• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XIX: Retribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
I don't know if I find it suspicious, but I have nothing else to work with :p
Why bring it up as suspicious if you don't have a real opinion on it?

I'm mostly curious because it was just such a strange thing to call someone out for either way, and without any reason or context for why it caught your eye. Questioning people is a green light in most cases if anything.

As for Z3 being fillery, I don't think that means a lot at this stage. If he keeps posting like this as the game develops and there's substantial content to look at, I'd start looking into him.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
I copied most of the Commandments that I considered relevant to the game under Standard Rules (skipped 1, 7 and 9).
9 was a sort of mixed bag for me as it means to avoid using meta at all, which would be your past experience with players (which you can't avoid using to some degree) but also implied the "no-grudges" idea.
However, I hope that no-grudges is sufficiently covered by the Play in the spirit of the game and Play to win rules. If it isn't, killing over grudges is not allowed. You can use past experience though. Again, play within the spirit of the game.

Pro Luma

I Like Anime but Not All Anime Just Some Anime
Mod
Feb 18, 2014
As for Z3 being fillery, I don't think that means a lot at this stage. If he keeps posting like this as the game develops and there's substantial content to look at, I'd start looking into him.
I agree with this, its day one and there isn't any substantial evidence for anyone at this point which is part of what makes this random lynch mechanic so interesting.

Pro Luma

I Like Anime but Not All Anime Just Some Anime
Mod
Feb 18, 2014
Any opinion on my interactions with Edan/bstrey?
You started the game very aggresively especially questioning bstrey immediately when all she did was ask a question that she didnt know the answer to, this makes you seem very suspicious in my eyes and the eyes of most people here. Your interactions with Edan were definetly much more brief and just ended up with each of you becoming suspicous.
Whilst there isn't any substantial evidence there definetly is alot of questionable behaviour surrounding you.

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
I don't know what you're trying to convey here
Maybe the sense of how things go in mafia has changed since the last time I played, but in the past, I might've been a slight bit suspicious to see one form an opinion about someone based on a simple question.

swimmy1212

Swimming around
Op
Feb 28, 2015
Seems pretty fast to be calling people out. I think electro was just trying to get the game moving, unless he's had plenty of experience at this.

Plus the fact that someone has to be lynched in less than 48 hours, have to get something out.

Last edited:

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
The problem is that someone needs to be lynched, no matter by random chance or voting. I feel like it'd be way better to lynch someone ourselves than leaving it up to luck.
So far SleeknFoxy, creeperTNTman198, and nahfackler haven't replied to the thread at all. As long as they respond I'll be fine with them but if not I say we lynch one. Even if they prove to be an innocent, if they haven't been involved in beginning chat it'd be hard to rely on them in endgame.

As for the likeliest mafia, innocent, and independent counts from what I can gather:
16 Players currently exist
3-4 Mafia?

2-3 Independents
10 Innocents

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
1) You started the game very aggresively
2) especially questioning bstrey immediately when all she did was ask a question that she didnt know the answer to, this makes you seem very suspicious in my eyes and the eyes of most people here.
3) Your interactions with Edan were definetly much more brief and just ended up with each of you becoming suspicous.
Whilst there isn't any substantial evidence there definetly is alot of questionable behaviour surrounding you.
1) Why is aggressiveness suspicious? It's starting to get us somewhere, isn't it?

2) Uh no, I gave her innocent points for that and (I think) explained pretty clearly why I did it.

3) Reason for each of us?

@bstrey It's not a very strong or reliable indicator, but it was enough to make note of when I reviewed the first page for something to start discussion about. A weak signal is still a signal.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
The problem is that someone needs to be lynched, no matter by random chance or voting. I feel like it'd be way better to lynch someone ourselves than leaving it up to luck.
So far SleeknFoxy, creeperTNTman198, and nahfackler haven't replied to the thread at all. As long as they respond I'll be fine with them but if not I say we lynch one. Even if they prove to be an innocent, if they haven't been involved in beginning chat it'd be hard to rely on them in endgame.

As for the likeliest mafia, innocent, and independent counts from what I can gather:
3-4 Mafia?

2-3 Independents
10 Innocents
So much this. And I think what a lot of people don't realize in mafia is that being really cautious and having an innocent-until-proven-guilty mindset isn't going to help catch scum the vast majority of the time. There's a fine line between reason and inaction.

Creepa did say that there were probably 3 mafia in the opening post. There's really no way of knowing how reliable that claim is, but I'd say it's probably true and put my estimate for the alignment count at 11/3/2. I'm not sure that Creep would put 3 or more independents in a medium-sized setup like this.

I'm kind of skeptical of how Luma joined the suspicion on me but didn't speak up until I questioned him about it, so I'd probably vote there before one of the inactives. I need to see how he responds to my last post before committing to a read on him, though.

Edan456 the 2nd

Bad at building stuff
Greenie
Apr 30, 2017

3-4 Mafia?

2-3 Independents
10 Innocents
I agree with rm about the inactive players. I'll give them 24 hours to post, and if they don't say anything, we lynch one of them.

_Z3_

Peon
Whitey
Jun 19, 2017
You started the game very aggresively especially questioning bstrey immediately when all she did was ask a question that she didnt know the answer to, this makes you seem very suspicious in my eyes and the eyes of most people here.
Electro didnt even question bstrey AT ALL, and even if he did this makes NO SENSE as a case for why hes scum. Asking stuff doesnt make you scum.
Your interactions with Edan were definetly much more brief and just ended up with each of you becoming suspicious
I would like more elaboration unles i missed something.
You said theres no substansiall evidence yet you said hes "very suspicious". I don't understand.
Edit: I made this response before finishing reading up, so some of these points has already been made.

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
I think we should start with lynching the AFK folk first. Then we have more time to think things out and see how a night phase goes. That way, we'll have more to go off of. Might be busy tomorrow, so just in case, #Vote nahfackler .

SleeknFoxy

Omnipotent Bat Overlord
Greenie
Jun 20, 2014
"Is there a mod-convened chat area for innocents?" /s

Also I think independents win if they are alive and one of the sides wins maybe I could be wrong though.

Also I am as innocent as innocent can be so if y'all wanna inbox me hmu, maybe make a group inbox idk

Also to add, bstrey looking pretty suspicious with the accusations of electro and then voting off a random afk
I will withhold my vote for now

Oh, and should we include @CreepaShadowz in a group chat so that nothing fishy goes on?

AliBlossoms

Active Player
Greenie
Apr 13, 2017
I think we should start with lynching the AFK folk first. Then we have more time to think things out and see how a night phase goes. That way, we'll have more to go off of. Might be busy tomorrow, so just in case, #Vote nahfackler .
I agree that players that don't do anything should be voted for but we should wait until tomorrow to do it because there is still time for them to do stuff

SleeknFoxy

Omnipotent Bat Overlord
Greenie
Jun 20, 2014
I agree. Wait til tomorrow, let people who have not yet replied get a chance to reply before voting because I just replied and I am thankful no one had voted for me

Status
Not open for further replies.