• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 5: Bounties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
While the group was waiting outside the nether portal last round...

Srentiln tossed the core of his golden apple down into a lava lake as he climbed out of the crator the bed blast had left behind. "Nice try lemmer" he thought, recounting how he had noticed the touch of the glitch in time to use a corrupted bow on him. However, the golden apple had only saved him from the blast, not the effects of the glitch touch. His mind was filled with conflicting images of all his comrads being glitches, griefers, and innocents. There was only one thing to do. He hastily created a map of the subway system that would take them the long way around and headed directly for the X station. He had to make preparations...

Welcome to Minr Mafia: Bounty edition!

I am your demented host, srentiln, and we are going to play a little game. In the midst of players who have managed to reclaim zero, there are glitches, griefers, and hackers. Rather than dealing with them myself, I'm going to let you guys fight it out...the fact that I don't know who is who doesn't help me out after all. However, I don't think it would be very fun for anyone if this were to go fast, so everyone on the server gets permanent blindness! Don't worry, you can still see that someone is near you, but you will have to take time to identify who they are. However, if you take that time, you lose the element of surprise.

I'm not letting you guys have all the fun, I'll be wandering around to. I just love surprises, don't you? I have left you a note with your target at your current location. Happy hunting ^_^

Roles:
op - can clear blindness for one turn (allows you to identify all other players in a new location instantly)
mod - can turn on god mode for a turn (avoids damage)
green - starts with a special item
glitch - can transfer an attack to another player (avoids damage)
hacker - can show nametags for a turn (allows you to identify all other players in a new location instantly)
minion - starts with a special item

goals:
your first goal will be to find and defeat your target. Killing your target will get you some emeralds, killing other players will yield none. However, killing the competition could save your own life. Emeralds are used in fortuna to buy one of two potions: a splash potion of healing and a splash potion of harming. The potions can be used against me to either save or destroy the server. Healing will clear my mind, harming will further cloud it.

items (single-use):
enderpearl - avoid event-based damage
map - tells you the current location of your target

weapon:
sword - you found it in a chest in your starting area.

This round we will be using something I coded to test the potential for automating mafia rounds to allow the host to participate without meta-gaming. I will not know anyone's roll, inventory, etc. All I will know is the password I create for you to access the page, when and where special events occur (so that I may relay them to everyone), and when someone has died along with their role (if one side is wiped out, we need to know so the game can end afterall).

Please excuse any bugs with the system, I didn't have any real way to test it before we started. Let me know right away if you get any error messages. If for whatever reason it fails without being fixable, I will set my actions to fully random wandering and manually control the round.

Signups will be open until Friday to give people time to determine if they will be able to actively participate. When the signups are closed, I will be generating passwords for people to access the system and see their role. Again, I will not know your roles, so you don't need to send me your actions...unless the system fails, which would be a bummer.

edit: updating info to reflect current code. If you guys enjoy this style, I will work on improving the code to include support for features I had to cut.

Last edited:

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
In. surely :D Looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too amazing to miss :p

Jkjkelly1

The 28th Doctor.
Op
Oct 27, 2013
I'm in! Is this a program you wrote? Randomly assigned roles so even you don't know? Interesting..

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I'm in! Is this a program you wrote? Randomly assigned roles so even you don't know? Interesting..
Yes, as I have mentioned previously, I'm a self-taught web-coder. My last project of similar scale was to code my own forum system, and I was 80% done when i had a finals week. Unfortunately, at that time I didn't really agree with commenting your code to say what each bit did and when I finally had time to work on it again I had forgotten all of my functions and had to either dump it or start from scratch...I chose the former...

So long as the program doesn't have a catastrophic error I will not know your roles. However, a bit of warning: Some of the things I posted (items, weapons, and roles) might change. I've been having some problems with the automatic timer for executing the actions and will be taking control of that manually via a button on my "mafia host" page. I haven't tested how that will react with some of the things yet (it's amazing how much damage a single change can do sometimes).

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
healing potion saves the server, harming potion sends the server into a new chaos and the next round master has to choose if they want to clean it up or try to reclaim another of the servers lost in previous rounds :p

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
healing potion saves the server, harming potion sends the server into a new chaos and the next round master has to choose if they want to clean it up or try to reclaim another of the servers lost in previous rounds :p
3 Words: You Are Evil.

creeperTNTman198

Lord of the Creepers
Mod
Nov 2, 2013
So in other words, the course of minr mafia will be determined the how trolly the person who gets a potion is feeling at that given time :eek:

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013

Let's hope I get the potion then xD

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Okay, time to clear things up because I just realized that I copy+pasted the original version of the description, not the one that was clarified:

there are still two sides: those saving minr, and those destroying it. Your role determines which side you are on. When you can buy the potion, the system will automatically give you the correct one for your role.

Also, if the game comes down to one of you and me, the one person left auto-wins...at a cost XD

Status
Not open for further replies.