• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Mafia XXII - Spirits (Game Over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Constantine

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Discussing strategies.

It's best to pull conclusions after this night, rather than spending time on trying to see how the smallest of things could signify a Mafia. We know too little to make concrete claims.

Lord Boreal

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
It is sad that an innocent has died.
Maybe we should use a different voting strategy tomorrow?
After tonight, many people will have used their role abilities, which will hopefully give us more clues as to who we ought to vote for, based on who was affected by what. Some will also feel comfortable enough to share their roles with others they trust in the future. The reason today was tricky was because neither of those things had happened.

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019
--- END OF NIGHT ---

Actions are locked. The update will be delivered within a couple hours (they take a long time to write).

--- END OF NOTICE ---

The Conductor

Peon
Mod
Jan 9, 2019

The wind howled as the moon gleamed in the sky, watching over the stranded train. After the excitement of the previous day, everything subsided after the death of Poirot. With not much else to do that day, and in anticipation of more information, the passengers of the train returned to their cabins, hoping that they were not next on the list. One person who was especially worried was Mrs. Coulter. They had been fairly active in the prior day's discussions, and this show of leadership could potentially make them a target. As the night wore on, she fretted over this for hours. When the moon was past its peak, she realised that before she left, she could do one last thing.

Parry also lay awake in the dark. After such a tumultuous showing, he was sure that he would not survive much longer. He was sure that his blood was desired. What was he thinking, charging in there like that - armed with nothing but a kitchen fork. He thought about Monsieur Bouc, who had reacted so violently. He had shown much distaste for him. Would he be the one to drive the knife (significantly more dangerous than a fork). The truth was, Monsieur Bouc became much more intimately familiar with kitchen utensils than he would have liked. Bouc was a light sleeper, and combined with a slight gluttonous trait he was prone to investigating the pantry in the early hours of the morning. It was something about food, the act of crunching that just made him relax.

He was spreading some margarine (not butter, there was a local shortage of that) on some slightly-stale bread when a figure shrouded in shadow approached him. He was slightly surprised, so in his reaction he accidentally turned with his butter knife facing towards the shadowed figure. "Nice knife you got there, but mine is bigger." And thus the duel of knives begun. Unfortunately for Bouc, a butter knife does not pose much of a threat to a real knife.

Monsieur Bouc, the Innocent Passenger, lost the duel of the knives!

And so began the second day, when his body was discovered alongside a shattered butter knife by the bleary eye inhabitants of the train.

--- A REMINDER ---

Night action results will be distributed after this post is published.

You must lynch someone today. If you don't, someone will be killed at random.
You may vote for a player to die using #vote <name>. You may also #unvote. You may not vote for no lynch.
You have 72 hours. The day phase ends at 4:00 am 2019/01/29 UTC.
We hope you have familiarised yourself with defence against fresh fruit. Pointed sticks will be covered next session.
Whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. If there is a tie, whoever reached the highest threshold first will die.

You may not communicate with dead players in any way. Dead players may not share their identities.

--- END OF NOTICE ---

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
That's an interesting kill. The only reasons I can think of to kill Bouc are to frame Parry (who Bouc was on to) or to get him out of the way if Parry is in fact mafia. Either way, Parry is probably the person I want to hear from the most right now.

Lystacrl

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Hmm once again sad to see another innocent go but I can assure you that it wasn’t parry that killed Bouc. He might be a part of the mafia but he wasn’t the one to kill.

Howard Lovecraft

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
The person i'd most like to hear from is Pritchett. We know he was discussing things with Bouc before Bouc's murder, as per the following quote.

There's a lot to unpack here. An assault. Then the response, which I certainly was not certain about. Pritchett did offer me a theory, and it seems like the Conductor is affirming this? Thoughts?
Perhaps Pritchett was attempting to determine Bouc's alignment/role, and once he determined Bouc was an innocent, chose him to be the Mafia's first target.

Arthur Doyle

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I've narrowed down my mafia list significantly, but I don't want another innocent to die. I think I just need to stay alive one more day please.

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
I am not sure if I am allowed to quote private conversations so for the time being I will paraphrase. Bouc reached out to me asking me what I was interpreting from Parry's message and I responded saying that I believed that Parry may be a neutral role that could talk to the dead based on italicized words/phrases such as "aftershock" "dug your own graves" and "spirits" and "responses", along with him saying he was the only purely good role in the game. From this I interpreted that the only purely good role would not have a side. Bouc responded saying he thought it was ridiculous for Parry to dodge revealing his role like that and the conversation ended. I did not ask his role and he did not ask for mine.

Victor Pritchett

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Thank you for filling me in. In that case, here is the conversation word-for-word.

Bouc: Pritchett,

What is there to interpret about Parry's message? He's making baseless accusations.

Me: Due to spirit and responses being italiciszed, along with the phrase "dug your own graves" and the word "aftershock" being used, I was guessing that he may potentially be hinting at a role that can speak to the dead. Purely good may refer to him being neutral and not out to kill anyone. Not sure what tainted being italz. means for his role unless he's saying he could side with the mafia due to innocents having turned on him.

Bouc: Clever, but dancing around words like that is, in my humble opinion, idiotic.

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Nothing is really happening and it's discouraging. I should have more time to share my own opinions in a couple of hours, but we need to get a lynch going today.

Dr. Watson

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
... Due to the last day's events, and my already-stated opinion on him, I request that we investigate Parry further. ... I believe he is the most likely suspect at the current time.
If anybody has any information to share about his character, I would like to hear it before the end of the day.
Should we approach our limit on time prior to discovering a better suspect, I suggest we vote for him.

Dr. Watson

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
... Due to limitations on time and a lack of consensus on a target today, I feel this is the best approach to avoid a random lynch. ... I still feel that a random dead passenger has a higher chance of hitting an important innocent than a mafia, assuming there are less mafia than innocent.

#vote John Parry

Mrs. Coulter

Minr Mafia
Jan 19, 2019
Parry dies in half an hour unless anyone else besides me is going to vote. I'd still be willing to lynch an inactive player since today went nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.