• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XXII - Spirits (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I don't have a great feeling about this, but Watson is giving us things to work with. This lynch seems like the better option right now.

#Vote Parry

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
--- NOTICE ---

Actions and votes are locked. Update will come as soon as I can.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019

The train was silent. Eerily silent. Nothing much happened. As the sun rose and fell, shadows moved. Here, or there, whispers among shadows were exchanged. A pair meeting in the back, a group exchanging in the front. Shadows played among the afraid, dancing a silent song. As a whole, nothing stirred. It was as if everyone had been drained of energy and hope, and milled around silently. Nothing would be accomplished today, a mentality that might be their very downfall.

But then one man stood up. The only option that made seen to him was for them to choose their lynch, to take their destiny into their own hands. If they were to survive, they could not be sheep. As the sun began to fade, he went into the dining room (a common meeting era) and made his case. He said, due to time running out and a general lack of discussion, that they had no better choice than to lynch the person they had the best lead on - Parry. Parry stood their, silently, saying nothing. A few others chimed in - Mrs. Coulter agreeing that their best option was to lynch someone who had contributed little (except their misadventures with a fork). Doyle immediately shouted back, saying that they should go for their original target - one who happened to be trying to kill the person who first attacked him. If it was anyone who was suspicious, it was Watson! Coulter, despite uncertain feelings, cast her vote against Parry. She claimed it was the only thing they had to work with, but rejected any liability should it go wrong.

With light gone and darkness rising, it, at long last, was time.

--- VOTE COUNT ---

[2] John Parry - Dr. Watson, Mrs. Coulter
[1] Dr. Watson - Arthur Doyle

John Parry has been nominated to die.

Watson looked around, then his eyes fell upon a cheese knife resting on a nearby table. He seized it, and then plunged it straight into Parry - in a manner similar to how Parry had attacked Watson the previous day. Unlike then though, this blow was fatal. As Parry collapsed to the ground, Watson continued punching hole after hole into Parry (who remained silent), perhaps as revenge. Nevertheless, John Parry would never wield a fork again.

John Parry, the Innocent Passenger, has become like Swiss Cheese!

However, to the shock of many, Dr. Watson collapsed to the floor beside Parry, and didn't move.

Dr. Watson, the Passenger, has dropped dead on the spot!

Everybody, stunned, moved silently back to their cabins.

--- INFORMATION ---

Today had a disappointing lack of discussion, mainly due to the lack of voting. Consider a random lynch a penalty, not an option. Ensure that this does not happen again tomorrow, or passengers may be killed for inactivity. Posting four times (with reasonable content) within the next 5 (real-life) days should be sufficient.

The night phase ends on 2019/01/31.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

Howard Lovecraft

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
It seems like Dr Watson may have been independent... based on the yellow text and the fact it says 'passenger' rather than 'innocent passenger'.

I find this entire situation extremely grim. I have no idea why Dr Watson was also killed today and I find it extremely annoying.

Ford Prefect

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Wow. Is there any explanation for Watson’s death? I am quite confused. If ANYONE has any information on this, we need it very, very quickly.

Lord Boreal

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
seems he was killed off due to the lack of voting and discussion during the day
No, Parry was lynched by Watson and Coulter, while Watson was killed off by some unknown person (presumably the mafia), but what makes it strange is that it was during the day and Watson’s alignment wasn’t revealed. I have no idea as to why...

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
Question to the conductor: do private messages count as posts for the purpose this count?
Private messages do NOT count towards this count. Said messages need to be posted in the main thread.

Unrelated, I'd like to clarify that death messages have said persons' alignment in green if innocent, red if mafia, and blue if neutral.

Meriadoc

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I'm hopeful that Night Two will give us some insight into Watson's death. Right now I'm struggling to come up with any theories concerning why no alignment was revealed for Watson, and how he was killed during the day in the first place.

I'm also questioning if he was targeted by the mafia, the independent, or possibly an innocent with some kind of killing ability. Regardless of who caused it, that still wouldn't explain why an alignment wasn't included, which is my biggest question right now.

Howard Lovecraft

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
My initial thought was that perhaps Watson's life was linked to Parry's via his role, and maybe Watson's alignment was also linked to Parry's. I don't reeaaally understand how that could be possible though, seeing as the two liked to vote each other out most of the time.

Charles Lindbergh

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
The conductor said Watson had no allignment but people are discussing what his allignment is.
Maybe I misunderstood. Can someone explain?

Last edited:

Lord Boreal

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
The conductor said Watson had no allignment but people are discussing what his allignment is.
Maybe I misunderstood. Can someone explain?
A player can’t have no alignment whatsover—a player’s goal has to be either kill all mafia, kill all innocents, survive with either side, or a unique condition, the last two of which are lumped into the “independent” category.

The Conductor doesn’t mean Watson didn’t have any goal, he simply means that it wasn’t revealed to us. This makes me think that whoever killed Watson must have been either Independent or Mafia, since an innocent killer role would have no reason to want to mask their victims’ alignments.
Then again, I can hardly think of a reason an Independent or Mafia would either, outside of anything wildly specific.

The reason behind Watson being revealed with his alignment concealed is beyond me, but it must have been something unique, and definitely not something good, either. Everyone should stay on alert and choose their night actions carefully.

Robert Blake

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Arthur Doyle, why did you have such a vendetta against Dr. Watson, even going so far as to contact me (I'm not sure about anyone else), telling me without proof that I should vote Dr. Watson?

Montalbano

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
The way I see it, there are three possibilities for a no-alignment.
1) He started with no alignment, and throughout the game he would be able to be converted to another alignment.
2) He started out as some alignment, and was mid-process being converted.
3) His alignment was hidden, as Boreal suggested.

Regardless, it seems he was not innocent at this time, and whether by luck or not, Parry and Doyle seemed on the right track.

Now that we, sadly, know Parry is innocent, would you mind expanding on why you were so quick to take his side, @Arthur Doyle ? Do you maybe have some information we do not?

Status
Not open for further replies.