players and one new player a week can make a difference.

/end long and boring post

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
The loss of bukkit hurt us badly on the updating side. I have some ideas that might help us bypass that issue (at least temporarily) that I will be bringing up to the other ops to see if we can implement or improve them.

We definitely need a better way to advertise the server. In the past, we had talked about holding a regular competition we could advertise on the minecraft forums and reddit as a way to bring in people...closest thing to that is HC's NW. I think we should revisit this idea.

The biggest holdup with the review process imho is that we have two (maybe three, but now probably one) player(s) who work on it and are busy with real life stuff. If @yeroc424 and @Ajdj are willing to have more staff work in reviews, then we could potentially speed it up.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
The biggest holdup with the review process imho is that we have two (maybe three, but now probably one) player(s) who work on it and are busy with real life stuff. If @yeroc424 and @Ajdj are willing to have more staff work in reviews, then we could potentially speed it up.
Uh, actually in the past I've seen sky/ricky get the reviews made by mods and greens in the chest and make the review book/publish the map, so I wouldn't exactly say it's only yeroc and aj working in the reviews.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
That's odd... I have offered them both help with it via forum pm in the past and never heard anything back...

Edit: you know what, my brain is derping. There was a forum post and everything about that change to the ffa review process.

Last edited:

Ajdj

Minr Admin
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I never got heavily involved in the whole board process. I did small pieces here and there, but am now having to focus my efforts other places.

Yes, I know we need to update to 1.8, and I want to, but me getting anything setup is much slower than C & the older staff doing anything. I knew nothing when I started, and progress is slow, but things are getting done on the back-end that aren't directly changing how many players join but are necessary for the server to properly run.

It's now been 4 weeks Since we got the server up and running and we have:
  • The ability to Generate logs from console (Still need C to send the old log files)
  • Completely automated backups that don't intrude on the server resources
  • Debugged many of the problems that came with moving zero up to a new server box
  • Retained a decent amount of the player-base
That 4th point is debatable, but I can see why people would look at zero and say that It's having troubles. I want to figure out the best way to let other admins onto the box, and then 1.8 becomes the highest priority.

Short version: I'm working on it, stuffs getting done, IRL prevents me from focusing on MINR as a first priority.

I also gotta start getting ready, as my semester classes end on Friday.

Last edited:

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
I think we need a new Minr trailer for the server like the one Chillers did but new and improved. I wouldn't mind doing it if I could find the spare time. Just a suggestion.

awkward_hamster

Active Player
Greenie
Jan 4, 2014
Could I suggest that what we need is one admin or staff member who presides over advertising and is responsible for deciding what gets posted where. In the past I think it's been a case of post what you can, where you can, leading to disorganisation and a general lack of cohesion surrounding what material gets put where. If we had one person with a strong idea of the overall message, I think the whole process would have a clearer image.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
I think we need a new Minr trailer for the server like the one Chillers did but new and improved. I wouldn't mind doing it if I could find the spare time. Just a suggestion.
And if I remember correctly, the trailer never acttually said anything about Zero. it just said it was a hostile world.

TheEagg2112

Peon
Greenie
Feb 2, 2014
First of, thanks for all your opinions as I really enjoyed reading them all, I'm currently working on a trailer myself but I think an admin should take in-charge off that as they can fly, and maybe give the footage with someone really good with editing. Second thing that I though that perhaps a easy and quick way to get a player base are you tubers. You-tubers can make MC servers popular fast and the server has a lot of material for you-tube.

Finally my main idea. I still support the idea that a new minr could really help with a new community and I'm still willing to help make it and even try to host it

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
If you would like to make a server that is similar to minr, you are free to, but I would suggest not using the minr name if you do. Making a new server would only serve to undermine the current one.

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
I would like to point out that, due to the fact that players are more interested in minigames and such now, rather than survival, a new server wouldn't attract much attention beyond the current community. Meaning that a server influenced by zero, with zero's players, would ultimately either end up as a clone of the current server or not kick off at all.

I personally think that if changes should be made, it should be to appeal to the current interests of people playing minecraft. I think this would mean making pvp and minigames more available to whites/blues. To avoid undermining the parkour/puzzle aspect of the server, these wouldn't be a replacement for what we currently have, but an addition on top of it.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I would like to point out that, due to the fact that players are more interested in minigames and such now, rather than survival, a new server wouldn't attract much attention beyond the current community. Meaning that a server influenced by zero, with zero's players, would ultimately either end up as a clone of the current server or not kick off at all.

I personally think that if changes should be made, it should be to appeal to the current interests of people playing minecraft. I think this would mean making pvp and minigames more available to whites/blues. To avoid undermining the parkour/puzzle aspect of the server, these wouldn't be a replacement for what we currently have, but an addition on top of it.
Adding to this - perhaps adding things in the bottom of FFA where Chillers' spleef is such as CTF or any other minigame would help. Since there aren't many people on at a certain times, mass minigames wouldn't work, so what about things like co-op maps or perhaps a 2 player tic tac toe? Generally I think since, as jag said people are more interested in minigames perhaps minr should have something that fits the playerbase of zero, but is still a minigame.

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Adding to this - perhaps adding things in the bottom of FFA where Chillers' spleef is such as CTF or any other minigame would help.
Just so people out there know, Ive moved the spleef from quartz spawn to the ffa ship bottom level. Mods+ can host at the moment.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
It would be a good idea to branch out a bit. There is a semi-functional tic tac toe on the map somewhere. I have long forgotten the coordinates, so unless someone happens to have a copy of the server map it will take some time to find again. It is very basic and prone to bugging out, but would work. If someone wanted to make a new/better one, it would be a good beta model to reference.

Bobtheblob

Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
It would be a good idea to branch out a bit. There is a semi-functional tic tac toe on the map somewhere. I have long forgotten the coordinates, so unless someone happens to have a copy of the server map it will take some time to find again. It is very basic and prone to bugging out, but would work. If someone wanted to make a new/better one, it would be a good beta model to reference.
I wouldn't mind attempting to create tic tac toe but would it be made with commands blocks or redstone. If it used command blocks i wouldn't be able to make it because i am not a mod

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Pure redstone. When yeroc and I were messing around with it after finding the original circuit, I knew only the basics of redstone. With the updates and more knowledge of it, an efficient and reliable circuit wouldn't be hard to produce.

Bobtheblob

Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
Ok I will try to make one in single player and see how it goes

Jkjkelly1

The 28th Doctor.
Op
Oct 27, 2013
Pure redstone. When yeroc and I were messing around with it after finding the original circuit, I knew only the basics of redstone. With the updates and more knowledge of it, an efficient and reliable circuit wouldn't be hard to produce.
I could make a simple one with scriptblocks and WE until a redstone one is working