• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Purple Comet in Orbit!

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015

[!] PURPLE COMET IN ORBIT [!]
Our sensors indicate that there is a prankster comet in orbit around Zero. Purple in colour, and corruptful in nature, the Purple Comet scatters "Purple Coins" across the galaxy. CometHQ (the ship) has indicated that spawn has been corrupted under the influence of the comet and is standing by to oversee the retrieval operation.

The Purple Comet is back, and with it more coins than ever before! Alongside a brand new hub, over two hundred coins have been hidden making this the largest it's ever been.

This time, Team Amber take on reigning champions Team Crimson in the bid to see who can collect as many coins as possible.

What is the Purple Comet Event?
As some backstory, this event was inspired by the so-called Purple Coin missions in Super Mario Galaxy. Active (and required) when a Purple Comet was in orbit of a galaxy, these missions were regarded as some of the hardest and most ruthless with strict time limits. If you want some idea to what it is like to collect purple coins, please see this and this.

Purple Comet/Coins is an event where hidden collectables known as Purple Coins are placed in every map in the FFA (and Spawn). Players are split into two Teams, Team Amber and Team Crimson and try to find as many coins as they can in three hours. Whoever gets the most wins. Once the event is over, the fun doesn't stop there! Purple Coins remain in maps until collected, meaning that players can still go hunt for the remaining coins. They stick around as long as they remain uncollected, to this date there are still live coins from Generation 1 in FFA maps. Purple Coins are purple heads with a white speck in the corner.

Where will I find Purple Coins?
A Purple Coin will be hidden in every map, with a few restrictions. Maps must be in the FFA(+) and have an assigned point value (so Ninja Warrior Training Course and Wool Town Retro don't count). Purple maps, such as ANHUR, DOOM-ED and Memories will only have one coin total, instead of one for each level. It doesn't matter when the maps were published, so World Domination and Canvas will have coins.

What about Carnivale?
Carnivale, and any subsidiary maps will NOT have Purple Coins placed in them. Don't waste your time looking for them. We still have something planned for Carnivale, which will be revealed on the day.

What are the rules?
No green-only commands may be used to find coins, such as /rocket, /call and /home. If you have permissions to the region of a map, don't abuse them to find coins. Please also be visible (not vanished) while searching for coins.

What if there is a tie?
In the (unlikely) event of a tie, several coins will be hidden in a location of our choosing. The team that finds the most of these special coins will win. There will probably not be a tie though, so you don't need to worry.

How this different from past events?
Not only are there more coins than ever before, we have also multiple surprises in store. Some have already been teased, but others you will discover on your own. If you were wondering:
(2016) Team Sonar defeats Team Nitron 26 - 13 in the first Purple Comet event (Thread)
(2017) In a very tight event, Team Crimson defeats Team Aurora 57 - 57 with a tiebreaker (Thread)

When is it? How long is it? How do I sign up?
The event will start at 7pm UTC and will last for 3 hours. Signing up in this thread is appreciated, but not required. All you need to do to enter is simply show up. Please show up early so we can start promptly.
What date you ask? September 8th (probably). Originally it was planned for September 1st, but a bunch of people are away that day. We are likely going to do September 8th instead. Please post below if you can make September 8th (or September 1st).

Last edited:

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
I hope I can make it, dance starts sometime around then but I should be able to make it home before event starts
(both dates)

Last edited:

Fire

Absolute
May 13, 2015
I can't do it on the 8th, I can do it on the 1st or the following Saturday though

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Super fun event! It was really close. Good job to all players on both teams, my heart was racing by the end.

rickyboy320

Administrator
Op
Nov 18, 2013
Every time it is so close. Great job to both teams :)
Thanks for making it so fun, I loved the new additions.
Great hiding spots this time around too ;) Already hyped for the next one.