• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 5: Bounties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Current List of participants;
  • srentiln (of course)
  1. freak
  2. henni
  3. ricky
  4. jelly
  5. creeper
  6. distinct
  7. c_dric (I was pleasantly surprised here)
  8. cory
  9. jag
  10. yeroc
  11. forgot
  12. zath
  13. electro
  14. halex
You have until 11:59 PM PST (GMT - 8:00) to decide you wish to participate if you have not yet signed up.
Saturday, I will run the role selection (thank you PHP for having an array_rand() function ^_^) and start make passwords for people (or rather, the other way around, or else I'd see the roles in the database...). The actual round start will be between Monday and Wednesday because there are some parts of the code that require me to have the full list of players before I can test them.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Does Java not have such a function built in?

TBH, it wouldn't be too difficult to make your own function to do that,but it's a pain to type out.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Does Java not have such a function built in?

TBH, it wouldn't be too difficult to make your own function to do that,but it's a pain to type out.
Not by default as far as I know. There are many easy ways to program randomizers though.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
rand() ? Haha, I believe C++ Has a way to do srand(time(0)) and then you can just use rand()
I always use Math.Random() gives a number between 0-1 if you do that * 100 you get a percentage... etc

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
ricky, what array_rand() does is takes an array and outputs a random entry. You can specify how many entries for it to output. If you tell it to output all the entries, then it puts all the entries in a random order without any repeats.

As to plain random number generation, mt_rand() is far better than just rand(), It is much closer to being truly random and runs is far less time.

MOUTHWEST

Custom title
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
public static int random()
{
// This program generates a random number!
// How cool is that!?

int a = 7; // We need three prime numbers as variables
int b = 11; // so the modulus function can have unique, evenly distributed results
int c = 13; // 7, 11, 13 can work for a relatively simple generator
c = a*b/(b+2*c)+a*c%b-5*power(2,b)/a/c;
int r = 4; // Stores our random number in r, which is four
System.out.println("Your random number is four!"); // Wait, won't r always be four?
return r; // Crap.
}

HC12345

loves the culture
Op
Oct 26, 2013
YUS HC CLUTCH TIMING
IM IN

On a site note....how the hell did I not see this thread for like, 4 days?

TheForgottenUser

Honorary green
Greenie
Whitey
Nov 3, 2013
YUS HC CLUTCH TIMING
IM IN

On a site note....how the hell did I not see this thread for like, 4 days?
I didn't see it either at first. I rely on the top notification bit and alerts for new stuff, so ban appeal buried it for a little while.

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Ive done a bit of work in c#, cant remember the exact line of code, but it set its own variable as a random number less than the provided number, using the computers time as a seed

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Meh, I'm starting to have cold symptoms after getting a flu shot, so I don't care that he slipped in late. However, it also means that the start will have an extra small delay because I'm having a hard time staying focused, heh

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I have to get a flu shot because my sister's immune system is compromised thanks to some jackass on the freeway deciding he'd rather run her off it than wait the two seconds it takes to make the lane change she was signaling, resulting in over 2 years in the hospital--with nurses who didn't give two shits about the quality of their work, causing more damage than there would have been--as well permanent disability.

things that are true about a sick sren:
  1. loss of mental focus
  2. strange appetites
  3. will use a run on sentance

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Hey guys, I need to apologize because this isn't going to start anywhere near to when I thought it would. I woke up this morning with a fever of 100.7 (one check even said 103, but the thermometer made a strange noise, so I don't know if it was even working) and couldn't even go in to work. This is the first moment all day that I've even been able to think in coherent sentences (and I was saying some pretty strange stuff earlier). I do hope to get it started soon, but I can't make any promises on when,

Status
Not open for further replies.