• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia 18- Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
MINR MAFIA 18- REBIRTH

PROLOGUE

It was a dangerous time for Minr’s players. The server was finally free from the iron grip of the Godfather, but most of the active players had disappeared along with him, leaving the server in just as much chaos and disunity as it had been in before. As the remaining greens and staff members began to restore order and safety, they encountered fierce opposition along the way. The biggest threat was a group of rebels called the Reborn, a collection of whities, griefers, and former mafia members that had faced defeat in the past and banded together to finish what they’d started. They sought to destroy this new society while it was still forming, to avenge their fallen allies and gain total control over Minr. And for a while, it looked like they would succeed.

But somebody stood in their way. For months since his “death,” the spirit of the Detective, ElectroUnderwear, had lived on through the walls of the Infinity Maze. He often watched over the regular world, saddened and angered by what his failure had created. After what seemed like an eternity of searching, he found an individual that stood out to him- an intelligent, hardworking person who was determined to change things for the better. Using his nonsensical-plot-device Detective abilities, he managed to enter the person's dreams and make contact with them. The player agreed to become his successor, and was granted the power and knowledge they needed to succeed. Under the codename of "The Liberator," this person eventually gained the staff's trust and assistance, and was always hot on his/her enemies' heels. The majority of its members were found and arrested over time, but the remaining ones were evasive and had to frequently move around to avoid being discovered. Eventually, he/she tracked their location to a small town in one of the far corners of the server.......

"... I'm telling you, this is where they're hiding. All of the evidence points toward it."

The mayor of the town listened as the Liberator explained everything. Troubled by this information, the mayor asked, "So you're going to be investigating the people here?"

"That's right. I can't make any real moves until I know who the suspects are. But as long as I don't let the rebels know that I'm on to them, I should be able to catch them in the act. It may be possible to finish this without any bloodshed at all."

"If you say so. I know I can trust you, so you have my full cooperation in this. Just be careful."

"Of course. I plan on starting immediately."

But these two must have had the worst luck ever, because one of said rebels had just come to see the mayor and overheard the conversation. After listening long enough to hear all of the necessary information, the sneaky player quickly left before being discovered.

The leader of the Reborn was caught off guard by the news. "Are you sure it was the Liberator?"

"No, but it seemed like it from the conversation. Also, their voices were really muffled from outside the room and I couldn't get a good view without being seen, so I couldn't find out the person's identity."

The leader was slightly annoyed, but said, "Alright. We may not know who's on to us, but we know that someone is, and that's a starting point. Since we've been losing this battle for a while, I think it's time to take some risks. We'll start killing to put pressure on our investigator, and both sides will be narrowing down who the other could be. If we can discover and take out the Liberator here, then we'll be that much closer to starting our reign at the top!"

Nobody in the town could have prepared for the next morning. It was a blue who first discovered it, crying out and alerting the others. Soon, people were rushing to the town hall and seeing the bloody remains of one of their own, with multiple gashes that appeared to be knife wounds. This was unmistakably murder.

I'm too late, the Liberator thought in despair. I have to find them before they can keep killing....

RULES

1) Basic rules apply, read this if you haven't already --->https://forums.minr.org/threads/mafia-general-rules-and-tips.318/

2) This round will begin at daytime.

3)You MAY talk in or out of the thread regardless of whether it's day or night. I would prefer to be included in forum PMs to see what's going on in the game, but this is optional.

4) Dead players can say goodbye or make harmless comments on the game, but may NOT share their viewpoints or any information that they discovered with living players. In other words, don't try to influence the game.

5) Any player that shows no signs of activity for 2 full cycles will be modkilled.

6) If there is any sort of tie in the voting (player vs. player, player vs. nobody), no one will be lynched.

7) This round will be using American currency as a mechanic. Everyone starts out with 50$ and can gain more in various ways:

• Posting for that day or night (troll posts or "posting 4 money" will not be counted)
  • Voting for another player (bonus for successfully lynching someone on the opposite team)
  • Using your power at night (mafia have to use their individual power for this, not just kill)
  • Visiting the church (explained in the next rule)
8) At night, there will be four different locations that you can stay in, and you can use their benefits to your advantage. Remember, though, that you can only go to ONE per night. You can still use your power on a player that's in a different location.

TOWN SQUARE- Where the daytime meetings take place. There is nothing special about this one- it's simply the default. You will be here if you don't choose a location. You MAY use your power here.

SHOP- At the beginning of each night, I will announce what items are available at what prices. Some may be added over the course of the game, but I probably won't remove any. You can (if you can afford them) buy as many items as you want at any time during the night, and even use them before the night is over if you choose. You MAY use your power here, even if you buy something.

CHURCH- You can also pray at the church, triggering a randomized minor event, or "miracle." This will likely be positive and affect only you, but it's hard to tell for sure. You MAY use your power here, whether you pray or not.

HOME- Lastly, you can stay away from the public and seek refuge in your own home. Since you're harder to find, any harmful action against you will only have a 50% chance at succeeding. You MAY NOT use your power here, since you've isolated yourself from the others.

9) As long as the Liberator is in the game, all players receive increased cash rewards and have better odds of getting more beneficial miracles. This is definitely someone you want alive.

Sorry I got this up so late, I lost a lot of my work and had to retype it ;-;

Last edited:

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
DAY 1
Everyone was restless at the site of the murder. Shock, fear, and devastation rippled through the crowd uncontrollably, and it took several minutes for the mayor to get people to calm down enough to allow him to speak. He hesitated and made a subtle glance toward the Liberator, who nodded for him to go on. They already know we're on to them, the detective reasoned. There's no other explanation for this sudden murder. They wouldn't just send up a red flag like this.

The mayor looked around and said, "We have reason to believe that the Reborn is behind this. I will do my best to increase security in the town, but until we can find the culprits, none of us is truly safe. You may remain if you're truly committed to avenging our friend; to everyone else, I recommend you leave. This loss was tragic, and we want to avoid any more."

The crowd once again started erupting into chaos, with questions and accusations and such, but eventually began to disperse as people went to pack their things and leave. Before long, only a handful of determined players remained, and none of them seemed to have the intent to leave. But among them, not everyone was what they seemed.

The game has begun. Voting is now open, and roles are being sent out. Updates will come every 2 days, which I may change to 1 if the game drags on too much. Since we're already short on players, try to avoid falling into inactivity.

Current Players

MarstaVidar
Zatharel
CreepaShadowz
rmanimal
Pro Luma
Srentiln
SleeknFoxy
nahfackler

Last edited:

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
The game has begun. Voting is now open, and roles are being sent out. Updates will come every 2 days, which I may change to 1 if the game drags on too much. Since we're already short on players, try to avoid falling into inactivity.
I think we get them like any other game.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
9) As long as the Liberator is in the game, all players receive increased cash rewards and have better odds of getting more beneficial miracles. This is definitely someone you want alive.
Yeah, good luck mafia.
In serious terms, the mafia team is likely going to be small (2-3?), as there likely is innocent/mafia balance.
Other than that, it's the first day, so until investigations go underway neither of us can really strike at each other.

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
In serious terms, the mafia team is likely going to be small (2-3?), as there likely is innocent/mafia balance.
Given the low amount of players (I was really expecting more...), I think it's safe to assume there's at most 3 mafia members (I'm leaning more towards 2). From the prologue of the story we hear only 2 people talking from the Reborn, and by the logic of game balance there can at most be 1 more.

I'm curious if the "Liberator" is a direct successor of a detective (same powers, investigate people and find out alignment) or has his own power set that's not the same (The name is kinda close to Vigilante? Perhaps he has his own kill?). In a similar manner I'm curious of what powers the Reborn leader has, i.e is he just Godfather 2.0 or something more?

There's not much we can do today except focus on making assumptions for the roles and such, so I'd like to hear some opinions.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Everyone was restless at the site of the murder. Shock, fear, and devastation rippled through the crowd uncontrollably, and it took several minutes for the mayor to get people to calm down enough to allow him to speak. He hesitated and made a subtle glance toward the Liberator, who nodded for him to go on. They already know we're on to them, the detective reasoned. There's no other explanation for this sudden murder. They wouldn't just send up a red flag like this.
I reckon that the Liberator is probably a detective.
EDIT: Or that could just be from Electro's perspective (as the detective spirit), but I think that is unlikely.

@ElectroUnderwear How much money do you get for posting, voting and using your night action?

Last edited:

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
You can find out by doing those things :)

EDIT: Excluding the amounts, I'd like to be a bit more specific about the methods of gaining money. You'll get money for all of the options you fulfill, but you won't get the same bonus multiple times in one day or night. This means that repeatedly posting or voting today won't speed up your income. Self-votes are counted in the reward system. Talking in PM does not count as posting.

Last edited:

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Fewer players will make this easier, since it will be harder for a person to silently go unnoticed. The hard part will be determining how to deduce things this round.

Marrimars

Sleepy Forest Girl
Op
Board
Feb 7, 2016
Well, the biggest question i think is what all the new different roles have as abilities, that's probably the best thing to find out. Sadly, as said above we can't really do anything for now, so meh.

ElectroUnderwear

some guy
Greenie
Nov 4, 2013
NIGHT 1
The gathered players had been discussing amongst themselves for some time now. They'd planned to start separating the innocent from the guilty as quickly as possible, but it wasn't long before they realized that there was little to no evidence to use so far. Eventually agreeing that it was too early to make any decisions, they ended their first unofficial meeting and started going about their own business. Some spent the night carefully thinking everything over, while others constantly watched their backs and tried to hide as well as possible. The threat of death was very real, and everyone felt it.

Near the edge of town, a church and a shop had recently opened for the first time. Players considered stopping by before going to sleep for the night.

As of right now, there are three different "levels" of miracles that can happen at the church, with 3 being the rarest and most powerful. What benefits you receive here will be largely up to chance.

These are the current available items in the shop. If more people claim an item in one night than the shop has in supply, it's whoever asked first that gets it.

Invisibility Potion: Become immune to all actions for one night as soon as you decide to use it. You will not be protected at daytime. Can only be purchased once by each player. Cost: $60
Nullifier: Cancel another player's vote during the day. Infinite supply, but only one of these can be used every day. Cost: $40
Security Camera: Learn who used their power on you in the current phase. Infinite supply. Cost: $60
Mystery Item #1: An item that will only be revealed to you once you buy it. Only one of these is in stock. Cost: $70
Mystery Item #2: Different item, same idea, except this one costs more. Only one is available. What could all this mean? Cost: $100

Please send me where you want to go and what you plan on doing. You guys have done a good job of not being absent so far.

Last edited:

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
Ok, I am now in the mixer. I'll try and post a couple times a day. So if I don't reply immediately I'll most likely reply a little later.

Good luck to us all.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
if anyone buys the mystery items, I am very curious about them now, lol

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
Does anyone even have enough money to buy such an item? I think it's going to be a cycle before anyone can buy the mystery items.

nahfackler

Peon
Aug 8, 2014
I am wondering what the difference between Mystery Item 1 and 2 are.. If I buy one, I'll let you know if it is worth purchasing.

Pro Luma

I Like Anime but Not All Anime Just Some Anime
Mod
Feb 18, 2014
I am wondering what the difference between Mystery Item 1 and 2 are.. If I buy one, I'll let you know if it is worth purchasing.
Only one is available so even if it is a really good item noone else could buy it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.