• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 13: Glitches

East and West is the best. West to East is a rotation for the norm.

• East

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • West

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Destructo69

o/
Greenie
Nov 3, 2013
I find that since dist decided to "jump the gun" a bit here, I figure he knows something that he is not sharing. I am going to #Lynch DistinctMadness because of the leap of faith he is doing, which seems very reckless and unsafe. Also "Just trust me on this"? This game is all about lying, so I'm going to stick with my vote, until i get more proof on who is who.

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
...but it's a game of disrespect, lies and deception. I don't see why you expect me to be nice to everyone when one of us is going to backstab the other at one point. Look at my past posts in past games, I don't see anything nice, do you? I don't have anything against Dist in particular, if anyone does, that is simply their problem and they should get it sorted for the sake of not involving meta.
Yes, it is about lying and manipulation, but who said anything about disrespect? Mafia does not give anyone an excuse to be a jerk; that would take away the fun. : )

After thinking a bit, I'll switch to #vote dist as well.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
Can someone translate Ricky's post please? I'm between classes and have a midterm in a few, so please post a translation of you're willing. Thanks

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
the death of me shall not be in vain, cry not, young innocents.
I died so one of you could live another day. defeat what is bad,
defend what is good and destroy the glitches once and for all.
good luck.

thanks bro :cool:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Sorry dis, but for the sake of preventing another squabble like what happened between forgot and me one round, I have to say this.

Dis pm'd me his reasoning. I see logic in it, but I am also worried that it may be boarderline metagaming (it is within the gray area that it really comes down to the interpretation of the host). While I agree with his reasoning, I am withholding my vote because I don't know whether it is or is not going to be called out as meta.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
@DistinctMadness For whatever reason you decided to keep your reasoning from us, I think you're gonna have to tell us anyway, since the majority of players really isn't convinced.
Let's assume there are 5 Mafia, 19 innocents. Total of 24.

P(killing an innocent) = 19/24
P(killing mafia) = 5/24

Obviously these stats are flawed but the probability that killing Zath or Dist would result in an innocent death is too high.
Here's the problem with that. If we keep no-lynching under that reasoning, we'll eventually end up in a "lynch or lose" situation where we'll have to guess right several times in a row to win, which is very unlikely. It's much better to go off of the leads we have and take some risks earlier on.

However, I only mean within reason, so you reckless players don't get the wrong hint from this. As I said before, I only joined the bandwagon because I've come to see that people have good reasons for withholding information.

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Would like to see some more reasoning behind this, but I think Ill join in the vote against zath because:

If we vote for no one, then we arent getting anywhere and its basically another day for the mafia to act.
I feel like distinct wouldnt have placed himself in the spotlight if he were mafia.
In the case that zath is innocent, we would then have a basis to suspect dist of being mafia.

Not great reasoning, but I dont think I could do much more in this situation :\

#lynch zath

Spontida10

Peon
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
@DistinctMadness For whatever reason you decided to keep your reasoning from us, I think you're gonna have to tell us anyway, since the majority of players really isn't convinced.

Here's the problem with that. If we keep no-lynching under that reasoning, we'll eventually end up in a "lynch or lose" situation where we'll have to guess right several times in a row to win, which is very unlikely. It's much better to go off of the leads we have and take some risks earlier on.

However, I only mean within reason, so you reckless players don't get the wrong hint from this. As I said before, I only joined the bandwagon because I've come to see that people have good reasons for withholding information.
Well of course we won't get anhtbing done but usually evidence pops up later on past the first days.

DistinctMadness

Old Green
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Well of course we won't get anhtbing done but usually evidence pops up later on past the first days.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH
Thats just so wrong.

Evidence doesn't just pop up, last time no action happened was Zath's round, and I think we found a total of like 1 mafia members that round.

This "evidence" you are talking about is usually because someone, like me, posts for a ban and is either right or wrong, and from there different things are discovered. Its a whole branch scene. There has not been a single game in which evidence has just popped up.

Another thing some do is background work, stuff not obvious to everyone. That way they find out different things and then from that, find out who is the mafia and who isn't.
If we vote for no one, then we arent getting anywhere and its basically another day for the mafia to act.
I feel like distinct wouldnt have placed himself in the spotlight if he were mafia.
In the case that zath is innocent, we would then have a basis to suspect dist of being mafia.
Thank you for at least voting for someone so that we can actually get somewhere in this game.

As for the the zath being innocent thing, I personally think its dumb that if you guess a mafia and are wrong, you're basically out of the game.
That being said, I don't think me being wrong about zath would make me more likely to be mafia, because lets be honest, NOBODY is ballsy enough to vote off someone day 1 if they are mafia.
They try to stay alive as long as possible and get kills that way.
They try to fly under the radar.
They are the ones who nobody notices.
That's how we've all assumed is the proper way to play as mafia, because that way you don't get voted off till the end.

Just putting that out there

EDIT: All of you who are voting for nobody, please vote for me, or vote for someone else who you think is mafia. At least if that happens we are able to continue the game and will begin to be able to tell who the mafia are.

Last edited:

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
As for the the zath being innocent thing, I personally think its dumb that if you guess a mafia and are wrong, you're basically out of the game.
That being said, I don't think me being wrong about zath would make me more likely to be mafia, because lets be honest, NOBODY is ballsy enough to vote off someone day 1 if they are mafia.
They try to stay alive as long as possible and get kills that way.
They try to fly under the radar.
They are the ones who nobody notices.
That's how we've all assumed is the proper way to play as mafia, because that way you don't get voted off till the end.
Thats one of the reasons I havent voted for dist, like I pointed out.

We cant use a innocent until proved guilty approach here, because we never really get enough evidence to prove someone guilty, which is why I decided to vote for zath, as starting my own theory so far into the "day" would be useless and only place suspicion on me.

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
Has anyone figured out what the poll is all about yet? Also, did anyone see any clues in Jk's post? I know that the thing about baked goods is a hint, but I'm not willing to share what that's about publicly just yet.

As for voting, I'm going to keep mine where it is. Someone should die, and if Distinct is dead, we might not hear his reasoning (Sren could be Mafia-killed that night).

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
opps, what did u use?

SIDE NOTE: i think the poll will affect the game in a way we can not understand

Last edited:

Pieceofcheese87

always in a Gouda mood
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I already decoded it creeper.

on a side note, since he's so desperate to get votes,
#lynch distinct

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
#lynch nobody

The first reply during Day 1 is immediately to lynch someone with no info given. As spon said, the chances of us killing mafia are just above 20%.

Is distinct mafia?

On the other hand, forgot immedialty killed bstrey in Minr Mafia 11 and got it right.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Well, I will say this for people to think about: If I die, it will only serve as a detriment to the side that kills me with no gained benefit to the other side. If dis dies, I will share his thoughts since the issue is moot at that point. If he does not, it is up to him to decide if and when to share it.

As to the poll, not a clue. I love puzzles and riddles, but I am shite with cyphers.

"The answer to this question is false"
"East"
"West"

Did a quick search to see if I could find clues from the almighty google, found this interesting tidbit:

In 1931, the Czech-born mathematician Kurt Gödel demonstrated that within any given branch of mathematics, there would always be some propositions that couldn't be proven either true or false using the rules and axioms ... of that mathematical branch itself. You might be able to prove every conceivable statement about numbers within a system by going outside the system in order to come up with new rules and axioms, but by doing so you'll only create a larger system with its own unprovable statements. The implication is that all logical system of any complexity are, by definition, incomplete; each of them contains, at any given time, more true statements than it can possibly prove according to its own defining set of rules.

Gödel's Theorem has been used to argue that a computer can never be as smart as a human being because the extent of its knowledge is limited by a fixed set of axioms, whereas people can discover unexpected truths ... It plays a part in modern linguistic theories, which emphasize the power of language to come up with new ways to express ideas. And it has been taken to imply that you'll never entirely understand yourself, since your mind, like any other closed system, can only be sure of what it knows about itself by relying on what it knows about itself.
Baked goods (bread, cookies, cake, pumpkin pie)

Then there's the argument that it is a statement, not a question, and therefore it makes itself moot. Actually, furthering upon that thought, it could be a hint to the round...when reading the statement, people assumed a question where one was not asked. Given that the choices are (seemingly) unrelated to the statement, it could be a cryptic way of saying, "don't assume anything"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.